Agent207

Sorry if I missed something,

But why would it affecting LH levels be a bad thing?

You want adequate hormone output to be efficient through good signaling, and not by revving up pituitary gland.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You want adequate hormone output to be efficient through good signaling, and not by revving up pituitary gland.

Exactly. LH and FSH are potuitary hormones. Just like TSH, when they are elevated it suggests hypo-function of some sort, in this case the gonads.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So @haidut you will be announcing or releasing this supplement in about a week? Did I understand correctly?

Yep, should be up for sale this coming week.

Iron Man

So I guess I will keep playing with topical natural progesterone in the mornings and 50mg of Pregnenolone at night and see how it goes.

Thanks @haidut

Iron Man

I am not sure 50mg of pregnenolone and natural progesterone cream are doing much in my case. I had been on both these for about 2 months and then had blood work done. My testosterone did not rise at all. It is still sitting at 8.5 nmol/L or 245 ng/dl. My testosterone has been low for a long while now and it truly is a wonder that I have built the muscle that I have. With these kind of consistent readings, I would not consider my body to be in an anabolic state.

Gl;itch.e

I am not sure 50mg of pregnenolone and natural progesterone cream are doing much in my case. I had been on both these for about 2 months and then had blood work done. My testosterone did not rise at all. It is still sitting at 8.5 nmol/L or 245 ng/dl. My testosterone has been low for a long while now and it truly is a wonder that I have built the muscle that I have. With these kind of consistent readings, I would not consider my body to be in an anabolic state.
There is the theory that in highly trained individuals more test gets "bound up" to the receptors and thus is not free in the blood. But then there is more to muscle growth than just testosterone. Id be interested to see what your levels are like after a small amount of DHEA for a time

Iron Man

I gave DHEA a trial a while back and it did not seem to do a whole lot. Actually, I had concerns it was converting to estrogen and that is why I jumped onto pregnenolone.

My testosterone was originally 7.5 nmol/L or 216ng/dl. It then jumped up to about 9.5 nmol/L or 274 ng/dl. Somewhere along the line, it dropped back to 8.5 nmol/L or 245 ng/dl and this is where it has sat for a year or so now.

According to the reference range for a male between the ages of 35 - 44, testosterone should be around 20.7 nmol/l or 597ng/dl. If this is correct, then I am way, way low...

Gl;itch.e

I gave DHEA a trial a while back and it did not seem to do a whole lot. Actually, I had concerns it was converting to estrogen and that is why I jumped onto pregnenolone.
Then you were probably using too much. Seriously give 2-5mg a day a go for awhile and then get some blood work done.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

My testosterone was originally 7.5 nmol/L or 216ng/dl. It then jumped up to about 9.5 nmol/L or 274 ng/dl. Somewhere along the line, it dropped back to 8.5 nmol/L or 245 ng/dl and this is where it has sat for a year or so now.

According to the reference range for a male between the ages of 35 - 44, testosterone should be around 20.7 nmol/l or 597ng/dl. If this is correct, then I am way, way low...

An increase from 7.5 to 9.5 (26%) is not a small matter and likely due to the DHEA. When T is in the bottom half of the range an increase of 26% is likely having very noticeable effects on physique and metabolism. Why did you stop it? Did you do estrogen test as well that showed jump in estrogen (or prolactin)?

Iron Man

An increase from 7.5 to 9.5 (26%) is not a small matter and likely due to the DHEA. When T is in the bottom half of the range an increase of 26% is likely having very noticeable effects on physique and metabolism. Why did you stop it? Did you do estrogen test as well that showed jump in estrogen (or prolactin)?

I have two Doctors in the family and one of them absolutely freaked out when she heard I was on DHEA. That was part of the reason why I stopped. The other reasons I stopped was that I firmly believe that I have estrogen dominance and thinning hair (hypothyroid related in my opinion). I read that DHEA can cause issues if someone is in this situation. I then got on to pregnenolone, which I thought was safer?

Iron Man

@haidut - I have been looking into pregnenolone some more and I have been thinking that pregnenolone should be better than DHEA, should it not? Pregnenolone is further up the line and second to cholesterol. Is my thinking correct on this?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut - I have been looking into pregnenolone some more and I have been thinking that pregnenolone should be better than DHEA, should it not? Pregnenolone is further up the line and second to cholesterol. Is my thinking correct on this?

The problem with it is that it does not seem to convert much into DHEA. In fact, the higher dose you take the more it favors the progesterone route. Lower doses may have more of a DHEA-boosting effect but this has not been tested directly. The human studies with 400mg - 500mg daily found only minor increase in DHEA-S levels. So, some DHEA may go a long way if DHEA levels are low to start with. The extra pregnenolone would not hurt either. Pregnenolone also potentiates DHEA effects as discussed in the Pansterone thread.

Iron Man

The problem with it is that it does not seem to convert much into DHEA. In fact, the higher dose you take the more it favors the progesterone route. Lower doses may have more of a DHEA-boosting effect but this has not been tested directly. The human studies with 400mg - 500mg daily found only minor increase in DHEA-S levels. So, some DHEA may go a long way if DHEA levels are low to start with. The extra pregnenolone would not hurt either. Pregnenolone also potentiates DHEA effects as discussed in the Pansterone thread.
Thanks @haidut Is 50mg of pregnenalone an ok dose? Being that it possibly converts to progesterone, does this mean that I should not take pregnenalone and progesterone together? Maybe take on alternate days, with one day pregnenalone and one day progesterone? It looks like I need to get on to DHEA again then, but what does someone do about concerns of estrogen conversion?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks @haidut Is 50mg of pregnenalone an ok dose? Being that it possibly converts to progesterone, does this mean that I should not take pregnenalone and progesterone together? Maybe take on alternate days, with one day pregnenalone and one day progesterone? It looks like I need to get on to DHEA again then, but what does someone do about concerns of estrogen conversion?

In dose 30mg - 50mg daily pregnenolone may raise DHEA more than 100mg or higher. Like I said, it has not been tested but the 30mg and 50mg daily doses showed benefits for mental disorders like depression and given the beneficial role of DHEA in these disorders, it was probably due to elevated DHEA levels from pregnenolone. The higher doses like 200mg daily did not have an effect, so that's that. If you take higher dose pregenolone like 100mg+ daily Peat commonly advises people to take 5mg DHEA with that. Or youc an try the 30mg - 50mg pregnenolone only and do some blood work. It will answer a lot of questions for people here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals