The Only Hormone Or Anti-Oxidant You Actually Need

SQu

Thanks Vision! In the recent past I've tried counting how long I could hold after breathing out without getting stressed (posted somewhere here as a link to normal breathing site) and it was pathetic, like 6 or 7 seconds (indicates that I'm ancient and extremely ill apparently!).But that's not what you're asking as it's how long I can hold if I try, not how long it takes naturally. Will note this. Also in the past noticed pathetic results blowing out a candle. Which is one reason I knew I had an issue.
Yesterday I did this again, nebulized with a saturated solution and used about half at lunchtime (.4g if I'm calculating correctly) then another 3/4 of nebulizer (about .6g) at bedtime. Funnily enough it does not open my chest - reverse - tightens it and gets wheezy but not too bad, but then helped again with actual sleep. Last night was definitely less restless, almost no aching (this is a first in many years) and restful sleep in between a couple of wakeups. Definitely progress! No aching must mean less lactic acid then.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
superhuman said:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Nebulizer

ok wich one to buy for the baking soda thing? i wanna try this ASAP
GREAT TOPIC VOF
I couldn't get the link to work but it might be because I'm on a mobile device. If you search " small volume nebulizer air compressor" you should find several links. You would need the air compressor machine often referred to as the nebulizer which typically plugs into the wall but they do make portable battery operated machine. You would also need the nebulizer kit which contains a "medicine " cup, tubing and a mask or mouthpiece. The site http://www.nationaljewish.org (search " using a nebulizer") as good information and a video on using a nebulizer. I'm not connected with the site and I don't believe they are selling anything but I think it's helpful information if one isn't familiar with using a nebulizer.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
sueq said:
Thanks Vision! In the recent past I've tried counting how long I could hold after breathing out without getting stressed (posted somewhere here as a link to normal breathing site) and it was pathetic, like 6 or 7 seconds (indicates that I'm ancient and extremely ill apparently!).But that's not what you're asking as it's how long I can hold if I try, not how long it takes naturally. Will note this. Also in the past noticed pathetic results blowing out a candle. Which is one reason I knew I had an issue.
Yesterday I did this again, nebulized with a saturated solution and used about half at lunchtime (.4g if I'm calculating correctly) then another 3/4 of nebulizer (about .6g) at bedtime. Funnily enough it does not open my chest - reverse - tightens it and gets wheezy but not too bad, but then helped again with actual sleep. Last night was definitely less restless, almost no aching (this is a first in many years) and restful sleep in between a couple of wakeups. Definitely progress! No aching must mean less lactic acid then.
I just wanted to mention that in 'medicine' a sodium bicarbonate inhalation treatment is normally given after a bronchodilator because one of the side effects can be wheezing. I'm not suggesting anything but wanted to pass on that information.

OP
V
sueq said:
...In the recent past I've tried counting how long I could hold after breathing out without getting stressed (posted somewhere here as a link to normal breathing site) and it was pathetic, like 6 or 7 seconds.
I think Peat disagrees with those practitioners (called Buteyko) who hold their breath, and feels that holding your breath for extended periods of time is stressful and anti-thyroid. So, yes, here as practicing Peatians we need not hold our breath!
sueq said:
But that's not what you're asking as it's how long I can hold if I try, not how long it takes naturally.
Yes, the idea is to see how long you naturally take between breaths, and by naturally, I mean without any effort to actually hold your breath. The effect of the bicarbonate once it starts working should be to lengthen this natural amount of time between breaths.

sueq said:
Yesterday I did this again, nebulized with a saturated solution and used about half at lunchtime (.4g if I'm calculating correctly) then another 3/4 of nebulizer (about .6g) at bedtime.
Great idea, s! Increasing gradually in more than one session. I like your thinking!

sueq said:
Funnily enough it does not open my chest - reverse - tightens it and gets wheezy but not too bad,
As Blossom may suggest below, I don't know that bicarbonate provides a benefit for asthma or bronchitis, specifically (it may, but I haven't looked). But improvements in delivering carbonates in the body provide, Peat thinks, the potential to treat all degenerative illnessess and even aging itself. So, looked at that way, the clock is now turning the other way, and you are younger than you were yesterday!

sueq said:
No aching must mean less lactic acid then.
Yes, carbonates can be used to buffer lactic acid, provided they are sufficiently available in your body.
sueq said:
but then helped again with actual sleep. Last night was definitely less restless, almost no aching (this is a first in many years) and restful sleep in between a couple of wakeups. Definitely progress!
Thanks, s. I really appreciate your inspiring words. It's great to know there are people like you and many others in this community out there. :) I believe that (as Such_Saturation and I think Milklove have said) the purposeful actions we take together contribute to our shared consciousness.

jyb

On the inconvenience of a nebulizer, it's noisy yet would take a while to finish, say, 1g from the baking soda solution - you have to sit there with it turned on for some time.

OP
V
jyb said:
On the inconvenience of a nebulizer, it's noisy yet would take a while to finish, say, 1g from the baking soda solution - you have to sit there with it turned on for some time.
Yes, the claim for nebulizing being that it is comparable in effect to an intravenous infusion. Assuming you don't waste much of the 1 gram nebulized, you might have the equivalent of a standard 840 mg IV infusion of sodium bicarbonate, without the IV shunt.

Peata

I have a question or two, if anyone knows - I've read on various sites that carbon dioxide and/or baking soda can cause panic in some people who are prone to panic attacks. I think some of the sites were talking about IV usage, but some may have mentioned bag breathing or ingesting baking soda too. I just wonder why it would give panic when it's recommended to help panic and hyperventilation (such as bag breathing). Is it just because people were given such a huge amount? Are we OK with the smaller amounts we get from bag breathing, baking soda, carbonated waters, etc.

OP
V
Peata said:
I have a question or two, if anyone knows - I've read on various sites that carbon dioxide and/or baking soda can cause panic in some people who are prone to panic attacks. I think some of the sites were talking about IV usage, but some may have mentioned bag breathing or ingesting baking soda too. I just wonder why it would give panic when it's recommended to help panic and hyperventilation (such as bag breathing). Is it just because people were given such a huge amount? Are we OK with the smaller amounts we get from bag breathing, baking soda, carbonated waters, etc.
I've only heard of panic attacks occurring in some people when levels of CO2 in the air reach 8% or more, which may happen if you breathe in a bag that's tight to your face for several minutes. It's a strange brain response that is not understood, because there is no harm that results from those levels of CO2 (in fact, preemies require that level of about 8% CO2 to survive).

No reports I've seen from IV infusion, carbonated water, or ingested baking soda.

jyb

visionofstrength said:
jyb said:
Yes, the claim for nebulizing being that it is comparable in effect to an intravenous infusion. Assuming you don't waste much of the 1 gram nebulized, you might have the equivalent of a standard 840 mg IV infusion of sodium bicarbonate, without the IV shunt.

Actually, it's more like 0.5g or 1g in the solution that is vaporized, but some of the vapor is lost when not inhaling so maybe it's less. Let's assume it's 0.5g. Is it significant? I would define significant if the increase in blood concentration is still positive after half a day (otherwise, you'd need to supplement CO2 quite frequently).

SQu

Noisy, yes! Hubby's comment at bedtime was that apparently I had a helicopter in the bed!
Slight irritation to nostrils, like when you have a cold.
Last night not a good night, but I did have a truly awful day, traumatic is not an overstatement. So. Not surprising.
About to nebulize now, before bed.
Purposeful actions, shared consciousness - absolutely and you know I think what we can imagine this could be is just the tip of the iceberg. Using the internet to join up likeminded people who otherwise would be isolated, never reaching their potential.

OP
V
jyb said:
Is ... the increase in blood concentration [ ] still positive after half a day? (otherwise, you'd need to supplement CO2 quite frequently).
Aye, there's the rub. Whether the carbonate remains and for how long depends on your own metabolic acidosis at the time. For example, if lactic acid happens to be high the carbonate may be washed out more quickly. But of course, that's a really good thing! You need to wash that poison out!

Really, you've zeroed in on the advantage of this method: given time and patience (and tolerance for helicopter noise), there is no limit to the amount of carbonates you can gradually infuse, as much as you need, while using your own breathing rate, and your urine pH (and maybe a pulse oximeter) as safeguards. Think of it as having your own self-medicating IV pump, and you can take a dose of goodness when you want it.

Breathing CO2 accomplishes the same thing, I think. But if you have used a nebulizer before, maybe what you already know is more convenient.

jyb

If the other setup with breathing CO2 is less noisy than a nebulizer, that'd be a big advantage in my opinion.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Making sure the nebulizer machine has a clean filter sometimes cuts down on the noise as does setting the machine on a soft surface rather than a hard one. Just simply placing a folded dry bath or hand towel under the nebulizer can cut the noise down to a more reasonable level.

jyb

visionofstrength said:
The larger question is how to supplement carbonates, which include CO2, bicarbonate, and even living at altitude and inhibition of carbonic anhydrase? Bag breathing is inconvenient and potentially hypoxic, and the CO2 from ingested bicarbonate tends to be released too early by stomach acid, while enemas or IV transfusions of bicarbonate are also inconvenient. Further, living at altitude may not be practical, and is limited in efficacy, while inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase are not safe in megadoses, due to potential side effects.

In theory, why wouldn't supplementing baking soda orally be so different than a nebulizer or intravenous? Personally, in practice, I only tried supplementing a couple times and stopped because it gave me runny stools within an hour - just like a laxative (never have this problem with salt as sodium chloride however). I've also seen a quote from RP about him thinking that bag breathing was more effective than baking soda for increasing CO2.

OP
V
jyb said:
visionofstrength said:
In theory, why wouldn't supplementing baking soda orally be so different than a nebulizer or intravenous? Personally, in practice, I only tried supplementing a couple times and stopped because it gave me runny stools within an hour - just like a laxative (never have this problem with salt as sodium chloride however). I've also seen a quote from RP about him thinking that bag breathing was more effective than baking soda for increasing CO2.
Yes, as you suggest, ingested baking soda tends not to be digested reliably, so it's pretty hard to get your dosing right. What's more, some of the carbonates are released as CO2 gas in the stomach if the baking soda's alkali interacts with stomach acid.

Bag breathing has been around for a while, and was originally publicized as a miracle treatment for heart attack victims as long ago as the early 60s, I think. I imagine Peat still gets a chuckle out of that.

SQu

I'm wondering why I can't hold onto these carbonates. I take thyroid, admittedly possibly somewhat underdosing ( by symptoms, pulse). The nebulizer I think can't get them into my system enough before my nose gets too irritated to continue. I can do about 7ccs saturated solution split into two sessions. The effect of calmness and quiet breathing is subtle but great. But it wears off before I can get a good night's sleep even though I do it at bedtime. Definitely something I'll keep doing though. Bag breathing stresses me. Might see if doc will prescribe diamox for apnea next visit when I get thyroid script renewed. Thanks for the great idea though vision - keep them coming! I'm still hopeful that this one will help me turn the corner with sleep!

aquaman

visionofstrength said:
increase the amount of carbonates you are breathing, until your consciousness is regenerated, and you feel reborn.

...But you'll find that once your carbonates are high, you'll look at food like a child again, and eat what you need, when you need it.

I like the info in a lot of your posts, but I find them riddled with hyperbole, and don't see any reason for this, nor any benefit.

Like this quote above, what is it based on? Whose experience(s) outside yourself, with what background, over what timeframe? The claim is so extreme, I don't understand how you can possibly say this with a straight face.

You also start the thread by hinting that this is all you need in your arsneal to feel better. My spidey sense is really set off by a lot of your posts, I've held off writing this because you share a lot of info, but I feel that somehow a setup is happening here that will be revealed in the future. It feels like you're setting yourself up as the expert, and will be lauching some product or service in the future. You make allusions to clients of yours in your posts who you are helping, for example.

To clarify, I'm not saying this is what is happening, but I wanted to put it down. I don't need to be convinced otherwise or have VoS defended, I'm not trying to sway anyone, I'm just writing it because its's a repeated feeling i've had on reading all your posts over the last month or so. I've never had an issue with anyone on this forum, even the patently weird ones, and the argumentative ones, so yes I find it strange that I get a weird feeling about your posts.

Having said that, I will be trying this CO2 approach, and thank you for the info that you shared here and PMd me. Oh, and you don't need to give me a rep point for this post like normally happens!

OP
V
aquaman said:
visionofstrength said:
increase the amount of carbonates you are breathing, until your consciousness is regenerated, and you feel reborn.

...But you'll find that once your carbonates are high, you'll look at food like a child again, and eat what you need, when you need it.

I like the info in a lot of your posts, but I find them riddled with hyperbole, and don't see any reason for this, nor any benefit.

Like this quote above, what is it based on?
I look at it as a simple rephrasing of Peat's writings, nothing more. The crucial role of carbonates, sadly ignored by the corrupt patrinomy called "science," is entirely his. Certainly, consciousness and regeneration are his. If there is hyperbole in his writing, I don't see it.

I admit I do try hard to be inspirational, fun-loving and sharing. Maybe there is some hyperbole in that, I'll be the first to admit, but the hyperbole of fun is sort of the point? I hope it helps to dissipate some of the authoritarianism that groups are prone to lapse into, from time to time (again, Peat's words).

And I'm giving you a well-deserved reputation point, because I really do appreciate and want to thank you for your clearly well-intended candor. No one despises an internet fraud more than I, except possibly Peat!

[Edit: to address the substance of your point]
aquaman said:
Like this quote above, what is it based on? Whose experience(s) outside yourself, with what background, over what timeframe? The claim is so extreme, I don't understand how you can possibly say this with a straight face.
A little about me. I am a bio-hacker (apologies to G who has asked me (I believe partly in jest?) never to use this word combination again). I try to conduct self-experimentation that is repeatable and open source, so that anyone else could read the experiment and repeat it, or not, depending on individual circumstances.

[rant begins]
In my quasi-political view, this is one way to reform the corrupt patrinomy of science, to empower each person to be his or her own physician and expert.
[rant over]

In this way, even a few of us, like-minded and collaborating together, may create together an open source body of knowledge that cannot be corrupted by self-interested experts making claims for their own gain at the expense of their unsuspecting clients.

Some in this forum have put this I think far better than I can, recently sueq, in a post a few above this one.

aquaman

visionofstrength said:
I look at it as a simple rephrasing of Peat's writings, nothing more.

This disturbs me even more then.

The only way to legitimately write your comments I quoted would be to have it happen to you, and to see it applied in the same way by others and have the same result (ie consciousness "regenerated", feel "reborn", "Like a child" again, and eat what you need when you want).

If it's just you re-writing your interpretation of Peat's words, then you definitely shouldn't be writing things like this, as really there is no evidence for it from your point of view. Only if you've worked with clients over an extended period and seen these results replicate themselves can you make those type of exceptianlly bold statements.

What does "consciousness regenerated" even mean? Or to feel "reborn"?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals