The treatment of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth with enteric-coated peppermint oil: a case report

Mauritio

Can somebody recommend a good quality product in Europe?

Birdie

I've been using Nature's Way enteric coated. It gets to the intestine where I need it. US though. And lately, the packaging changed. And you might guess, the ingredients now contain soybean oil, ethyl cellulose, sodium alginate, medium chain triglycerides, etc.

I used to use these to help with IBS, but they have not helped recently. As I said, I want only the enteric coated. If anybody knows of a better one let me know. For now I am quitting it.

Birdie

By the way for anyone intending to use peppermint on a toothbrush...one day I was in a hurry and wanted to freshen up my mouth before going out the door. I grabbed a toothbrush and skipped the baking soda and went right for water on the bristles then 2drops of oil. But then I was distracted and set the toothbrush on the sink edge. When I returned, the bristles were melted in a small oily puddle. Salient point: don't get any on ya where it might hurt. If you want to use it for somethjng like a foot massage, dilute it greatly with whatever you like on your skin. Coconut oil? You bet. Drops in your shampoo for scalp, drops in a cup of tea, lemonade...
This is a good warning. But, also, even peppermint tea will relax the esophagus. But your experience makes me wonder about contact with the intestines once the enteric coat wears off.... Wonder if Ray has commented on peppermint.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
. But your experience makes me wonder about contact with the intestines once the enteric coat wears off..
Maybe dilute it a bit with coconut oil or mct oil. I think that is what I am going to do.

Nemo

Ordered thank you.
I contacted Young Living and they do not have an Amazon store. The ones on Amazon are counterfeit and no good.

Yeh I saw that. Got me some good stuff on the way and I have some coated capsules here I can put the drops in.

Where do you get the coated capsules, Charlie?

Sumbody

This is very interesting to me.

Of all the things I have tried to eliminate chronic bloating and belching, I have yet to try peppermint oil specifically.

I have some 00 enteric capsules already so I am going to order some of the oil from Young Living.

What would you recommend in terms of the number of drops per capsule? Just a few? Or fill the capsule up? Dilute with an MCT?

I would be concerned about the oil causing some sort of damage to the intestinal lining if it is able to dissolve nylon bristles. But perhaps not.

Sumbody

Btw, I've tried three different PC browsers and two different smartphones to place an order from the Young Living site. No luck.

What a real piece of work that site is!

I'll just have to try and call them to place an order.

akgrrrl

This is very interesting to me.

Of all the things I have tried to eliminate chronic bloating and belching, I have yet to try peppermint oil specifically.

I have some 00 enteric capsules already so I am going to order some of the oil from Young Living.

What would you recommend in terms of the number of drops per capsule? Just a few? Or fill the capsule up? Dilute with an MCT?

I would be concerned about the oil causing some sort of damage to the intestinal lining if it is able to dissolve nylon bristles. But perhaps not.
You are completely correct. Do not fill a cap. Research for the dosages recommended for whatever your intent. Take into consideration the limitations of vendors to suggest any dosage for any alleged cure. Absorption of distilled botanicals topically can be very powerful. Your instinct will lead you on this. Try this: get a small dab of coconut oil (or other) in a small area of one palm. Put just a drop of oil there, cover with the other palm and rub in a small circle. Dont get any on your fingertips! Open your palms when your hands are at your face INHALE DEEPLY WOW.

akgrrrl

Yes above on this thread we talked that there has been installation of new program yesterday and today at young living

Sumbody

You are completely correct. Do not fill a cap. Research for the dosages recommended for whatever your intent. Take into consideration the limitations of vendors to suggest any dosage for any alleged cure. Absorption of distilled botanicals topically can be very powerful. Your instinct will lead you on this. Try this: get a small dab of coconut oil (or other) in a small area of one palm. Put just a drop of oil there, cover with the other palm and rub in a small circle. Dont get any on your fingertips! Open your palms when your hands are at your face INHALE DEEPLY WOW.
In reference to oral ingestion, from what I have gathered online with just a quick search states something like...

"Adults: 0.2 to 0.4 mL of oil three times daily in enteric-coated capsules"

Sumbody

Just a word of caution to others.

So as it turns out Young Living charged me three times for my one order.

Over $120, for the single bottle that I had ordered over the phone and was very clear that I only wanted to purchase one bottle.

Young Living has an absolutely terrible track record and history which can easily be found.

I was reminded of this by my girlfriend recently after we had previously watched a documentary about this company and others like it.

Something gave me a funny feeling to check and sure enough this is what they did. I wouldn't be surprised if these charges would continue to happen on a monthly basis.

So now I must try to call them and dispute these charges. I will never order from them again, period. In fact I will be returning the product I did receive if they will accept it.

Your experience with the company may differ, but this is mine and I am making sure to warn others so that it does not happen to them as well.

akgrrrl

Over $120, for the single bottle that I had ordered over the phone and was very clear that I only wanted to purchase one bottle.

Young Living has an absolutely terrible track record and history which can easily be found.

I was reminded of this by my girlfriend recently after we had previously watched a documentary about this company and others like it.

Something gave me a funny feeling to check and sure enough this is what they did. I wouldn't be surprised if these charges would continue to happen on a monthly basis.

So now I must try to call them and dispute these charges. I will never order from them again, period. In fact I will be returning the product I did receive if they will accept it.

Your experience with the company may differ, but this is mine and I am making sure to warn others so that it does not happen to them as well.
We were warned during the time you ordered that an entirely new platform is trying to get installed. I also got a botched order, its not functional yet even today! This is a company that has been consistently attacked for 20 years. I had no problem ever in 10 years of ordering and asking for different delivery addresses in 9 different states as I traveled. People have to remember the attacks on any business whose very essence threatens to undermine the messages or profits of BigPharma. If you are aware of the issues and the stakes but are so easily derailed, so be it.

Birdie

I hope they will be happy to fix the problem. If not, I would alert the credit card company. I've had to do that a couple of times in my life and they took care of it.

cjm

I also got a botched order, its not functional yet even today!

Little bummed I wasn't able to place my order. Only tried twice but it was a rough go each time. Very frustrating. I feel bad for YL!

If anyone has had success placing an order on the Young Living website, please and kindly update the forum!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If anyone has had success placing an order on the Young Living website, please and kindly update the forum!
I ordered peppermint and clove and got it with no issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals