This soup is rockin' my temps

barefooter

My temperature almost never gets above 98, even if I drink red bull or eat massive amounts of carbs. It usually hovers around 97.4-97.7. I made a beef, potato, vegetable soup that I've been eating the past two days, and twice now I've observed my temp rise to 98.4 within 15 minutes of finishing a bowl in the evening. I feel really nice right now :). It's more veggie than many on here may like, but I can't argue with how it's working for me, and everything in it is cooked very well. If you wanted less fiber you could always pull out the veggies after cooking and just have the minerals in the broth.

Here's what's in it.

oxtail
beef shank
potato (lots, peeled, very well cooked prob 1 hr plus boiling)
carrot
onion
celery
thyme
parsley
salt
honey
butter
water

Damn, sounds tasty, do you just throw the meat in raw?

OP
B

barefooter

Such_Saturation said:
Damn, sounds tasty, do you just throw the meat in raw?

Yeah, and I usually let the meat simmer for around 3 hours or until tender.

A

Anonymous

Lol it's soup its hot, of course it's gonna raise your temps, but that doesn't mean it's raising metabolism. Let me guess, ice cold water makes your temps go down? A hot shower raises your temps?

JRMoney15 said:
Lol it's soup its hot, of course it's gonna raise your temps, but that doesn't mean it's raising metabolism. Let me guess, ice cold water makes your temps go down? A hot shower raises your temps?

Yes it might, it is creating the conditions for metabolism. Put some paper in an oven, it will magically catch on fire.

OP
B

barefooter

JRMoney15 said:

Okay, now I feel a little silly, and have to admit that I think you're right. I rarely eat super hot food, so I guess the reaction caught me off guard, and since it's a new soup for me, I was hoping the combo was heating me up.
It's easy to get excited when you're desperate for something to work. I still do think it's a nice healthy soup, but not magic.

I had oatmeal for breakfast, and I made it super hot, same effect. I had very hot tea, same temp increase. Which makes me wonder if eating all my cooked food as hot as I can stand would be beneficial. I know Peat has mentioned that it's beneficial to wear warm clothes to keep the body temperature up. I already do this, but I'm now wondering if I should be regularly sipping on a warm beverage throughout the day to force my temp up. Maybe just hot water with salt and honey/sugar once per hour or something. Anyone ever try this?

barefooter said:
just hot water with salt and honey/sugar

Yeah I used to do this. It's not stupid nor magic if you are acting in the context of what Ray Peat said. Because he has talked about this many times.

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
barefooter said:
just hot water with salt and honey/sugar

Yeah I used to do this. It's not stupid nor magic if you are acting in the context of what Ray Peat said. Because he has talked about this many times.

Similarly, he has noted that wearing a heavy cap or socks
can be surprisingly effective.
It's a little more complex than just sheerly raising peripheral heat maybe.
Peat discussed some kind of feedback loops or something...

narouz

barefooter said:
JRMoney15 said:

Okay, now I feel a little silly, and have to admit that I think you're right. I rarely eat super hot food, so I guess the reaction caught me off guard, and since it's a new soup for me, I was hoping the combo was heating me up.
It's easy to get excited when you're desperate for something to work. I still do think it's a nice healthy soup, but not magic.

I had oatmeal for breakfast, and I made it super hot, same effect. I had very hot tea, same temp increase. Which makes me wonder if eating all my cooked food as hot as I can stand would be beneficial. I know Peat has mentioned that it's beneficial to wear warm clothes to keep the body temperature up. I already do this, but I'm now wondering if I should be regularly sipping on a warm beverage throughout the day to force my temp up. Maybe just hot water with salt and honey/sugar once per hour or something. Anyone ever try this?

Yeah, sure there's the simple hot food = warmed body effect.
But I do think you've described a very effective Peat pro-metabolic food
which raises metabolism in more complex ways.

Bruv

Such_Saturation said:
Put some paper in an oven, it will magically catch on fire.
I tried that but found it only works when the oven is hot. ;)

Bruv said:
Such_Saturation said:
Put some paper in an oven, it will magically catch on fire.
I tried that but found it only works when the oven is hot. ;)

But it's not magically in that case.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom