?TUDCA: The Holy Grail For Liver Health?

The big bonus of TUDCA over bear bile is that TUDCA is only water soluble while regular bile salts are both water soluble and fat soluble...bile acids can back up in the liver (due to being fat soluble) and destroy membranes in the liver, while TUDCA does not.
I just started back on TUDCA to compare it to bile salts. Question to anyone who knows: Does it make you hot? Warm you up?

golder

I just started back on TUDCA to compare it to bile salts. Question to anyone who knows: Does it make you hot? Warm you up?
Interested to hear the answer to this as I took 250mg this morning before food and got quite a facial flush

Interested to hear the answer to this as I took 250mg this morning before food and got quite a facial flush
Really? I felt warmer too when I took it. I wonder if it raises your temperature or metabolism.

I found this:
”TUDCA was shown to increase conversion of T4 thyroid hormones to T3, which can boost your metabolism and shift your body’s primary fuel source from glucose to fat oxidation. [3]”

That’s probably why you felt flushed and I felt hot. So it’s raising the metabolism. Not a bad thing ;)

Korven

4 pints? Isn’t that a lot or water? Is this like sipping on water or drinking big gulps of it?

I don’t know how much a pint is. 750 ml?

1 pint is 473 ml so it's not that much if you spread it out throughout the day! And I usually make tea and sip on it over 15-20 minutes. I also find that it helps keep me hydrated.

Ismail

I *think I’ve read that bile salts are necessary for the thyroid supportive supplements to work, so I would surmise that TUDCA would be helpful as well, but I’d to hear other’s opinions on this.
Thank you ?

Would betaine come “under” the bile salts bracket too?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals