Vitamin A and T3 for testosterone - dosage

Peater

From the PeatBot.

Based on the context provided, Ray Peat has discussed Vitamin A in relation to its effects on acne and ingrown whiskers, as well as its potential toxicity at extremely high doses. Here is an overview of his views on Vitamin A as mentioned in the email exchanges:

1. **Personal Experience with Vitamin A**: Ray Peat mentioned that he himself had to take 100,000 IU of Vitamin A daily for several years to prevent acne and ingrown whiskers. This suggests that he has personal experience with high-dose Vitamin A supplementation and its effects on skin health.

2. **Toxicity Concerns**: Peat noted that the toxic effects of Vitamin A at very high doses (such as 500,000 to a million IU) could be due to oxidative processes, which can be prevented by adequate Vitamin E, or due to antithyroid effects. This indicates that he is aware of the potential risks associated with excessive Vitamin A intake and suggests a protective role for Vitamin E.

3. **Thyroid Function and Vitamin A Requirement**: He observed that when his need for Vitamin A began to decrease, he tended to accumulate carotene in his calluses, which he associated with lower thyroid function reducing the need for Vitamin A. This implies a relationship between thyroid activity and Vitamin A metabolism.

4. **Diet and Vitamin A**: In the context of the inquiry about acne, Peat mentioned that the individual was consuming foods rich in carotene and suggested that the saturation of tissues with Vitamin A could be indicated by the coloration of calluses on palms or soles.

5. **Vitamin E and Vitamin A**: Peat recommended about 100 IU of Vitamin E to help prevent the oxidation of Vitamin A, which could potentially reduce the requirement for Vitamin A.

6. **Vitamin A Deficiency and Estrogen**: In the references listed in Post 154, there is a mention of the relation between vitamin A deficiency and estrogen with the induction of keratinizing metaplasia, indicating that Peat has considered the interactions between Vitamin A and hormones in his work.

From the context provided, it is clear that Ray Peat has a nuanced view of Vitamin A, recognizing both its therapeutic potential at high doses for certain conditions like acne and its potential toxicity. He also connects Vitamin A metabolism with thyroid function and suggests the use of Vitamin E to mitigate the risks associated with high doses of Vitamin A. However, the context does not provide a comprehensive overview of all of Peat's writings on Vitamin A, so there may be additional insights and details in his other works not captured here.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been aware of Grant’s ideas and work for about 5.5 years now. I was very strict with eating very low amounts (close to zero) for 1.5 years and when covid hit due to work circumstances I loosened up a bit but was still pretty low. I have basically stuck with this pattern of being predominantly in the 20-40% RDI since early 2020. I’ve had days where I have had more with no noticeable issues. Here are my recent vitamin A labs fwiw. I’m nowhere approaching deficiency range after all this time and I feel really good. I’m just going with what works for me personally to feel and function my best tbh. I can’t eat Grant or Garrett’s diet perfectly so I’ve experimented quite a bit to find what works for me. Peat valued knowledge from personal experience and also not basing our diet on what experts recommend. Long story short is I’m doing quite well paying no attention to getting vitamin a and also haven’t supplemented it or used it in skincare since July of 2018. Note my level has increased since 2020.
BEC42C99-942A-46BC-B8DD-50C3810A365B.jpeg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hi,
Can you please change the name of the forum, this is clearly disrespect to Peat and all of his works.
Perhaps the forum needs a change of admin.
And also a change of moderator, no offence @Blossom
Ray Peat cultists will be banned on sight since you do not understand the true spirit of Peat and directly disrespect him. Here is a reminder of that spirit if you need one:
perceive-think-act.png

Ray Peat cultists will be banned on sight since you do not understand the true spirit of Peat and directly disrespect him. Here is a reminder of that spirit if you need one:
View attachment 59704
Since my fellow friends Răzvan and Greekdemigod got banned i can officially name Charlie as the Dictator of the forum. Very nice behaviour mister authority, we can see that all of that starch and muscle meat got to your head. Nobody can express his opinion anymore. You are religious but you are very far from God.
Get off those authoritarian reuptake pills please

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Since my fellow friends Răzvan and Greekdemigod got banned i can officially name Charlie as the Dictator of the forum. Very nice behaviour mister authority, we can see that all of that starch and muscle meat got to your head. Nobody can express his opinion anymore. You are religious but you are very far from God.
Get off those authoritarian reuptake pills please
Disrespect will not be tolerated. If you do not agree with the info then respectfully state your point, or move on. This is the "Perceive, think, act" forum in the spirit of Peat and that is what we will do here. What is ironic is your buddies were literally being authoritarians because someone did not agree with their god. Sad.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
One thing I am noticing about this movement is you literally have so much energy, and stamina, and so much get up and go. That you literally push yourself so hard because this is something you were never able to tap into before. My life is thriving and incredibly busy and yes I do look tired because I can push myself so hard now its incredible. My family is astonished at all I get done, and all the endeavors I am running now. They see what I do and hunger for it and want it for themselves and are doing it. When you feel this good, and have so much motivation for me its impossible to just sit and and relax. There is work to be done and it gets done. So I push myself to the limits now and what can be achieved when you are not toxic is truly astounding.

revenant

Their posts were not disrespectful at all. GreekDemiGod had more than 3000 posts on this forum, which means he was probably contributing something useful, and now I can't use the search function to see their posts anymore.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Their posts were not disrespectful at all. GreekDemiGod had more than 3000 posts on this forum, which means he was probably contributing something useful, and now I can't use the search function to see their posts anymore.
Its not permanent but backseat moderating is not tolerated at all. If you want to talk it out send a PM.

Peater

One thing I am noticing about this movement is you literally have so much energy, and stamina, and so much get up and go. That you literally push yourself so hard because this is something you were never able to tap into before. My life is thriving and incredibly busy and yes I do look tired because I can push myself so hard now its incredible. My family is astonished at all I get done, and all the endeavors I am running now. They see what I do and hunger for it and want it for themselves and are doing it. When you feel this good, and have so much motivation for me its impossible to just sit and and relax. There is work to be done and it gets done. So I push myself to the limits now and what can be achieved when you are not toxic is truly astounding.

Charlie, this sounds very similar to what the low carb crowd say. (Before they burn out). This comes from a place of concern, not criticism. :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Charlie, this sounds very similar to what the low carb crowd say. (Before they burn out). This comes from a place of concern, not criticism. :)
This is not low carb, I have done low carb. This is from a place of life, full of so much life and motivation that you want to achieve everything you can and fulfill your purpose. People noticing that you literally glow now with life. People around you asking what is it that you are doing, I want that to. The girl that cuts my hair today is moving her and her husband to this way because she has seen the incredible transformation. Every single aspect of health and my life are improving because I am not being poisoned and the toxins are literally oozing out every pore and liquid in my body to get out as fast as it can. This is truly an incredible experience to behold and its hard to grasp unless you see it for yourself.

What you describe sounds like serotonin driven work that makes you a better slave. That explains your past actions with my fellow friends.
You say you can't relax, how can it be good?
Everybody who runs after money/work are always the stressed ones. If you look tired you are tired but you run on your last fuel. At some point you will break.
Not saying this to judge you , but your symptoms gives me a well rounded opinion. I experienced it and it's good to get things done but it's excitotoxic.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What you describe sounds like serotonin driven work that makes you a better slave. That explains your past actions with my fellow friends.
You say you can't relax, how can it be good?
Everybody who runs after money/work are always the stressed ones. If you look tired you are tired but you run on your last fuel. At some point you will break.
Not saying this to judge you , but your symptoms gives me a well rounded opinion. I experienced it and it's good to get things done but it's excitotoxic.
I choose not to relax, work on your reading comprehension. I can relax all I want and when I want and am in a state of euphoria a lot of time because I am not toxic like I use to be. You are completely twisting things to your perception and your judgements are way off base. Most of my work is helping people, providing for them, taking care of my Kingdom. Its sad you paint a picture that is not even close to reality.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If your work is a passion for the betterment of your family, yourself and the world in general though it’s a good thing to have the energy needed to accomplish things. I just spent the last 15 months doing very hard things to help my husband through his training that I couldn’t have done 6 years ago. Sometimes in life we need to do hard things and it’s a great gift to be able to do so when necessary. It’s something many people have sadly lost. Peat spent his life selflessly giving to others. I always found his example inspiring and I feel on track to be able to do the same with my remaining days. Without Peat’s inspiration, this forum and the confidence and willingness to self experiment I couldn’t have gotten to where I am now which is much better at 54 than when I joined here at 44. Never give up.

revenant

There's some interesting studies quoted in this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMF56gzc-UI

But I'm not sure about his logic sometimes. He says that all retinol in humans and animals comes from carotenes, and since carotenes are apparently not needed, it follows that retinol cannot be needed either. But I don't think that follows. Why does that conversion pathway exist in humans if vitamin A is not needed? Is the body trying to poison itself?

Also, if it is indeed true that inducing any actual symptoms of a vitamin A deficiency is difficult or impossible, does it follow that vitamin A is not needed? Or is the reason that some amount of vitamin A is so crucial that the body holds onto it by whatever means?

I choose not to relax, work on your reading comprehension. I can relax all I want and when I want and am in a state of euphoria a lot of time because I am not toxic like I use to be. You are completely twisting things to your perception and your judgements are way off base. Most of my work is helping people, providing for them, taking care of my Kingdom. Its sad you paint a picture that is not even close to reality.
I understand your point perfectly.
I know that you can't relax.
But look at it differently for a second
You said that you want to push yourself to your limits, and do as much as you can, it's addictive
This happens when you are hungry, you are so stressed that you get hyperactive to find food
Your case applies the same
That huge motivation and need to thrive is driven by stress because your body wants to escape it
If you would be well fed, healthy, happy with yourself. First you would look healthy and second you would stay relaxed watching nature and socializing without going after any materialistic goals.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why would a toxin be needed for steroid production (according to Peat)? I mean, that is such an embarassing mistake on his part, it would potentially make me question everything he's ever said.
If it is needed, it is such a small amount that most people probably have enough "vitamin A" stored in them for 100 lifetimes. Look at the info presented, when liver biopsies were done many of those people were toxic. There is a reason why many Peatarians end up with teeth that are crumbling and falling apart, Peat himself did not have many teeth left and it looks like he was losing facial structure in his last pictures. There is a reason that dermatitis is a big problem round these parts, and cherry angioma's, and people getting diabetes, its the "vitamin A". That is why many people over the years who did a strict Peat diet would have so many issues, and then when they relaxed the diet they felt better. Its the "vitamin A". Many people ending up with Parkinsons like symptoms, neurological problems, and on and on. The Peat diet is a very toxic diet. There is a reason why so many ex Peatarians are in the low A groups now digging their way out of toxicity, and many are afraid to speak up cause of the backlash self evident in this thread.
This happens when you are hungry, you are so stressed that you get hyperactive to find food
Your case applies the same
That huge motivation and need to thrive is driven by stress because your body wants to escape it
If you would be well fed, healthy, happy with yourself. First you would look healthy and second you would stay relaxed watching nature and socializing without going after any materialistic goals.
I feast like a king. I eat so much food and have lost over 40 pounds without even trying. I choose not to be a lazy sloth and take good care of my people in my Kingdom. If anything you sound like the perfect slave, carry on. :)

I feast like a king. I eat so much food and have lost over 40 pounds without even trying. I choose not to be a lazy sloth and take good care of my people in my Kingdom. If anything you sound like the perfect slave, carry on. :)
I see you got offended
It's ok, it happens
Now try and think about it
I suggest you to read again my previous message
You missed the whole point

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals