Vitamin A and T3 for testosterone - dosage

P

Peatress

The Polar Bear deaths was only one example. Many more from children eating chicken livers and so on. Dr Peat also stated when he would supplement Vitamin A he would get a migraine. He blames in on the added ingredients. Dr. Peat also stated he got a large Cherry angioma on his abdomen. Dr Peat also Lost most of his teeth. Which he blames on wheat germ. Recently before his Passing, he was blaming his choking and coughing on allergy to bacon additives. So he seems to give alot of Anecdotal stuff, plus a bunch of mice studies. My point is Ray could be wrong sometimes. I loved Dr Peat however. We had several conversations over the years. I will always think about him and pretty much obsessed still with him. Although He really did downplay the whole Vitamin A thing IMO.
Many people including myself have seen so many positive changes when eating low Vitamin A. It is so obvious its not even funny. For blossom to reduce her total cholesterol 100 points is more than remarkable. For people to see eczema go away is nothing short of a miracle.
You say Dr. Peat did not consider vitamin A toxicity. On the contrary, he was sent a book on the topic. This is what he had to say about it

“So you just don't produce steroid hormones for example without vitamin A and it's used in protein synthesis making hair and skin and so on will fail if you're deficient in vitamin A. Mucus membranes thicken and stop producing mucus with the vitamin A deficiency and someone sent me these books by a recent author claiming that there is vitamin A toxicity rampant and I looked through it and couldn't find any facts at all.” Ray Peat

He has emphasised that the requirement for Vitamin A is diminished in hypothyroidism. So, I don’t understand when people feel mislead by him.

"A low thyroid person can get symptoms of Vitamin A poisoning from just a very small amount like 5000 units.” Ray Peat

I’m concerned that everything is being put down to vitamin A toxicity when there are a myriad of other things going on. I cannot deny people’s improvement and if they attribute that to vitamin A avoidance so be it.

Dr. Peat died free of disease. If he had a vitamin A toxicity it would have shown up in the autopsy.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If he had a vitamin A toxicity it would have shown up in the autopsy.
Where is the proof that they did a liver biopsy to test for "vitamin A" toxicity?
How did you get copper toxic in the first place? Insufficient zinc intake alongside high daily copper intake? Is that even possible without other external poisoning?
"Vitamin A" toxicity leads to other toxicities including copper. Once the liver becomes burdened with poison "vitamin A" then all bets are off and the accumulation begins.
Maybe you were cooking out of copper pans or something else that was contributing?
Never used copper pans.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dr Peat also stated when he would supplement Vitamin A he would get a migraine. He blames in on the added ingredients. Dr. Peat also stated he got a large Cherry angioma on his abdomen. Dr Peat also Lost most of his teeth. Which he blames on wheat germ. Recently before his Passing, he was blaming his choking and coughing on allergy to bacon additives.
Its clear as day for those with eyes to see.

P

Peatress

Where is the proof that they did a liver biopsy to test for "vitamin A" toxicity?
Someone posted on the forum that his organs were is a good state at death. Considering his age if he had a vitamin A toxicity his liver would have been damaged.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Someone posted on the forum that his organs were is a good state at death. Considering his age if he had a vitamin A toxicity his liver would have been damaged.
"Someone" on the Ray Peat Forum is purely speculating without a liver biopsy.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Saying he died of a vitamin A toxicity is also speculation without a biopsy.
What else melted his teeth and also the jaw line? Do tell....

When my teeth were literally melting and crumbling I was highly "vitamin A" toxic. Now, that the "vitamin A" toxic load is lowering in my body my teeth are remineralizing and becoming much harder. Why did the Mexicans back in the day that Ray noticed have really hard teeth and he was trying to figure out why? Because the basic old time basic Mexican diet is very low vitamin A. Many many people have reported their teeth literally crumbling on the Ray Peat diet.

View: https://twitter.com/CountXuchitl/status/1742048981729808579

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why does the people who's teeth literally start melting on the Ray Peat diet see their teeth literally melt right at the gum line? It's from retinoic acid aka toxic "vitamin A" seeping through the gums and melting the teeth from the gum line and up. Why do people who lose their teeth this way their jaw bone continues melting? It's from the retinoic acid, poison "vitamin A".

When you know you know.

tallglass13

You say Dr. Peat did not consider vitamin A toxicity. On the contrary, he was sent a book on the topic. This is what he had to say about it

“So you just don't produce steroid hormones for example without vitamin A and it's used in protein synthesis making hair and skin and so on will fail if you're deficient in vitamin A. Mucus membranes thicken and stop producing mucus with the vitamin A deficiency and someone sent me these books by a recent author claiming that there is vitamin A toxicity rampant and I looked through it and couldn't find any facts at all.” Ray Peat

He has emphasised that the requirement for Vitamin A is diminished in hypothyroidism. So, I don’t understand when people feel mislead by him.

"A low thyroid person can get symptoms of Vitamin A poisoning from just a very small amount like 5000 units.” Ray Peat

I’m concerned that everything is being put down to vitamin A toxicity when there are a myriad of other things going on. I cannot deny people’s improvement and if they attribute that to vitamin A avoidance so be it.

Dr. Peat died free of disease. If he had a vitamin A toxicity it would have shown up in the autopsy.
Firstly, I said he downplayed the topic, not that he did not consider it. So , Really, no one has ever tried to give themselves a VA deficiency until Grant. Pretty much everything your saying has only been put into practice over the last 10 years with Grant's work. We have many years of VA storage in the liver, only to be proven by forum members doing a low VA diet, then their blood levels rise. Only possible with high liver stores. Ray ate so much VA, but yet had to still rely on lots of thyroid drugs. And yes, I used to believe whatever Ray said. But in practice, Grant has a 0.1 VA level, and still manages to grow strong Teeth, strong hair, normal thyroid levels and so on. According to Ray, Grant should not be able to make hormones or thrive like he has. Actually, it was me, my conversation with Grant, to do blood levels of his hormones. So we can test out this theory. And to see if Ray is right on, or not.
Even PTH and calcium levels do not match up to what Ray was stating. Many people did levels of PTH on a low calcium diet, only to show low normal PTH. Many people gained fat and weight on the foods Ray liked to eat. How can people gain fat on a so called "metabolic foods".
I recall listening to may radio shows with Ray, with callers complaining about the problems that were accruing while eating the foods that Ray liked to eat and recommend.

Ray's family did an Autopsy?? I am not aware of this. If so, what kind of stroke did he have, Hemorrhagic or Ischemia? Aspirin can cause strokes, both Hemorrhagic and ischemic. Aspirin blocks Prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are responsible to Dilate arteries. Aspirin and Iburophen both block Prostaglandins causing vasoconstriction. Yes aspirin thins the blood, but causes Collateral Vasoconstriction. In the ER we give 81mg only during heart attack, not 325mg. 81 mg is just enough to thin the blood to reduce clotting during heart attack. Any more that baby aspirin is Contraindicated. In the clinical trials with Ibuprophen, 24 deaths occurred from Strokes and Liver failure.
For stroke intervention, we give TPA, otherwise known as Prostacyclin. Prostacyclin is a Prostaglandin that keeps the blood flowing and eating up clots.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why do so many report dermatitis from the Ray Peat diet? Its the poison "vitamin A" aka retinoic acid literally melting the skin on the way out because the body is so overloaded with this toxin it is literally oozing out the body any way it can.

Why do so many report cherry angioma's on the Ray Peat diet? Poison "vitamin A".

Many of us have known something was terribly wrong with the Ray Peat diet and now we know why and are thriving because we can Perceive, Think, Act.

P

Peatress

Why do so many report dermatitis from the Ray Peat diet? Its the poison "vitamin A" aka retinoic acid literally melting the skin on the way out because the body is so overloaded with this toxin it is literally oozing out the body any way it can.

Why do so many report cherry angioma's on the Ray Peat diet? Poison "vitamin A".

Many of us have known something was terribly wrong with the Ray Peat diet and now we know why and are thriving because we can Perceive, Think, Act for ourselves.
Many people don't report those issues peating. I was high pufa and radiation damaged (and more) before I discovered Peat.

Pufa + radiation will create cherry angioma and if someone has more vitamin A than they are able to dispose of then it's possible that without vitamin E that can also happen. I think we underestimate the damage radiation can do.

Was there ever a ray peat diet?

I am pleased what you are doing is working for you but not everyone is in the same boat.

P

Peatress

Firstly, I said he downplayed the topic, not that he did not consider it. So , Really, no one has ever tried to give themselves a VA deficiency until Grant. Pretty much everything your saying has only been put into practice over the last 10 years with Grant's work. We have many years of VA storage in the liver, only to be proven by forum members doing a low VA diet, then their blood levels rise. Only possible with high liver stores. Ray ate so much VA, but yet had to still rely on lots of thyroid drugs. And yes, I used to believe whatever Ray said. But in practice, Grant has a 0.1 VA level, and still manages to grow strong Teeth, strong hair, normal thyroid levels and so on. According to Ray, Grant should not be able to make hormones or thrive like he has. Actually, it was me, my conversation with Grant, to do blood levels of his hormones. So we can test out this theory. And to see if Ray is right on, or not.
Even PTH and calcium levels do not match up to what Ray was stating. Many people did levels of PTH on a low calcium diet, only to show low normal PTH. Many people gained fat and weight on the foods Ray liked to eat. How can people gain fat on a so called "metabolic foods".
I recall listening to may radio shows with Ray, with callers complaining about the problems that were accruing while eating the foods that Ray liked to eat and recommend.

Ray's family did an Autopsy?? I am not aware of this. If so, what kind of stroke did he have, Hemorrhagic or Ischemia? Aspirin can cause strokes, both Hemorrhagic and ischemic. Aspirin blocks Prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are responsible to Dilate arteries. Aspirin and Iburophen both block Prostaglandins causing vasoconstriction. Yes aspirin thins the blood, but causes Collateral Vasoconstriction. In the ER we give 81mg only during heart attack, not 325mg. 81 mg is just enough to thin the blood to reduce clotting during heart attack. Any more that baby aspirin is Contraindicated. In the clinical trials with Ibuprophen, 24 deaths occurred from Strokes and Liver failure.
There was a thread on cause of death.

GreekDemiGod

How long to see results on the low VA diet?
If VA is a toxin, shouldn’t everyone who does the low VA diet experience benefits? Last time I checked on Gemereux’s website, enough people were still struggling after months/ years.

Dermatitis causes can be multi factorial, from my experience. I used to have it, it was mostly triggered by starch/ gluten, and/ or low Zinc. And poor digestion.

Dental health.. It got worse for me in the last years. I’ve had to have several procedures done. I experienced demineralisation, no idea why. I put it down to my poor digestion, and snacking on sweets foods making the teeth acidic.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How long to see results on the low VA diet?
From my personal results and watching the groups, energy is one of the first things to return and fairly quickly.
Many people don't report those issues peating.
I disagree. Look at what this person was supplementing, "vitamin A". And "vitamin A" slowed it down for me due to the duration paradox, only to overwhelm me later with the poison.

Peater

Seems like moderate drinking and copious amounts of incandescent red light is the fastest way to deplete Vit A and try it out.

Or megadose D3. ;) [/sarc]

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Seems like moderate drinking and copious amounts of incandescent red light is the fastest way to deplete Vit A and try it out.
It was speculated that drinking is a faster way to get it out, however, all it does is put the "vitamin A" back into the tissues. The safest place for it is in the liver until it can be excreted through the bile.

Peater

It was speculated that drinking is a faster way to get it out, however, all it does is put the "vitamin A" back into the tissues. The safest place for it is in the liver until it can be excreted through the bile.

So anything that stimulates bile like taurine, TUDCA, bitters?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So anything that stimulates bile like taurine, TUDCA, bitters?
TUDCA and bitters are frowned upon. Soluble fiber is the best but if one is cholestatic they need to be careful until the bile ducts heal.

tallglass13

@charlie
Yes I agree with the energy thing. When I low VA, I have noticeably more energy and ready to move more. My thinking is lighting fast and I feel more alive. My eczema dries up with not itching within days. My vision is more clear. I can go out in the sun or tanning bed without any burning whatso ever.
Charlie is the the Ray Peat forum Administrator, and has noted the value of reducing the amount of VA, completely opposite of Ray Peat rec's. I doubt he made this change out of spite of Ray. He did it because firstly it makes sense, more importantly the obvious effects that are noted when testing a Low VA diet. If there were no effects to this or health was made worse, No one here would be talking about this subject, it would be a dead issue. Contrary, some are now making an entire living on low VA and cleaning the bile, healing the liver. Just google Liver Cirrhosis linked with VA toxicity.

Sumbody

@charlie
Yes I agree with the energy thing. When I low VA, I have noticeably more energy and ready to move more. My thinking is lighting fast and I feel more alive. My eczema dries up with not itching within days. My vision is more clear. I can go out in the sun or tanning bed without any burning whatso ever.
Charlie is the the Ray Peat forum Administrator, and has noted the value of reducing the amount of VA, completely opposite of Ray Peat rec's. I doubt he made this change out of spite of Ray. He did it because firstly it makes sense, more importantly the obvious effects that are noted when testing a Low VA diet. If there were no effects to this or health was made worse, No one here would be talking about this subject, it would be a dead issue. Contrary, some are now making an entire living on low VA and cleaning the bile, healing the liver. Just google Liver Cirrhosis linked with VA toxicity.
Yes, but vegans, ketos, fasters, carnivores, peaters, etc. all feel great at first until they don't.

And then they are on to the next fad diet that "works".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals