Vitamin B Complex Supplement - Best To Buy?

jaywills

Having read this thread: Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog, I am interested in getting a Vitamin B Complex/ B1 Supplement.

Do any of you know of any good ones?

I've taken a look on Amazon, and read a lot of posts here but its just left me more confused.

I'm based in the UK - currently looking at this. Despite the fillers, seems like a reasonable supplement.

Any responses would be appreciated, thanks

Best,

milkboi

I use Pure Encapsulations B Complex which has a pretty good formula and is cheap. I don‘t like the methylfolate in there tho. I would prefer Energin, but the delivery takes a bit longer than intra-national amazon prime, so I‘m sticking with the PE product for now.

johnwester130

Having read this thread: Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog, I am interested in getting a Vitamin B Complex/ B1 Supplement.

Do any of you know of any good ones?

I've taken a look on Amazon, and read a lot of posts here but its just left me more confused.

I'm based in the UK - currently looking at this. Despite the fillers, seems like a reasonable supplement.

Any responses would be appreciated, thanks

Best,

healthnatura complex

Frankdee20

I was using Pure Encapsulation's B Complex Plus (activated and standard versions of B2, b6, Folate, B12). It is a good product, and supplies 100 MG of Thiamine per capsule, but as a member just mentioned above, there is about 667 MCG of Folate and Folic Acid per capsule. I have switched to Douglas Labs B Complex with Intrinsic Factor. That supplies less Thiamine, but more P5P and less Folate. These products have no excipients to mention, and do not supply Choline.

OP
J

jaywills

Thanks for your suggestions all, much appreciated.
Pure Encapsulations looks to have quite number of negative reviews, which is a shame considering its availability.
Healthnatura complex is quite expensive and Douglas Labs B Complex looks hard to get in the UK.
This is harder than it originally appeared!

OP
J

jaywills

Been doing some more research. Any thoughts on the Garden of Life?
Not sure about the prebiotics but low excipient list looks good.

Frankdee20

What prompted you to seek out more Folate ? I know these larger amounts are used for treatment resistant depressions. They can be stimulating though.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What prompted you to seek out more Folate ? I know these larger amounts are used for treatment resistant depressions. They can be stimulating though.
Oh I didn’t want that much folate! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

BigChad

I settled on this one for the time being. I do feel more energy since starting it. It’s expensive and has more folate than I’d prefer.
Ancient Nutrients - Vitamin B Complex

@Frankdee20
There is the life extension mix capsules. A serving is 12 capsules, but just 1 cap still gives you 10mg b1, plus other Bs and only 40mcg methylfolate. The drawbacks are you would get small amounts of other nutrients you may not want. Like 40mcg chromium, 2.75mg zinc, random mix of fruit extracts. Extracts shouldn't be much. I don't want to go above 10mg b6 whether activated or not

BigChad

Thanks @BigChad .
I noticed you were referring to the Life Extension Two Per Day Capsules
Its also possible to get Life Extension, BioActive Complete B-Complex

Any thoughts on which is better?
Is the Niacin flush something to watch out for/is Niacin best avoided?

Life extension mix 360 capsules is the one. Its a multivitamin mix with a 12 capsule serving, but 1 capsule still provides lots of b vitamins. If you are looking for a low folate b vitamins mix and dont mind the extra nutrients it could work.

Niacin is okay, i wouldn't do high doses of niacin/niacinamide

Frankdee20

Life Extension often uses alot of excipients

baccheion

I like AOR Advanced B-Complex. On the other hand, it has excipients and may not be Peaty. There's also one by Naturelo.

Dave Clark

How about a B-complex from this company, for those of you that want a whole food organic supplement with no crap in it:
https://www.grownbynature.com/

I was considering getting their zinc/copper supplement since it is a form of bio-available copper, and zinc.

Pompadour

Epigenetics have some liquid vitamines B . They often list only vitamin and water . (Riboflavine and Pyridoxine with red labels)
Metabolics - has liquid B1 thiamin without additives.
But B-complex ...they are often with too much of b12 and with additives. Liquid b complex by Epigenetics has citric acid in it :(

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals