What would be best cost effective sugar sweetner alternative to maple syrup/honey?

FitnessMike

i use a lot of maple syrup and honey, and they are very pricey...

Any good organic sugars that would be cost effective?

Normal white sugar is safe?

LastingJoy

Hi, in my experience, it is better to find bee keeper that can provide you honey for like 10-15 dollars/kilo and to eat less of eat, honey is the best concentrated sugar source for certain if you find a good one that does not cause symptoms and is pure enough, and in most cases it is not optimal at all to eat much anyway, therefore it is better to not eat much daily, it will not cost much at a lower rate of consumption

Sapien

All of these lack the potassium and B vitamins of tropical fruits needed to best utilize the glucose.

B vitamins can be supplemented, but potassium I don’t think you can.

Search Ray/Georgi quotes on potassium for more info on its importance in insulin response

The only sweetner besides fruit juice containing potassium i am aware of is coconut sugar (well technically it is a fruit as well)

It has similar potassium/sugar ratio as oranges and other tropical fruits.

I am currently trying to make coconut sugar one of my main carb sources (due to lack of quality fresh squeezed juice, bottled OJ sometimes gives me digestive symptoms probably due to pulp enzymes etc (although aldi claims to not use them?…))

I buy “madhava” brand coconut sugar (from Walmart) 3 lb for $10, super cheap!

As far as honey/maple syrup vs sugar, they are essentially the same thing (circa 50/50 glucose/fructose, little to no vitamins/minerals) aside from the flavor. I personally go with the cheap 25 Lb bag of white sugar between those choices. White sugar will actually contain less pesticide residue than honey since it is refined after. I can’t help but imagine bees pollinating round up sprayed plants all day!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals