*Why* do they want us to eat bugs?

Sounds quite good!
I rely quite a bit on wild caught shellfish because of it's high quality nutritional profile and high protein content for very little fat, but I am not happy about the heavy metals and other possible contaminants. The cricket powder seems a good fill in, being they are raised in a clean environment. I wouldn't have considered it many years ago when our food supply was much cleaner and of higher quality, but preserving my health via food has now become a lot more strategic.

Unlike grains they have no anti-nutrients, and are pure high quality protein.

Cricket Flour Nutrition

In terms of nutrition, cricket powder is similar to whole crickets. One serving (10 grams) of cricket flour contains:

50 calories

6 grams protein

2.5 grams fat

Less than 1 gram carbohydrate (0 grams sugar)

25% RDA riboflavin

80% RDA vitamin B12

20% RDA biotin

15% RDA zinc

Generally, cricket powder is:

High in protein, with all 9 essential amino acids

High in B vitamins

A good source of fatty acids

Rich in minerals like copper, zinc, and manganese
If one was trying to get, say, 60 grams of protein from Jiminy crickets, that would be 25 grams of fat. Not a small amount, especially, since this fat is mostly PUFA( about 50%). Getting 12 grams of PUFA just for 60 grams of protein doesn't seem like a good trade- off. Maybe defatted cricket powder? That would damage the nutrients though, probably.

Missenger

One of the biggest reasons why they want westerners to eat bugs is that China is facing a famine and they need a good excuse to steal crop production of westerners for their own cows and pigs, hence the corona livestock slaughterhouse stuff the IceAge Farmer guy was mentioning. Having control over and being able to stop the pleb's food supply has always been one of the big goals of the merchant cartels.

Last edited:
If one was trying to get, say, 60 grams of protein from Jiminy crickets, that would be 25 grams of fat. Not a small amount, especially, since this fat is mostly PUFA( about 50%). Getting 12 grams of PUFA just for 60 grams of protein doesn't seem like a good trade- off. Maybe defatted cricket powder? That would damage the nutrients though, probably.
Oh please an egg has 6 grams of fat for 6 grams of protein with a lot of it PUFA. the "whole animal" makes up for that all by itself, unlike man made oils and such. The fat in cricket powder is half the amount of an egg with even more nutrients. Your not going to eat 60 grams of protein worth of eggs and nobody is suggesting 60 grams of protein worth of cricket powder either. That would actually be too much nutrition. A couple of tablespoons of cricket powder in a glass of water is A LOT of nutrition in less than a minute, with no cooking or cleaning necessary.

I'm just putting this out here, one of the biggest reasons why they want westerners to eat bugs is that China is facing a famine and they need a good excuse to steal crop production of westerners for their own cows and pigs, hence all the corona livestock slaughter bull**** they want to push. Being able to control the pleb's food supply has always been a big goal for them for thousands of years.
They can have the pirty pigs! I really don't care what "they" do. I will navigate myself accordingly.

If we stopped buying from China and support our own farmers then we wouldn't have all the National debt we have and be so scared of "them".

Oh please an egg has 6 grams of fat for 6 grams of protein with a lot of it PUFA. the "whole animal" makes up for that all by itself, unlike man made oils and such. The fat in cricket powder is half the amount of an egg with even more nutrients. Your not going to eat 60 grams of protein worth of eggs and nobody is suggesting 60 grams of protein worth of cricket powder either. That would actually be too much nutrition. A couple of tablespoons of cricket powder in a glass of water is A LOT of nutrition in less than a minute, with no cooking or cleaning necessary.
But people use meat as a source of protein, not just as a source of b- vitamins. You can easily eat 60 grams of protein from beef in one sittin( 250 grams of meat), but you can't do the same with crickets. What's the point of camparing them, if it's does not lead to something applicable in real life, at least not without side- effects? You even mentioned people who have lived on just bugs and honey, so it's not like I got the idea of replacing one with the other out of nowhere.

But people use meat as a source of protein, not just as a source of b- vitamins. You can easily eat 60 grams of protein from beef in one sittin( 250 grams of meat), but you can't do the same with crickets. What's the point of camparing them, if it's does not lead to something applicable in real life, at least not without side- effects? You even mentioned people who have lived on just bugs and honey, so it's not like I got the idea of replacing one with the other out of nowhere.
Ray Peat diesn't suggest eating 60 grams of PROTEIN FROM beef so what are you talking about?

Last edited:
What do you not get about getting huge amount of nutrition from a couple of tablespoons of cricket flour? It is a nature vitamin source.

Crickets are not high in phosphorus like beef, they don't putrify like beef, they aren't aging like beef and blah blah blah....

Nobody sits and gets ALL of their calories in a day from one source so this is just becoming a ridiculous arguement that somebody else can have....

Ray Peat diesn't suggest eating 60 grams of beef so what are you talking about?
"Ray didn't suggest me to blow my nose, so I won't."

I didn't say said anything about Ray suggesting us to eat 60 grams of protein. It was an example, simply because that's an easy amount to get from meat.

Ray does suggest, though, that humans need around 80 grams of protein of quality protein per day, and meat is mch better than anything other than milk and dairy, and he also says people should experiment to find out what works for them. For people to whom dairy and eggs don't work, beef is a fine choice. Do you not think he would prefer people to eat some beef instead of becoming protein deficient?

A bunch of hilarious points.
Crickets are not high in phosphorus like beef, they don't putrify like beef, they aren't aging like beef and blah blah blah....
The Ca: P ratio can be improved by simply increasing calcium intake, without lowering phosporus.

Every protein putrifies. Do some more reading on this site, instead of posting 50 times a day...

Nobody sits and gets ALL of their calories in a day from one source so this is just becoming a ridiculous arguement that somebody else can have....
Who was talking about calories?? I said protein, especifically, because that's a harder macronutrient to get. Most people who don't eat beans get most of their protein from dairy and meat. It's funny that you seem so authoritarian and manic, while constantly referencing Ray Peat. What an antithesis! This is a ridiculous argument indeed.

What do you not get about getting huge amount of nutrition from a couple of tablespoons of cricket flour? It is a nature vitamin source.
What do you not get about the meaninglessness of comparing crickets with beef wihtout taking into account that people use each for different purposes?

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
Funny that "THEY" are so smart and bad for plotting to kill us just enough, with the PUFA oils, to keep getting our tax money and who are the idiots happy to eat it everytime they go to a restaurant or fast food drive though? Hmmm maybe "THEY" are just trying to kill stupid people ?

I don't think the government is trying to push corn oil on as a "takeover" move ?

I don't think the government is trying to push corn oil on as a "takeover" move ?
Have you peeked at the T2D numbers in the USA lately? “takeover move” are your words, not mine.

Funny that "THEY" are so smart and bad for plotting to kill us just enough, with the PUFA oils, to keep getting our tax money and who are the idiots happy to eat it everytime they go to a restaurant or fast food drive though? Hmmm maybe "THEY" are just trying to kill stupid people ?

Have you peeked at the T2D numbers in the USA lately? “takeover move” are your words, not mine.
Listen I am not saying there isn't some scary stuff going on, but griping about bugs and corn oil is just sounding so petty in comparison.

Last edited:

CLASH

@Rinse & rePeat

Petty is the last thing I would call it.

With the intimate effects of food on physiology, and physiology as the determinant for behavior, mood, intellect, health etc., griping about the degradation of the food supply via insects and vegetable oils is reasonable.

Peat has been "griping" about corn oil and other PUFA oils for decades. As a reader of his work to attempt to trivialize the matter is disrecptpful to his body of work.

Furthermore, the rise of PUFA oils, among other problematic foods, and their strong associations with the increasing list of chronic diseases, and subsequent resource drain on society, makes them some of the least petty topics to gripe about.

For centuries ruling classes have controlled the masses by controlling their access to food. In my opinion this was done with the implied understanding of the supreme value of food in providing for the strength of the individual. Wether crickets or beef, the fact that the choice is being slowly taken away is a problem in and of itself, irrespective of the theoretical nutritional comparisons of beef and crickets.

An attack on our food supply is an attack on humanity itself.

Last edited:
T
@Rinse & rePeat

Petty is the last thing I would call it.

With the intimate effects of food on physiology, and physiology as the determinant for behavior, mood, intellect, health etc., griping about the degradation of the food supply via insects and vegetable oils is reasonable.

Peat has been "griping" about corn oil and other PUFA oils for decades. As a proclaimed reader of his work to attempt to trivialize the matter is disrecptpful to his body of work.

Furthermore, the rise of PUFA oils, among other problematic foods, and their strong associations with the increasing list of chronic diseases, and subsequent resource drain on society, makes them some of the least petty topics to gripe about.

For centuries ruling classes have controlled the masses by controlling their access to food. In my opinion this was done with the implied understanding of the supreme value of food in providing for the strength of the individual. Wether crickets or beef, the fact that the choice is being slowly taken away is a problem in and of itself, irrespective of the theoretical nutritional comparisons of beef and crickets.

An attack on our food supply is an attack on humanity itself.
The PUFA bad oil attack has been going on since the 80's! Just don't buy it! Spend your money buying half as much better stuff instead of twice as much ***t!

I'm sorry Clash, I can tell you are well intended. All of these arm chair warriors complaining about "them" after they got their drive-thru chicken nuggets & fries is maddening. Where you spend your money and who you vote for is your power or is you gave it away. Everybody who is looking for a deal buying cheaper aka China is the problem. Nobody puts a gun to a head in the drive-thru ordering all of those PUFA's. Don't blame the powers that BE, blame the people who feed the monster.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom