Why isnt everyone in this forum having hypophosphatemia? Why do I have it?

Bananom

I have Hypophosphatemia. (1.7 mg/dl)
I figured its due to high fructose intake, since I read that a high fructose intake can lead to a negative phosphate balance.
Now, I am not the only one in this forum drinking several liters of juice and other saccharose sources.
Anyone else had this problem? What do I do?
Taking calcium reduces PTH which should help, but calcium itself can negatively outbalance Phosphorus...

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
That’s an area I don’t agree with as I don’t metabolize sugar well. Never have. Maybe I need to balance out my system, but I’m currently starving bad cells, so I’m not even considering trying at this time.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Have you checked your PTH with that phosphorus lab? How about your vitamin D(25OH)? Your calcium?

Eating dairy instead of supplementing calcium will provide a lot of phosphorus that should be enough for good levels despite the absorption competition.

Coke and meats, eggs, all have plenty of phosphorus.

It os rare to see hypophosphatemia. When I worked in hospitals, I only saw it in malnourished patients and hypophosphatemic osteomalacia.

Summary. Recheck.

Jennifer

Anyone else had this problem? What do I do?

I did when I was on a low-protein, fruit-based diet. Increasing my protein intake via adding meat/shellfish to my diet brought my level back in range.

mostlylurking

I figured its due to high fructose intake, since I read that a high fructose intake can lead to a negative phosphate balance.
Now, I am not the only one in this forum drinking several liters of juice and other saccharose sources.
There apparently are others on this forum who guzzle liters of juice but Ray Peat never advocated that. His suggested ideal amount of sugar per day was 2 quarts of milk (lactose is a sugar) plus one quart of orange juice.

BearWithMe

There apparently are others on this forum who guzzle liters of juice but Ray Peat never advocated that. His suggested ideal amount of sugar per day was 2 quarts of milk (lactose is a sugar) plus one quart of orange juice.
Thank you

dukesbobby777

What's your calcium supplementation intake,.and what phosphorus foods are you eating? I thought it would be impossible to be lacking in phosphorus with RPs recommended foods because the animal foods are loaded with it. Maybe you are supplementing too much calcium. Shooting for 2,000mg per day is what RP recommended a few times. I'll have to keep an eye on this myself because I supplement calcium carbonate as well, as dairy doesn't make up a great deal of my diet. And I am quite liberal with fruit juices. Niacinamide can also lower phosphorus.

LadyRae

That’s an area I don’t agree with as I don’t metabolize sugar well. Never have. Maybe I need to balance out my system, but I’m currently starving bad cells, so I’m not even considering trying at this time.
Yeah I agree. I noticed I get real puffy and retain water if I overdo the fruit and I just don't drink juice anymore as it is just a bunch of sugary calories with no satiety...

Giraffe

@Bananom
A year ago you have mentioned severe digestive issues. Have you solved them?

In November last year you mentioned that you were taking a repurposed HIV drug (paxlovid) to treat long-covid. Shortly after you started to ask about anemia of unknown origin. Any possible connection?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals