Peata's Log For Weight Loss & Misc

tara

Last edited:
You probably know, you don't have to have all the symptoms to have it. The blood glucose & insulin problem is a feature of it though.

Thanks for your reply...I don't know very much about PCOS, but I do recall you telling me that a woman doesn't necessarily have to have cysts. I guess I need to learn about insulin resistance. I've never had my insulin tested, would that be more telling?

Found this in Peat's newsletter called Sugar Issues:

"The commonly recommended alternative to sugar in the diet is starch, but many studies show that it produces all of the effects that are commonly ascribed to sucrose and fructose, for example hyperglycemia (Villaume, et al., 1984) and increased weight gain."

I've read this newsletter like 15 times, but I never paid attention to this particular quote as I wasn't eating starch at the time. It didn't apply to me then, but now that I've been on a Massive Potato Bender I wonder if THIS has something to do with my higher blood glucose readings???

I cannot imagine going back to life with no potatoes:arghh: SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

You know, Costco stopped carrying their gallons of organic, pulp free, not from concentrate OJ. It's such a shame too, I really liked that stuff...so not only have I been on a Massive Potato Bender, but my intake of OJ has plummeted the last month due to this completely idiotic Costco policy.

I guess I'll do an OJ/Potato Blood Glucose Challenge....off to find some over-priced Uncle Matt's:(

800mRepeats

I've been following this with interest, Peata & TBP. Thank you for being so generous and open.

Just experienced my first piney fresh terp burp...

Heidi

Oh. Wow. Gulp.

Thank you for that information, Heidi. Is it possible they can look like a little string of cervical mucous? If you've ever seen that during your cycle. I would have sworn that's what it was, but I'm not to that place in my cycle yet this month. (and also it was in the stool, not on the toilet paper).

I may try some more drops of turpentine tomorrow or the next day.
I had a very severe case of Ascaris lumbricoides, which is the most common type of parasite in humans. I had no idea that I had them until I changed my diet. It turns out that my diet changes involved eliminating their preferred foods and increasing foods that harmed them. After I found out that I had them, I researched and did lots of things to kill them. If you have a lot of them, you can't just do one thing to kill them, because they will adapt.

It was only after I killed tons of them intestinally over many years that I came to the conclusion that I what I thought had been cervical mucus, was instead deteriorated round worms from my uterus. I no longer pass mucus when I have my period. A strand of mucus on the toilet paper might be the remains of a worm and not mucus. I would recommend taking pictures of any mucus strands that you pass.

Round worms love milk, cream, and sugar. With the exception of carrots, a Peat focused diet is good for them, too! Carrots, beets, garlic help to eliminate them. People often mix their preferred food with a drug that kills them.

OP
Peata

Peata

Thanks for your reply...I don't know very much about PCOS, but I do recall you telling me that a woman doesn't necessarily have to have cysts. I guess I need to learn about insulin resistance. I've never had my insulin tested, would that be more telling?

Found this in Peat's newsletter called Sugar Issues:

"The commonly recommended alternative to sugar in the diet is starch, but many studies show that it produces all of the effects that are commonly ascribed to sucrose and fructose, for example hyperglycemia (Villaume, et al., 1984) and increased weight gain."

I've read this newsletter like 15 times, but I never paid attention to this particular quote as I wasn't eating starch at the time. It didn't apply to me then, but now that I've been on a Massive Potato Bender I wonder if THIS has something to do with my higher blood glucose readings???

I cannot imagine going back to life with no potatoes:arghh: SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

You know, Costco stopped carrying their gallons of organic, pulp free, not from concentrate OJ. It's such a shame too, I really liked that stuff...so not only have I been on a Massive Potato Bender, but my intake of OJ has plummeted the last month due to this completely idiotic Costco policy.

I guess I'll do an OJ/Potato Blood Glucose Challenge....off to find some over-priced Uncle Matt's:(

I don't think my insulin was tested unless that was part of a panel. I got a call from the dr. one day after a blood panel test and was told my glucose reading was a little high, and they called in an Rx of Metformin for me, and that's about all that was ever said/done.

How much Biotin are you taking? I've been taking 10-15 mg in the a.m., another 10 mg. later in day, and 10 mg. at night.

Are your fasting bg levels high or all the tests you take during the day? I've read it's normal to have higher morning fasting reading when you consume more carbs. Does your bs go back down within a normal time after eating potatoes or does it stay elevated? If it goes back down, I wouldn't be concerned if it were myself.

I admit I don't know as much about that stuff as I should, but since I don't feel a problem with glycogen and blood sugar like I used to (before starting high dose biotin), I haven't been concerned. I'm not losing weight here the last few days, but for three days in a row starting on Sunday, I ate a lot of foods off my normal daily diet - foods higher in fat, no doubt pufa, starches galore, etc. So I will give it a few days now that I'm back home and on my usual fare to see how I do.

My weight loss since February has been slow, but it's been loss and that's without restricting calories. I try to eat lower fat. But I do allow some starch, particularly my homemade french fries. As long as they get cooked properly I don't seem to have too many issues. And still lost weight, though like I said - it's been slow. But better than before, when I couldn't lose even one pound.

OP
Peata

Peata

I had a very severe case of Ascaris lumbricoides, which is the most common type of parasite in humans. I had no idea that I had them until I changed my diet. It turns out that my diet changes involved eliminating their preferred foods and increasing foods that harmed them. After I found out that I had them, I researched and did lots of things to kill them. If you have a lot of them, you can't just do one thing to kill them, because they will adapt.

It was only after I killed tons of them intestinally over many years that I came to the conclusion that I what I thought had been cervical mucus, was instead deteriorated round worms from my uterus. I no longer pass mucus when I have my period. A strand of mucus on the toilet paper might be the remains of a worm and not mucus. I would recommend taking pictures of any mucus strands that you pass.

Round worms love milk, cream, and sugar. With the exception of carrots, a Peat focused diet is good for them, too! Carrots, beets, garlic help to eliminate them. People often mix their preferred food with a drug that kills them.

That's interesting because women are told to chart fertility with cervical mucus, so it is accepted as normal to have it - or do you think there's normal cervical mucus and then there can also be something other -the parasite?

Also what is your preferred diet for parasites?

Thanks.

OP
Peata

Peata

Maybe now I'm just looking for things that aren't normal but I did see something in this morning's stool that looked like a tiny silicone breast implant, lol. Can't think of what I ate that would resemble that or come out later in that form.

There was also still obvious regular and Pepto-Bismol blackened stool though I haven't taken any Pepto since Monday night. No diarrhea still :)

Heidi

That's interesting because women are told to chart fertility with cervical mucus, so it is accepted as normal to have it - or do you think there's normal cervical mucus and then there can also be something other -the parasite?

Also what is your preferred diet for parasites?

Thanks.
Sorry, I should have been more clear about the mucus. I passed strands of mucus with my period that cleared up once I eliminated the parasite. When I check around ovulation, I don't get mucus strands on the toilet paper. The mucus is stretchy and more abundant but doesn't come out on the toilet paper in the form of strands. Maybe you just have more stretchy fertile mucus than I do and it isn't worms?

Same for intestinal worms. I've changed baby's diapers that have a lot of mucus that isn't worms. The worm mucus is in the form of strands. It's hard to explain the subtle differences. I only learned the differences because I passed so many intestinal worms on a daily basis. I got a good daily visual display of the different ways they looked. I corresponded with other people who had the same parasite and similar experiences. A strand of mucus wrapped around a stool that looks like pasta (but could be more clear or poop colored) is highly likely to be a worm.

I eliminated all processed food, most grain and starch, nuts (except for black walnuts), oil, sugar, maple syrup, honey, dried fruit, etc. I ate lots of vegetables, legumes, low fat Greek yogurt, kefir, eggs, fish, meat, wild mushrooms, small amounts of fruit, small amounts of amaranth or quinoa, small amounts of seeds. No corn or potatoes or chocolate or butter. I grow most of my own organic vegetables. I eliminated coconut oil which I love, but some people think that coconut oil helps to kill parasites. I used small amounts of olive oil for coating a pan when cooking or mixed with raw garlic. I've been gradually changing my diet since I got better. But I think it's impossible to eliminate parasites entirely. I suspect that most people have small amounts of parasites, they evolved with us for eons. But there are lots of foods (such as ice cream) that still would not be good for me to eat.

OP
Peata

Peata

Sorry, I should have been more clear about the mucus. I passed strands of mucus with my period that cleared up once I eliminated the parasite. When I check around ovulation, I don't get mucus strands on the toilet paper. The mucus is stretchy and more abundant but doesn't come out on the toilet paper in the form of strands. Maybe you just have more stretchy fertile mucus than I do and it isn't worms?

Same for intestinal worms. I've changed baby's diapers that have a lot of mucus that isn't worms. The worm mucus is in the form of strands. It's hard to explain the subtle differences. I only learned the differences because I passed so many intestinal worms on a daily basis. I got a good daily visual display of the different ways they looked. I corresponded with other people who had the same parasite and similar experiences. A strand of mucus wrapped around a stool that looks like pasta (but could be more clear or poop colored) is highly likely to be a worm.

I eliminated all processed food, most grain and starch, nuts (except for black walnuts), oil, sugar, maple syrup, honey, dried fruit, etc. I ate lots of vegetables, legumes, low fat Greek yogurt, kefir, eggs, fish, meat, wild mushrooms, small amounts of fruit, small amounts of amaranth or quinoa, small amounts of seeds. No corn or potatoes or chocolate or butter. I grow most of my own organic vegetables. I eliminated coconut oil which I love, but some people think that coconut oil helps to kill parasites. I used small amounts of olive oil for coating a pan when cooking or mixed with raw garlic. I've been gradually changing my diet since I got better. But I think it's impossible to eliminate parasites entirely. I suspect that most people have small amounts of parasites, they evolved with us for eons. But there are lots of foods (such as ice cream) that still would not be good for me to eat.

Thank you for the details, Heidi.

I don't think my insulin was tested unless that was part of a panel. I got a call from the dr. one day after a blood panel test and was told my glucose reading was a little high, and they called in an Rx of Metformin for me, and that's about all that was ever said/done.

Oh okay...I guess I thought that testing insulin and finding it out of whack was a major part of the PCOS diagnosis. I had read that Metformin is only prescribed if the blood sugars were quite high on at least three separate occasions. That could be very outdated information though, I just don't know. It seems like the ideal target for things like fasting blood glucose and cholesterol levels keep changing....

Are your fasting bg levels high or all the tests you take during the day? I've read it's normal to have higher morning fasting reading when you consume more carbs. Does your bs go back down within a normal time after eating potatoes or does it stay elevated? If it goes back down, I wouldn't be concerned if it were myself.

My fasting morning blood glucose is high every morning, it varies and has been dropping since I started taking some measures, but so far they are always over 100, but no longer over 125. The levels come back down after meals, but I haven't been diligent about testing at specific times....mostly because I keep finding conflicting information on WHEN to test. Some sites say to test one hour after you start eating and some sites say to test one hour after you've finished eating....problem is I never seem to finish eating:shame:....Seems I'm always sipping on coffee with milk/gelatin/honey etc. Surely that's throwing me numbers off!!!

How much Biotin are you taking? I've been taking 10-15 mg in the a.m., another 10 mg. later in day, and 10 mg. at night.

Well, I was taking 10 mg per day of biotin, but then I ran out. Looking at my new bottle, I see that it's only 5 mg.....not exactly sure why I bought a lower dose? I guess I thought that taking 16667% above the RDI was plenty, perhaps I will take it THREE times per day;)

I've been following this with interest, Peata & TBP. Thank you for being so generous and open.

Mmmmm, delicious Turp Burps:woot:....

Hi 800mRepeats!!! I'm so thrilled to have more peeps joining in the the Turpentine Trials. Will you be logging here? Or is there a specific thread I should look for? I'm afraid I'm not acquainted with your current health profile. Do you have digestive issues?

I just know there are more lingering out there....secretly watching:droid:.....go ahead, admit it, you're intrigued.:christmastree: (that's a PINE TREE)

My weight loss since February has been slow, but it's been loss and that's without restricting calories. I try to eat lower fat.

YES!!! This is yet another factor that has changed in my diet (in addition to the starch). I started eating a lot more FAT compared to what I had been eating...not a lot of PUFA, but I've been consistently eating nearly three times the amount of fat that I was at this time last year.

Found this, kinda interesting:

High-fat diet may put future generations at risk of disease

But I LOVE butter:bigtears: *slinks away pouting*

OP
Peata

Peata

Oh okay...I guess I thought that testing insulin and finding it out of whack was a major part of the PCOS diagnosis. I had read that Metformin is only prescribed if the blood sugars were quite high on at least three separate occasions. That could be very outdated information though, I just don't know. It seems like the ideal target for things like fasting blood glucose and cholesterol levels keep changing....

I tried to tell the doctor I had PCOS years before I was Dx'd, but nothing was ever tested. I think because no cysts showed up on the in-office ultrasound. But finally I was Dxd with it and given metformin. And of course I was on birth control pills off and on for a decade (starting late teens to regulate periods/cramps and off and on through 20s, mostly off pill in 30s) Also given spironolactone. That's really all they could do for me, and admitted it years later in my late 30s when I asked if there was anything else because my symptoms were not under control anymore. They said all they do was put me back on the pill.

problem is I never seem to finish eating:shame:....Seems I'm always sipping on coffee with milk/gelatin/honey etc.

I understand this. I like to eat something every couple hours if I can and least drink soda or something through the day.

But I LOVE butter:bigtears: *slinks away pouting*

Can you make this basically your only source of fat each day? The majority of my daily fat comes if I have my french fries in coconut oil or some chocolate. Still, it hasn't stopped weight loss, I think because I try to stay under 35 g fat daily.

It only stopped this week when I had all that easter family gathering food and the leftovers for a couple days after that - things like ham, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes (prob made with margarine), casseroles, etc. I may have put on a little fat, but I know it bloated me some. I'm up a few pounds on the scale, but now that I'm home and eating my usual stuff, I'm peeing more and a little of the weight went down.

Last edited:
OP
Peata

Peata

Daggone if the diarrhea didn't come back this afternoon, and it was after eating a cup of Greek yogurt. I recall that setting it off before. I think I can get by with half cup, but sometimes a cup of it proves to be a bad move. I took more Pepto, and fine now. Going to use less Greek yogurt from now on.

OP
Peata

Peata

Starting B2 today and back on the B1 to try to help my liver inactivate estrogen. Also started niacinamide again yesterday -100 mg. Going to increase to 200 mg. today

OP
Peata

Peata

How are you doing with the turpentine, 800?

Daggone if the diarrhea didn't come back this afternoon, and it was after eating a cup of Greek yogurt. I recall that setting it off before. I think I can get by with half cup, but sometimes a cup of it proves to be a bad move. I took more Pepto, and fine now. Going to use less Greek yogurt from now on.

Bummer.....Can I ask Peata, how long is the longest stretch of time with NO diarrhea? There was a time when I thought my diarrhea was related to my cycle/estrogen and there may be some truth to that. I even started one of my many panicky diarrhea threads over the hormone driven loose stool phenomenon, but it got to a point where I was having diarrhea for no apparent reason, regardless of my cycle. I've gone though three cycles now with nothing, nada, nill...so clearly mine wasn't hormone driven.

I also had the notion that yogurt (and dairy in general) was a trigger for me and gelatin too. I got busy removing "all offending foods", but that still didn't bring long term relief. I eat a minimum of four tablespoons per day of gelatin and often more with not even the slightest gurgle.

I ate 325 grams of greek yogurt for lunch yesterday topped with the lovely addition of 30 grams of Brewer's Yeast, darn near 1/4 cup of maple syrup and one teaspoon of cinnamon in a vain attempt to mask the Brewer's Yeast:yuck:. Surely the yeast would cause rumblings, but no nothing, nary a fart.

I'm not saying this is true for you, but if you have enjoyed yogurt in the past with no issues, then something else is driving the irritation. Did you eat yogurt as a child/young adult?

OP
Peata

Peata

Bummer.....Can I ask Peata, how long is the longest stretch of time with NO diarrhea? There was a time when I thought my diarrhea was related to my cycle/estrogen and there may be some truth to that. I even started one of my many panicky diarrhea threads over the hormone driven loose stool phenomenon, but it got to a point where I was having diarrhea for no apparent reason, regardless of my cycle. I've gone though three cycles now with nothing, nada, nill...so clearly mine wasn't hormone driven.

I also had the notion that yogurt (and dairy in general) was a trigger for me and gelatin too. I got busy removing "all offending foods", but that still didn't bring long term relief. I eat a minimum of four tablespoons per day of gelatin and often more with not even the slightest gurgle.

I ate 325 grams of greek yogurt for lunch yesterday topped with the lovely addition of 30 grams of Brewer's Yeast, darn near 1/4 cup of maple syrup and one teaspoon of cinnamon in a vain attempt to mask the Brewer's Yeast:yuck:. Surely the yeast would cause rumblings, but no nothing, nary a fart.

I'm not saying this is true for you, but if you have enjoyed yogurt in the past with no issues, then something else is driving the irritation. Did you eat yogurt as a child/young adult?

Something is obviously still not right with my GI tract. I did have some yogurt as a kid. Not Greek, that wasn't available then afaik.

Sometimes I've been able to eat a lot of it without problem. It's still all a mystery to me.

I can't remember how long I went without diarrhea after the Pepto use before - weeks/months? But then I had to go on an antibiotic for something and that messed it up again. So I've been trying different things and have come back to the Pepto. I'm just going to have to use a lot of it like before, until the problem is gone for good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals