1% Milk + Fruit Diet

Smelly5

I would like to try consuming only 3x Litres of 1% UHT Milk a day and fruit as my diet for an expermient.

I do very well with UHT Milk in particular, but would get diahrea if I was to consume it solely.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could do this successfuly, while avoiding as much digestive upset as possible and getting my body used to having so much milk?
Has anyone done this with success?

Momma

Hi. What is your goal? What are you looking to achieve?

Momma

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

Hi. What is your goal? What are you looking to achieve?
Keep fat as low as possible, while meeting demands for carbs, protein and nutrients including calcium.
Ordinarily, this is very challenging but 1% Milk makes it possible if digestion can handle it.

Momma

Keep fat as low as possible, while meeting demands for carbs, protein and nutrients including calcium.
Ordinarily, this is very challenging but 1% Milk makes it possible if digestion can handle it.
I agree. May be tough on digestion. Adding collagen and or heating the milk would be both interesting hacks. If you can please come back with a report.

Weirdly enough, I am losing body fat as I consume full fat milk and eat lots of carbs. A little from fruit, but mostly from starch. Interesting because I always was afraid that full fat milk would be fattening, But it’s not for me at least. When you eat this way, sugar can be a little fattening, but I can easily lose body fat now and I couldn’t before. I’ll stick to full fat.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

Weirdly enough, I am losing body fat as I consume full fat milk and eat lots of carbs. A little from fruit, but mostly from starch. Interesting because I always was afraid that full fat milk would be fattening, But it’s not for me at least. When you eat this way, sugar can be a little fattening, but I can easily lose body fat now and I couldn’t before. I’ll stick to full fat.
At what rate do you think your fat loss is? Eg. Kilo a month?
What would be your total fat consumption and total calories a day?
Do you take any supplements that would impact weight loss in a big way? Eg. Thyroid

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

Day 1 didn't go so well.
A lot of bloating and gas. I'm going to dial it back a notch on the milk and start adding a lot of cooked mushrooms and daily carrot salad.
I wonder if there are any fruits in particular that would pair best.

Elie

Forum Supporter
You said you didn't before.
What do you think changed?

You said you didn't before.
What do you think changed?

I gained maybe 2 pounds last 4 days. I will lose it in a day or so. I seem to easily lose body fat now. Getting a good thyroid dose, eating lots of carbs in the form of starch rather than sugar. I think the high sugar wasn’t good for me. High starch and low sugar is good. I don’t drink juice except mostly coconut water with a little juice for flavor. I eat a piece of fruit. A tablespoon of sugar in my coffee. All the other carbs are from starch. Seems to be much better for me, combined with full fat milk.

Jessie

Just milk and fruits is a good way to forget about sodium, unless you're salting your fruits? So make sure you don't forget about salt. A little bit of meat wouldn't be terrible, if for no other reason it serves as a good carrier for salt.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I would like to try consuming only 3x Litres of 1% UHT Milk a day and fruit as my diet for an expermient.

I do very well with UHT Milk in particular, but would get diahrea if I was to consume it solely.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could do this successfuly, while avoiding as much digestive upset as possible and getting my body used to having so much milk?
Has anyone done this with success?
I've done something similar and ran into 2 main problems. Salt cravings and unstable blood sugar. If I add eggs and honey to the shakes, it fixes both issues.

Momma

Why is heating milk a hack?
It’s Ayurvedic. My guess is it make either the milk protein or amino acids more digestible. I know nothing about ayurvedic medicine however. Definitely research. I just know warming my breast milk for my children was beneficial.

Korven

Day 1 didn't go so well.
A lot of bloating and gas. I'm going to dial it back a notch on the milk and start adding a lot of cooked mushrooms and daily carrot salad.
I wonder if there are any fruits in particular that would pair best.
Like others mentioned, are you drinking the milk straight out of the fridge or do you let it warm up to room temp, or heat it up?

My digestion is much better if I leave out the milk in room temperature for a couple of hours. I can drink 6 liters of milk per day that way without noticing any discomfort.

It’s Ayurvedic. My guess is it make either the milk protein or amino acids more digestible. I know nothing about ayurvedic medicine however. Definitely research. I just know warming my breast milk for my children was beneficial.
Interesting…thank you

Jennifer

My digestion is much better if I leave out the milk in room temperature for a couple of hours. I can drink 6 liters of milk per day that way without noticing any discomfort.

Same here, except I leave it out for at least 6 hours before drinking it.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

Thanks folks.
Day two was equally challenging. Gas and bloating.
I was desperately holding in a huge fart while in a meeting.

I'm going to try warming the milk as much as possible to see if helps.
Aside from the gas and bloating, I feel good.

I do already have 3 or more teaspoons of salt everyday. Milk experiment aside, the salt is a must.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

I've done something similar and ran into 2 main problems. Salt cravings and unstable blood sugar. If I add eggs and honey to the shakes, it fixes both issues.
Can you comment on why the eggs and honey helped your blood sugar? And why milk alone wasn't enough?

I know the egg yolks are easily assimilated protein that stimulate insulin.
Id be curious to know why the regular carbohydrates from the milk aren't enough. Maybe this is in the context of getting a good workout in?

Jennifer

Thanks folks.
Day two was equally challenging. Gas and bloating.
I was desperately holding in a huge fart while in a meeting.

I'm going to try warming the milk as much as possible to see if helps.
Aside from the gas and bloating, I feel good.

I do already have 3 or more teaspoons of salt everyday. Milk experiment aside, the salt is a must.

Is it the milk causing the gas and bloating or the fruit? If it’s the milk, have you tried a lactose free one or taking a lactase enzyme with it? If it’s the fruit, have you tried juicing some of it? You can always make gelatin gummies with the juice if you’re wanting more solid foods in your diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals