1% Milk + Fruit Diet

Aymen

Same here, except I leave it out for at least 6 hours before drinking it.
@Korven and @Jennifer You can do like i do, i leave milk out of the fridge then i put 2 cups in a pot then i heat it very slowly i keep stirring the milk with a wooden tbsp for 30 secondes, then the coldness of the fridge disappear, the secret is to keep stirring so all milk temperature become the same, just stir until you no longer have the fridge temperature, you can put your finger to test the coldness.

Aymen

OP, I think the only fruit that goes well with a diet of 2-3 liters of milk a day is dates or dried figs because of the lower water content compared to melons or oranges, though fresh figs are allergenic to me, i tolerate dates very well, i eat a pound a day, sometimes a kg, never noticed a problem.

sunny

I have made milk jello. Sweeten the milk with sugar. Use the amount for the gelatin you are using. Sprinkle gelatin over cold milk and let it bloom. Then add warm sweet milk and make jello. I add cinnamon sometimes.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can you comment on why the eggs and honey helped your blood sugar? And why milk alone wasn't enough?

I know the egg yolks are easily assimilated protein that stimulate insulin.
Id be curious to know why the regular carbohydrates from the milk aren't enough. Maybe this is in the context of getting a good workout in?
Did you try either one alone? I think it's the extra protein that's been the most helpful.

Jennifer

@Korven and @Jennifer You can do like i do, i leave milk out of the fridge then i put 2 cups in a pot then i heat it very slowly i keep stirring the milk with a wooden tbsp for 30 secondes, then the coldness of the fridge disappear, the secret is to keep stirring so all milk temperature become the same, just stir until you no longer have the fridge temperature, you can put your finger to test the coldness.

Oh, that’s so easy! Thank you for sharing. :) I’ll try it out tomorrow.

I have made milk jello.

Me too! Milk jello is really good. Also, a little bit of gelatin combined with milk, cocoa or vanilla and sugar makes a delicious pudding.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

Is it the milk causing the gas and bloating or the fruit? If it’s the milk, have you tried a lactose free one or taking a lactase enzyme with it? If it’s the fruit, have you tried juicing some of it? You can always make gelatin gummies with the juice if you’re wanting more solid foods in your diet.
Its the milk not the fruit.
The times i've had lactose free milk I haven't felt very good.
I'll have to give it a try again and see what the results are. I wonder how different the nutrition is with lactose free milk.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

Oh, that’s so easy! Thank you for sharing. :) I’ll try it out tomorrow.

Me too! Milk jello is really good. Also, a little bit of gelatin combined with milk, cocoa or vanilla and sugar makes a delicious pudding.
Wow thats a great idea. I'll definitely try.
I wonder how much daily milk one could consume if it was in jello form.
I already make marshmellows so seems like a no-brainer.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

OP, I think the only fruit that goes well with a diet of 2-3 liters of milk a day is dates or dried figs because of the lower water content compared to melons or oranges, though fresh figs are allergenic to me, i tolerate dates very well, i eat a pound a day, sometimes a kg, never noticed a problem.
It makes sense that favouring lower water content could be good in general. Why specifically for a milk-based-diet? Do you mean in circumstances of poor digestion with the milk?
Isn't the milk supposed to help your metabolism and therefore lower water retention?

Dried fruits are something I wish I could consume more of. There have been multiple studies showing unsafe levels of mycotoxins in super market dried fruits.

Jennifer

Its the milk not the fruit.
The times i've had lactose free milk I haven't felt very good.
I'll have to give it a try again and see what the results are. I wonder how different the nutrition is with lactose free milk.

I would think the nutrition is the same, just that the sugar is predigested, or perhaps increasing its digestibility would result in better absorption, assimilation and nutrition, overall?

Cow

Oooh. Does anyone want to share their recipe for milk jello and/or milk pudding? It sounds delicious. What kind of gelatin is used?

Jennifer

@Cow, here is the gelatin pudding recipe I use:

And here is the milk jello recipe, except I use real milk instead of oat milk and honey instead of stevia:

These are the gelatins I use:

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @Cow. :)

Aymen

It makes sense that favouring lower water content could be good in general. Why specifically for a milk-based-diet? Do you mean in circumstances of poor digestion with the milk?
Isn't the milk supposed to help your metabolism and therefore lower water retention?

Dried fruits are something I wish I could consume more of. There have been multiple studies showing unsafe levels of mycotoxins in super market dried fruits.
I meant milk is high in liquid so if you consume a lot of liquid without enough salt you are stressing your metabolism, when you improve your metabolism you can handle higher liquid diet better, start with a quarter of milk a day and see what happens, you can use salty safe cheese or add salt to eggs if you want to i crease your salt i take.

I personally can only drink 3 liters of milk a day straight from the cartoon in late spring and summer because the weather is hotter, in winter i feel like ***t if i consume milk straight from the cartoon, it's too cold and heating it seems to it easy for digestion.

I don't consume dry fruits, i don't trust the brands, i have read before that they coat raisins in some oil to make it shiny.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

I meant milk is high in liquid so if you consume a lot of liquid without enough salt you are stressing your metabolism, when you improve your metabolism you can handle higher liquid diet better, start with a quarter of milk a day and see what happens, you can use salty safe cheese or add salt to eggs if you want to i crease your salt i take.

I personally can only drink 3 liters of milk a day straight from the cartoon in late spring and summer because the weather is hotter, in winter i feel like ***t if i consume milk straight from the cartoon, it's too cold and heating it seems to it easy for digestion.

I don't consume dry fruits, i don't trust the brands, i have read before that they coat raisins in some oil to make it shiny.
Tbh that is a good point that I hadnt considered.
Having 3L of milk a day would be like 12 glasses of water or something.

I do notice that its very easy for me to tolerate a teaspoon of salt everytime I have it. Doesn't seem overwhelming salty. Probably a sign I could easliy do with more.

The tricky party with warming milk for me is consuming it at work. I will look like a looney constantly going to the kitchen to warm cups of milk if people notice 😂

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

@Cow, here is the gelatin pudding recipe I use:

And here is the milk jello recipe, except I use real milk instead of oat milk and honey instead of stevia:

These are the gelatins I use:

That is a great tip.
Gelatin for me definitely makes the dairy easier to tolerate.

Adding coffee, condensed milk and/or chocolate also make great combo's.

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=622429919894992&set=pb.100063839689128.-2207520000.&locale=hi_IN

Jennifer

Adding coffee, condensed milk and/or chocolate also make great combo's.

Yes, definitely! I like this chocolate gelatin recipe using white chocolate chips:

Ingredients:
* 3+ TBSP gelatin
* ¾ cup cold water
* 1 cup boiling water
* ⅓ cup granulated sugar
* 2 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Put gelatin and cold water in blender and let stand for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add boiling water and sugar.
3. Blend on low for 2 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved.
4. Gradually add chocolate chips while blending.
5. Blend until mixture is smooth.
6. Pour mixture in a square pan and refrigerate until firm.
7. Cut into 1-inch squares or shapes (using cookie cutters) before serving.

BeanSprouts

You can't go straight into massive amounts of milk; nobody's digestive system can handle the shock. The type of milk doesn't matter; your body can't handle all the lactose until you warm it up for a while to stimulate lactase production. I think starting strong is why a lot of people convince themselves they're lactose intolerant. The massive amount of liquid will also make you urinate 20 times a day, which is not good. Try less milk and more dried fruit and potatoes.

Aymen

Tbh that is a good point that I hadnt considered.
Having 3L of milk a day would be like 12 glasses of water or something.

I do notice that its very easy for me to tolerate a teaspoon of salt everytime I have it. Doesn't seem overwhelming salty. Probably a sign I could easliy do with more.

The tricky party with warming milk for me is consuming it at work. I will look like a looney constantly going to the kitchen to warm cups of milk if people notice 😂
Yes, i stopped bringing milk with me at work, the only way to drink it is straight from the cartoon, when in cold room temperature the milk is always cold so every time i drink it i get cold hands and i don't feel good, in ayurveda they think that cold milk causes disease and warm milk cures it, they always recommand warming raw milk and not drinking the pasteurized one, i switched nowadays to warming raw milk and i feel much better than before, i drink a liter of raw milk nowadays instead of 2 liters of 1.5% milk, i don't skim the cream off the top so it's usually 3.5%. i still consume good quality cheese too.

OccamzRazer

they always recommand warming raw milk and not drinking the pasteurized one, i switched nowadays to warming raw milk and i feel much better than before, i drink a liter of raw milk nowadays instead of 2 liters of 1.5% milk, i don't skim the cream off the top so it's usually 3.5%. i still consume good quality cheese too.
Ah this could be a key to making more milk work, thanks for sharing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals