Adult Acne. What The Hell Is Wrong With People Like Me?

ilovethesea

I posted in one of my other threads, but I have elevated bilirubin levels, and have had a yellow tint to my skin for awhile (so ugly, hate it). Not exactly sure how it correlates but weak liver function for sure. Have to get retested. They call it Gilbert's syndrome, they say it's genertic and harmless, I disagree, not normal.

Lots of people with Gilbert's think there is a thyroid link. And that's how I sort of ended up here.

I agree the yellow tint is related to low thyroid. I think I used to have this too but it went away and my skin returned to a normal pink colour when I started taking thyroid (T3).

Have you had thyroid tests and/or measured your temperatures and pulse? Maybe you want to consider both retinyl palmitate/liver plus a thyroid supplement.

OP
B

bohogirl

If you are having trouble with regularity currently, I would work on
that. Have you ever tried antibiotics? My eczema flair ups stopped after my appendicitis when I was taking Minocycline & Doxycycline. If you can get tetracycline, that may help with clearing the acne (I think it's recommended for acne), but you would want to establish good bowel frequency. For that, you could try carrot fiber, oranges and cascara sagrada bark. I have IBS issues - specifically constipation, but it yo-yo's sometimes. I've tried very hard to find what works and carrots, oranges and cascara are great for keeping the bowels clean. Ox Bile is helpful too, but I don't have a gallbladder, so that's why I take that. Oranges lower endotoxin and inflammation and tend to move through the digestive tract quickly. Carrots help provide a little extra bulk.

Anyhow, if you do not wash your face, I would definitely suggest doing that. I wash mine at least once per day with all natural soap - we buy stuff made with animal lard and essential oils and it's wonderful. But any good soap should help - maybe even a mild scrub? Then I would try an astringent and something topical. For what it's worth, my sister-in-law sometimes gets break-outs and she said Frankincense oil works incredibly well to eliminate them - it is a potent antibiotic. It's really pricey, but if it works, it would be worth it.

I hope you will find what works for you!! Skin troubles are such a nuisance and so psychologically debilitating. I was a wreck the last time my eczema broke out, what with the itching and redness. I would definitely start with focusing on the bowels and see maybe about getting an antibiotic. I am not pro taking antibiotics for everything, but there is a time and place sometimes.

When I wash my face, it ends up dry. I believe the face doesn't need to be washed as it should regulate itself. I guess my skin is normal, but leaning more towards the dry scale.

I will check out the Frankincense oil, right now, I'll pay anything for anything that works.

It's the most debilitating thing ever. Sick of it, sick of no life because of it.

OP
B

bohogirl

What's important is transit time (how long the food/waste is in you). You could still be "regular" but be backed up. Eat something that you can tell when it comes out to figure out the timing. Charcoal, beets, ...
I will try that and see. I think I will start a log actually and detail everything.

OP
B

bohogirl

Fresh oysters with lemon juice are delicious. Check that they come from a clean non-industrial cove away from any big rivers that carry down pollutants.

I tried some smoked, tinned oysters and they were revolting.

Will go to the store tomorrow and get some fresh ones to cook. I had tried to put lemon juice on the canned ones and I couldn't even get it down.

OP
B

bohogirl

Benzoyl Peroxyde would be a quick fix, 2x a day

I don't know if this would or not, I have never tried it. However, I have cystic acne and haven't found any topical to actually work at reducing cysts. It's soo annoying because their is so many products and most of them don't work.

I have yet to see acne NOT cleared up or at least drastically improved with retinyl palmitate. It's a serious cure.

Is this topical or a pill? How much to take?

Vitamin A (as retinyl) helps a ton. Seems I have to dose high though (at least 25,000. Sometimes more). Still wondering if the lack of a gallbladder gives me a much higher requirement for Vitamin A.

It's totally individual how much liver/A you need. Personally I think it would be easiest to just get a bottle of retinyl palmitate and experiment with doses. That way you can at least confirm if vitamin A deficiency is your issue. Some people need 50 or 100 000 IU (or more) which would be hard to get from liver alone.

I don't think blood tests are that useful, except for TSH maybe.

The dairy/sugar is probably making you break out because they raise your metabolism and you are low in A.

I will research it and see. I know I have a chronic problem as I've continued to have bad skin. What it is exactly is a neverending quest, but I do think that it might now be just one vitamin that will magically cure me.

When I'm not breaking out, I have closed comedones mostly on my chin/lip but on cheeks as well and they always refill even after I pop them. It seems that sometimes these comedones are what turn into the cysts as well. I've been researching impaired fat metabolism lately. It seems that all the fatty foods, whole milk, butter, cheese, and perhaps sugar, are to blame. It is an instantaneous reaction. If I have those foods today, I will have something guaranteed the next day.

I agree the yellow tint is related to low thyroid. I think I used to have this too but it went away and my skin returned to a normal pink colour when I started taking thyroid (T3).

Have you had thyroid tests and/or measured your temperatures and pulse? Maybe you want to consider both retinyl palmitate/liver plus a thyroid supplement.

I've had the yellow tint I believe as long as I've suffered from acne. I keep forgetting to take my temperature right when I wake up, so I don't have any wake up readings yet. I'm going to start logging every little thing.

Dezz

Someone pointed out leaky gut and congested liver on the first page and that most likely is your problem, overgrowth of bad bacteria or fungus in your gut. eat raw carrot, bamboo shoots, go gluten free, dairy free, low fat, nothing fried. Use cascara before you sleep. Do some coffee enemas.

seano

When I wash my face, it ends up dry. I believe the face doesn't need to be washed ...

I haven't washed my face in a decade, other than days with extra junk on my face (from constructions, bike work, grease, ...). It's much better off without the washing. And I rarely get acne.

The cysts on the back of my neck are not prevented by washing or caused by anything topical. But I do wash it when they come up simply to prevent the bacteria from spreading. Even then it's a very light wash. Then cover in milk of magnesia and sometimes tea tree to kill, and lavendar to heal.

YuraCZ

What about clogged up lymphatic system? It seems like people here and also RP doesn't care about lymphatic system at all. But it plays very important role in a human body in my opinion..

SarahBeara

Start with 5k iu retinyl palmitate in tablet form, build to 15k, ensure adequate intake of vitamin d and magnesium

OP
B

bohogirl

I haven't washed my face in a decade, other than days with extra junk on my face (from constructions, bike work, grease, ...). It's much better off without the washing. And I rarely get acne.

The cysts on the back of my neck are not prevented by washing or caused by anything topical. But I do wash it when they come up simply to prevent the bacteria from spreading. Even then it's a very light wash. Then cover in milk of magnesia and sometimes tea tree to kill, and lavendar to heal.
Do your cysts ever come to a head?

ilovethesea

When I wash my face, it ends up dry. I believe the face doesn't need to be washed as it should regulate itself. I guess my skin is normal, but leaning more towards the dry scale.

I will check out the Frankincense oil, right now, I'll pay anything for anything that works.

It's the most debilitating thing ever. Sick of it, sick of no life because of it.

What do you use to wash your face? It sounds like what you have is too harsh. Have you ever tried a cleansing water? You put them on a cotton ball and they cleanse without drying out your skin - you don't even need any water. Even if you do it just once a day I think it's better than not washing at all.

Also have you tried the aspirin mask? The acid will help dissolve the dead skin that can clog your pores. If you're not washing your face then I imagine you probably have a dead skin build up.

ilovethesea

I don't know if this would or not, I have never tried it. However, I have cystic acne and haven't found any topical to actually work at reducing cysts. It's soo annoying because their is so many products and most of them don't work.

Is this topical or a pill? How much to take?

I will research it and see. I know I have a chronic problem as I've continued to have bad skin. What it is exactly is a neverending quest, but I do think that it might now be just one vitamin that will magically cure me.

When I'm not breaking out, I have closed comedones mostly on my chin/lip but on cheeks as well and they always refill even after I pop them. It seems that sometimes these comedones are what turn into the cysts as well. I've been researching impaired fat metabolism lately. It seems that all the fatty foods, whole milk, butter, cheese, and perhaps sugar, are to blame. It is an instantaneous reaction. If I have those foods today, I will have something guaranteed the next day.

I've had the yellow tint I believe as long as I've suffered from acne. I keep forgetting to take my temperature right when I wake up, so I don't have any wake up readings yet. I'm going to start logging every little thing.

You can look up sources of retinyl palmitate on Toxinless.com. I take Genestra A-Mulsion. You can do it orally or topically or both, keeping in mind topical would require a much bigger dose. Like I said, how much to take is completely individual. It requires experimentation. Rest of diet should be good as well.

Do you get digestive issues when you eat fatty foods? Constipation can be related to acne breakouts.

If you've had the yellow tint for some time along with the cystic acne, my guess is you have a low thyroid issue. Do you have other hypothyroidism symptoms?

ilovethesea

Start with 5k iu retinyl palmitate in tablet form, build to 15k, ensure adequate intake of vitamin d and magnesium

Just keep in mind some people need much higher dose than that to get results, eg. 50k or 100k or more. But I wouldn't go that high unless thyroid function is already good (I take thyroid supplement for example).

SarahBeara

Just keep in mind some people need much higher dose than that to get results, eg. 50k or 100k or more. But I wouldn't go that high unless thyroid function is already good (I take thyroid supplement for example).

Yes very good point, 15K would be a more conservative high dose. I personally see results from just 5K but mine is very mild.

Jennifer

What about clogged up lymphatic system? It seems like people here and also RP doesn't care about lymphatic system at all. But it plays very important role in a human body in my opinion..
I've talked about the lymphatic system on the forum so there are certainly people here who understand its importance. I've been working on cleaning mine out and getting my kidneys filtering out metabolic waste properly since February. :)

FD8

It's the only thing that worked for me, like a miracle really !

YuraCZ

I've talked about the lymphatic system on the forum so there are certainly people here who understand its importance. I've been working on cleaning mine out and getting my kidneys filtering out metabolic waste properly since February. :)
I have clogged up lymphatic system for a long time due to ignored gluten and casein intolerance, hypothyroidism, steroid abuse, bodybuilding diet for maybe 10 years etc.. I had swollen tonsils for years. For the first time I was starting reduce my protein intake and I also add some lemons for vitC. I notice that my tonsils are basically invisible on the neck now wow... So just reducing acids and adding some alkaline foods was enough for improvement. I came across to this guy and I realized that ignoring lymphatic system is really silly. I'm not saying, that this guy is right about everything. But alot of things what he says makes really sense..

Im last person who would consider vegan (fruitarian) type of diet. Because I think in a long term it can't be optimal. Especially in the winter etc.. But for detoxing/cleansing purposes I think it's great. So now I will be for some time(week or two) on fruits -citrus, melons, grapes, some cucumbers and will see.. Only dilemma or consern I have is sodium. Last year I was consuming huge amounts of sea salt and it didn't help with anything. The more salt I was taking the more I was dehydrated I think. There is also some info that excess sodium is stored in the lymphatic system. So will see what happens when I lower sodium for a while..
Salt really does get under your skin

So what improvements you have? I also need improve my kidneys function.

Jennifer

@YuraCZ - That's a really good sign that your tonsils are no longer swollen. Before I found Dr. Morse's work at the end of February, I had gone total fruitarian and started coughing up stones, some as large as pinto beans. I Peated on mostly dairy for over a year prior to this and developed swollen tonsils, brain fog and a chronic rash with pustules, which all went away after coughing up the stones.

I'm a petite female so I can't speak for bodybuilders/muscular guys, but I haven't lost any muscle mass and have maintained my weight despite only eating fruit since the end of January. It definitely was challenging finding enough fruit during the winter so I relied on a lot of frozen fruit. As far as it being healthy long-term, I certainly won't claim it is for everyone. I can't even see it being maintainable long-term for the majority of people.

Improvements I've gained so far - I no longer have the rash, pustules or brain fog, I finally have a cycle and my libido is high like it was when I was on high doses of progest-e so I know my body is finally producing progesterone on its own, my daytime temps hover around 99°F (37.2°C) and my digestion is great. This all took time, though and some things got worse before they got better, particularly my skin.

Getting my kidneys to filter consistently has been the most challenging part so far. My adrenal glands are weak and the kidneys are dependent on the adrenals so I've been working on strengthening them with herbs.

YuraCZ

So only fruits? Nothing else? I'm confused about salt. Everybody says you need a lot of sea salt for adrenal fatigue. But on fruit diet. There is basically zero sodium and huge amounts of potassium. I'm feeling really cold last two days on citrus fruits and melons.. So I don't know adding salt or not.. I don't know, but it looks like this high fruit will help kidneys, but exhausting adrenals in the same time?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals