Any Particularly Lean Peaty's Out There?

max219

superhuman said:
That is just awesome.

Have you always had that metabolism?

whats your stats? height, weight?

how much protein are you getting a day?

What do you think is key for not gaining fat and loose fat if wants to do that? in addition to limiting fat.

I'm 5'5 about 145-150 lbs, turning 23 next week. I eat between 80-140 protein grams a day.

My metabolism is probably high0e nowr than it has ever been. I used to be a competitive long distance runner for 7 years, and went through caloric restriction, low carb, fasting, forceful weight loss for big races etc. Since May I have been trying to get the metabolism back to where it was 5 years ago in high school, because I noticed putting on body fat (if I ate a lot) WHILE RUNNING 70 miles a week at the end of college. My pulse was just below 50 bpm when competing. Checking now it is about 65 bpm.

When I stopped running in May, since I though my metabolism was low, I decided to do "Eat for Heat." I kept PUFA low over the summer, but ate a higher saturated fat and starch diet (and sugar etc). I didn't track calories, but I assume I was eating similar amounts as I am now (3000-4000 calories), and I did put on noticeable body fat. I didn't weigh myself either. Since September I went low fat and low starch and began to lean out.

The high sugar intake gives me tons of energy. I'd guess lower fat and lower starch works for me to keep body fat low. I haven't experimented with a higher starch and low fat diet, so I'm not sure how I would react to that at 3000-4000 calories. I feel comfortable with the higher sugar intake though because I know that it is meant to keep metabolism high.

max219

Fruit, dried fruit, fruit juice, cottage cheese 1%, low fat chobani yogurt, egg yolk, honey/syrup, white sugar, coffee, oysters (canned), shrimp, liver 1x a week, carrots, coca cola, rice mostly.

superhuman

love it. How do you eat your oysters (canned) ? i also have them but i havent manned up to the task yet :p seems to yucky

Filip1993

Max, how much water do you get from liquids/food per day? And how much salt do you eat? I always end up with too much liquid when I do no starch (I do much better with sugar).

Peata

Max, do you have an idea of how many fat grams or % of calories from fat daily?

max219

I just eat the oysters straight out of the can. I actually like them that way.

I drink probably 2-3 cups of coffee, 1-2 cups of OJ or coke. I try to eat dried fruit and less watery fruits cooked (like bananas, pineapple). I put salt on a lot of food throughout the day, so probably a good amount.

I leaned out eating 30ish grams on average, now I am playing around with 10-20 grams just to see whats up. I think that more fat is healthier however. I'm averaging under 5% fat calories daily.

Ulla

An old topic but I am curios since latley I read a lot about gaining weight here.

I lost some weight on Peat style but for that I had to put fat to the minimum. Usually if I eat 40 g of fat per day I feel quite successful doing low fat. More days like that in a row and I see becoming more lean.

Anyone feels like sharing his/her experience?

slayers

i have got done to around 7% body fat doing 100% peat

BTW you can gain or lose weight eating any type of diet or foods.. IIFYM

Ulla

slayers said:
post 109545 i have got done to around 7% body fat doing 100% peat

BTW you can gain or lose weight eating any type of diet or foods.. IIFYM

I agree.
I am doing Peat according IIFYM style but for leaning I need to hold fats down.

I can say that by Peat approach I have probably increased my calorie upper limit and I think I eat enough, eat a lot, but I guess I am still slightly under because I don't let myself hungry and somehow got veins seen on my lower part of abs. For the first time in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

slayers

I can maintain around 12% eating as much peat foods as i feel i need...

but to get under 10% i was measuring and tracking everything,, all peat foods following about a 50% carb, 25% fat, 25% protein macros

Ulla

that kind of ratios is magic spot for me too...at least at the moment.
BUT I am not sure I have a proper BMR... still working on that one.
I eat more, I fear to gain weight but actually I see losing some fat.

Ulla

Thanks for answers. I am experimenting these days with low fat but higher carbs. I feel good, don't let myself hungry.
I will wait for a few more days before make a conclusion.

EquilibriumSW

I was slim to begin with but with a hight percentage of body fat for a skinny guy (skinny fat without the appearance) I slimed down not only on body fat but also muscle because I stopped all exercise wile I am dealing with hypo. So I do think that a Ray Peat lifestyle of eating will slim you down. And that is a good thing as estrogen level surely will follow down. As for muscle, he recommends to have a good muscle shape, but not at cost of your tyroid. Exercise is something to still figure out.

livrepensador

Hello everyone!

This old thread was plasing to read.

My new intent is to lose some belly fat. Im not a fat guy or overweight, but a i have a belly fat that i ve been struggling for years.I estimate i have 18% -22 % body fat.

I will follow the tips in this thread:

- Decrease fat
- really decrease starch

I will follow the IIFYM style: 50% sugars (milk, fruits, dried fruits, juice fruits and coke) + 30% protein (beef + cheese) + 20% fat (from milk and from beef adn chesse).

Do you guys found something negative about lowering the fats?

D

Derek

livrepensador said:
post 109724

Stress!

However, you will be getting more than enough fat in the diet you outlined.

EIRE24

Derek said:
post 109731
livrepensador said:
post 109724

So a low fat diet brings about stress? What about all the people who are successfully running a low fat diet?
Stress!

However, you will be getting more than enough fat in the diet you outlined.

XPlus

There are major challenges with a very low fat diet, like getting enough fat soluble vitamins and processing the extra liquids and starch (in place of fat).
Also, if reducing fat tends to boost the metabolism higher and for longer periods than you can keep up with (i.e. in terms of feeding), the system is going to crash.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals