Anybody here have trouble digesting pork?

Any time I eat uncured pork, it seems to take hours and hours for my stomach to empty. I can eat steak 30-45 minutes before a workout and be fine, but if I eat pork chops for breakfast, I'll puke it up during my evening workout.

Anyway, I try to never eat pork at this point, but I was served pulled pork at a restaurant when I ordered chopped beef today and didn't notice till a couple of bites in (because it had bbq sauce on it). And here I am, 7 hours since, feeling terrible.

Any idea why this might be?

Runenight201

Any time I eat uncured pork, it seems to take hours and hours for my stomach to empty. I can eat steak 30-45 minutes before a workout and be fine, but if I eat pork chops for breakfast, I'll puke it up during my evening workout.

Anyway, I try to never eat pork at this point, but I was served pulled pork at a restaurant when I ordered chopped beef today and didn't notice till a couple of bites in (because it had bbq sauce on it). And here I am, 7 hours since, feeling terrible.

Maybe you’re allergic for whatever reason. People eat shrimp no problem but if I eat that I get nauseous with acid reflux and feel terrible. I personally love bacon it helps my hair quality so much lol

Yeah, I can only eat cured pork. My problem is uncured pork just sits there without my stomach emptying.
Sorry, i read that as i was waking up and read it as cured...have you tried taking it with Betaine HCL?i forgot the amino acid profile of pork, it might be high in Histidine and Methionine which can make digestion sluggish or nonexistent if you already have a lack of the protease enzyme

lvysaur

What kinds of beef do you eat? (both the cut, and processing method IE: ground/mince/steak)

This is important because if you're only eating burgers/thinly sliced beef, then this could actually be a general "tamasic meat" intolerance, or lack of stomach acid.

If you regularly eat steak with no problems, then it's something in the pork (either naturally, or added water retaining chemicals)

OP
K
What kinds of beef do you eat? (both the cut, and processing method IE: ground/mince/steak)

This is important because if you're only eating burgers/thinly sliced beef, then this could actually be a general "tamasic meat" intolerance, or lack of stomach acid.

If you regularly eat steak with no problems, then it's something in the pork (either naturally, or added water retaining chemicals)
I can eat 24 oz of steak no problem.

mwp2112

I used to have digestive issues, but I heard that Pork is one of the hardest foods to digest. It just sits in your body for a few days to a week and rots. Causing all kinds of toxins. I had a friend that had 3- 4 feet of her intestines cut out because it was dead. The doctor told her to stop eating pork especially BBQ pork. So I stopped eating pork too, and have had no issue since. (Moses knew not to eat pork not just because it is an unclean meat but because of the obvious health issues.) Just FYI

AspiringSage

Try eating the pork with bromelain capsules, pineapple powder, pineapple juice or pineapple slices. Depending on your preference for supplement, juice, or fruit. Many bodybuilders take bromelain capsules or drink pineapple juice to help digest excessive volumes of protein. Some will even marinade sliced meat in pineapple juice or in bromelan powder/pineapple juice.

I have never tried anything that extreme; but, I’ve experimented with bromelain and protein heavy meals to good effect - it helps digestion a lot. I also experimented with bromelain while recovering from covid/dealing with inflammation, it seemed to help speed up recovery (I’ll eventually post on my recovery experience).

Last edited:
OP
K
It's funny you mention this, as only when eating pork with pineapple is it less hard on my digestion.

lvysaur

I can eat 24 oz of steak no problem.
Strange, then it's the pork. I've always thought of pork as being a "lighter" meat, somewhere in between beef and chicken. I find it easier to digest than beef.

I remember Dadamo (the blood type guy) said something about blood type B being sensitive to chicken...but I wrote it off because he has so much actual false info on his site. If it's true then maybe this could be related to that

I'm also curious how many of the "pork non digesters" are blood type O. Because that has the highest stomach acid, (scientific fact, not just Dadamo's ramblings) and also happens to be my type

It's funny you mention this, as only when eating pork with pineapple is it less hard on my digestion.
Posts like this make me think it's somehow stomach acid related

ursidae

Strange, then it's the pork. I've always thought of pork as being a "lighter" meat, somewhere in between beef and chicken. I find it easier to digest than beef.

I remember Dadamo (the blood type guy) said something about blood type B being sensitive to chicken...but I wrote it off because he has so much actual false info on his site. If it's true then maybe this could be related to that

I'm also curious how many of the "pork non digesters" are blood type O. Because that has the highest stomach acid, (scientific fact, not just Dadamo's ramblings) and also happens to be my type

Posts like this make me think it's somehow stomach acid related
what determines it being lighter meat? Iron content?
pork is higher in fat and fat is something that puts a lot of pressure on a weak digestive system
hypochlorhydria goes hand in hand with a weak liver and pancreas/low bile output
there's even a possibility the increased stomach pH is protective as the pancreas might not be secreting bicarbonate containing fluids to neutralise the chyme as it enters the duodenum
As for blood type, the studies I've looked at have indicated slight difference between blood types and a significant difference between men and women, meaning a blood type A male has a greater output of gastric juice and lower stomach pH than a blood type O female. It's unexpected considering women should have a greater need for red meat due to their monthly blood loss during which a significant amount of iron, zinc and B vitamins is lost

Last edited:

frannybananny

Whenevr I eat uncured pork more than once a month I get gout. I can eat bacon or ham no problem but I have to remember not to eat pork loin etc.

reaching

I hate the way pork smells when you cook it. It’s almost tell you you shouldn’t eat this.

AspiringSage

Aside from bromelain capsules, pineapple powder, pineapple juice or pineapple slices that I mentioned above. Another way you might try improving pork digestion is by preparing it differently at a mechanical level. Larb is a popular way of preparing pork or chicken in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.

what is larb? || my childhood foods

Combine that preparation technique with a pineapple juice marinade and or add pineapple juice in the cooking process and see if your pork digestive issue resolves.

OP
K
Aside from bromelain capsules, pineapple powder, pineapple juice or pineapple slices that I mentioned above. Another way you might try improving pork digestion is by preparing it differently at a mechanical level. Larb is a popular way of preparing pork or chicken in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.

what is larb? || my childhood foods

Combine that preparation technique with a pineapple juice marinade and or add pineapple juice in the cooking process and see if your pork digestive issue resolves.
Thanks

Apollo posted an interesting study on page 4 in the thread below, about how non-cured pork reacts negatively in the body. All my years I thought cured pork was unhealthy, but instead it is the pork chops, pork tenderloins and pork roasts that are unhealthy ones. Yay for bacon!

Runenight201

Apollo posted an interesting study on page 4 in the thread below, about how non-cured pork reacts negatively in the body. All my years I thought cured pork was unhealthy, but instead it is the pork chops, pork tenderloins and pork roasts that are unhealthy ones. Yay for bacon!

People always say pigs are bad for us too eat, but to keep it PG my manhood is the stiffest when eating that pork. Nothing else comes close, but it could be unhealthy as I become kind of obsessive about it and engage in riskier behavior. I am cautious about how often I eat it, and most meat in general. Still looking for the perfect animal…

What I did like about Dr. Axe’s whole spiel there is about how the sweat glands are important for getting rid of toxins. One thing I’ve noted is that I’m not sweating nearly as much as I did when I was younger, probably for the worse. The whole exercise until I’m a puddle of spent sweat always left me feeling pretty euphoric from the positive endorphins that get released afterwards.

People always say pigs are bad for us too eat, but to keep it PG my manhood is the stiffest when eating that pork. Nothing else comes close, but it could be unhealthy as I become kind of obsessive about it and engage in riskier behavior. I am cautious about how often I eat it, and most meat in general. Still looking for the perfect animal…

What I did like about Dr. Axe’s whole spiel there is about how the sweat glands are important for getting rid of toxins. One thing I’ve noted is that I’m not sweating nearly as much as I did when I was younger, probably for the worse. The whole exercise until I’m a puddle of spent sweat always left me feeling pretty euphoric from the positive endorphins that get released afterwards.
I wonder what is up with you not sweating anymore?

ursidae

norepinephrine, acetylcholine and histamine are involved in sweating

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals