Anyone overcome "coffee bloat"?

Cloudhands

I’ve been thinking about this more. Why do you think coffee induces this torpor when taken too closely to a meal? Do you think it has to do with the persorption, or coffee causing some digestive interference?

I’ve noticed that milk+sugar on its own digests fine for me, it always feels light. However, sometimes coffee with the same amount of milk will lead to a heavy feeling, like it sits in the gut long afterward.
i think that the bitter components of coffee act as a digestive aid, but once youre body is already digesting food, the liquid from drinking coffee dilutes the stomach acid and buffers satiety and thermogenic signalling

Veritas IV

I’ve been thinking about this more. Why do you think coffee induces this torpor when taken too closely to a meal? Do you think it has to do with the persorption, or coffee causing some digestive interference?

I’ve noticed that milk+sugar on its own digests fine for me, it always feels light. However, sometimes coffee with the same amount of milk will lead to a heavy feeling, like it sits in the gut long afterward.
Difficult for me to say, so i'll rewind a bit.

1 regular sized cup, 1 teaspoon white sugar, regular amount of milk. Prior to Peating the effect would range from mild torpor-like to occasionally moderate. After Peating the effect has remained mild.

Then i stumbled upon the old study where they monitored three groups of workers, their diets and overall health, Irish, Scots and English laborers (i don't have the link). The researchers had harsh opinions of coffee after meals and made it sound like persorption to me, all three groups had different starch based diets.

Then i think i recall Ray saying something about Coffee and persorption after starch meals. Will try to doublecheck that.

As for digestive interference or bloat, my symptoms are a slight feeling in the belly and a numbing tired. More than a fair chance that you're right about this though.

Maybe i should experiment with black coffee, then coffee with sugar only, then coffee with milk only.

Thx for the reply!

Last edited:

Veritas IV

i think that the bitter components of coffee act as a digestive aid, but once youre body is already digesting food, the liquid from drinking coffee dilutes the stomach acid and buffers satiety and thermogenic signalling
Interesting, this will likely narrow down the search, that's if it's not the actual answer, thank you!

LadyRae

Sometimes if I can't go back to sleep around 2:00 to 3:00 a.m., I will go up and microwave some coffee and add some coconut creamer, drink a big glass of that and I will go right back to sleep for three or four hours. Works every time

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals