Area-1255 Is Finally Here

OP
Area-1255

Area-1255

Damnit dude, stop making it so hard for people to like you. You are knowledgeable so explain, don't treat people like they should know how great you are. Get outta here with this us vs them crap and use your knowledge.
I could care less if you 'like me' or not. Many appreciate my work, a few here and there don't - and I could care less. The fact of the matter is, I'm not gonna throw my hands up even if 100 come to argue, numbers mean nothing in that context. Sooner or later some of these guys will get tired, bathe in their own ignorance, and go elsewhere even though they've accomplished nothing.

Simonsays

In our narcissistic civilization, people dread not being noticed and being ignored. Modern technologies such as social networking (forums - my italics) are all about fostering a culture of mini-celebrity and garnering addictive spurts of micro-attention.

The narcissist, of course, is addicted to fame and celebrity: it is his first and predominant line of defense against the mass anonymity that characterizes modern industrial societies in our over-populated world. Being famous encompasses a few important functions: it endows the narcissist with power, provides him with a constant Source of Narcissistic Supply (admiration, adoration, approval, awe), and fulfils important Ego functions.

The image that the narcissist projects is hurled back at him, reflected by those exposed to his celebrity or fame. This way he feels alive, his very existence is affirmed and he acquires a sensation of clear boundaries (where the narcissist ends and the world begins).

There is a set of narcissistic behaviours typical to the pursuit of celebrity. There is almost nothing that the narcissist refrains from doing, almost no borders that he hesitates to cross to achieve renown. To him, there is no such thing as "bad publicity" – what matters is to be in the public eye.

Because the narcissist equally enjoys all types of attention and likes as much to be feared as to be loved, for instance – he doesn't mind if what is published about him is wrong ("as long as they spell my name correctly"). The narcissist's only bad emotional stretches are during periods of lack of attention, publicity, or exposure.

The narcissist then feels empty, hollowed out, negligible, humiliated, wrathful, discriminated against, deprived, neglected, treated unjustly and so on. At first, he tries to obtain attention from ever narrowing groups of reference ("supply scale down"). But the feeling that he is compromising gnaws at his anyhow fragile self-esteem.

Sooner or later, the spring bursts. The narcissist plots, contrives, plans, conspires, thinks, analyses, synthesises and does whatever else is necessary to regain the lost exposure in the public eye. The more he fails to secure the attention of the target group (always the largest) – the more daring, eccentric and outlandish he becomes. Firm decision to become known is transformed into resolute action and then to a panicky pattern of attention seeking behaviours.

The narcissist is not really interested in publicity per se. Narcissists are misleading. The narcissist appears to love himself – and, really, he abhors himself. Similarly, he appears to be interested in becoming a celebrity – and, in reality, he is concerned with the REACTIONS to his fame: people watch him, notice him, talk about him, debate his actions – therefore he exists.

The narcissist goes around "hunting and collecting" the way the expressions on people's faces change when they notice him. He places himself at the centre of attention, or even as a figure of controversy. He constantly and recurrently pesters those nearest and dearest to him in a bid to reassure himself that he is not losing his fame, his magic touch, the attention of his social milieu.

Truly, the narcissist is not choosy. If he can become famous as a writer – he writes, if as a businessman – he conducts business. He switches from one field to the other with ease and without remorse because in all of them he is present without conviction, bar the conviction that he must (and deserves to) get famous.

He grades activities, hobbies and people not according to the pleasure that they give him – but according to their utility: can they or can't they make him known and, if so, to what extent. The narcissist is one-track minded (not to say obsessive). His is a world of black (being unknown and deprived of attention) and white (being famous and celebrated).

Remind you of anyone Jason?? NPD is a horrible lifelong condition and i can sympathise, as i suffer from some traits.

From a low

OP
Area-1255

Area-1255

which promotes arguably useless supplements.
Is that why there are literally hundreds of positive reviews on every product listed on that, site.
In our narcissistic civilization, people dread not being noticed and being ignored. Modern technologies such as social networking (forums - my italics) are all about fostering a culture of mini-celebrity and garnering addictive spurts of micro-attention.

The narcissist, of course, is addicted to fame and celebrity: it is his first and predominant line of defense against the mass anonymity that characterizes modern industrial societies in our over-populated world. Being famous encompasses a few important functions: it endows the narcissist with power, provides him with a constant Source of Narcissistic Supply (admiration, adoration, approval, awe), and fulfils important Ego functions.
The image that the narcissist projects is hurled back at him, reflected by those exposed to his celebrity or fame. This way he feels alive, his very existence is affirmed and he acquires a sensation of clear boundaries (where the narcissist ends and the world begins).
There is a set of narcissistic behaviours typical to the pursuit of celebrity. There is almost nothing that the narcissist refrains from doing, almost no borders that he hesitates to cross to achieve renown. To him, there is no such thing as "bad publicity" – what matters is to be in the public eye.
Because the narcissist equally enjoys all types of attention and likes as much to be feared as to be loved, for instance – he doesn't mind if what is published about him is wrong ("as long as they spell my name correctly"). The narcissist's only bad emotional stretches are during periods of lack of attention, publicity, or exposure.
The narcissist then feels empty, hollowed out, negligible, humiliated, wrathful, discriminated against, deprived, neglected, treated unjustly and so on. At first, he tries to obtain attention from ever narrowing groups of reference ("supply scale down"). But the feeling that he is compromising gnaws at his anyhow fragile self-esteem.
Sooner or later, the spring bursts. The narcissist plots, contrives, plans, conspires, thinks, analyses, synthesises and does whatever else is necessary to regain the lost exposure in the public eye. The more he fails to secure the attention of the target group (always the largest) – the more daring, eccentric and outlandish he becomes. Firm decision to become known is transformed into resolute action and then to a panicky pattern of attention seeking behaviours.
The narcissist is not really interested in publicity per se. Narcissists are misleading. The narcissist appears to love himself – and, really, he abhors himself. Similarly, he appears to be interested in becoming a celebrity – and, in reality, he is concerned with the
REACTIONS to his fame: people watch him, notice him, talk about him, debate his actions – therefore he exists.
The narcissist goes around "hunting and collecting" the way the expressions on people's faces change when they notice him. He places himself at the centre of attention, or even as a figure of controversy. He constantly and recurrently pesters those nearest and dearest to him in a bid to reassure himself that he is not losing his fame, his magic touch, the attention of his social milieu.
Truly, the narcissist is not choosy. If he can become famous as a writer – he writes, if as a businessman – he conducts business. He switches from one field to the other with ease and without remorse because in all of them he is present without conviction, bar the conviction that he must (and deserves to) get famous.
He grades activities, hobbies and people not according to the pleasure that they give him – but according to their utility: can they or can't they make him known and, if so, to what extent. The narcissist is one-track minded (not to say obsessive). His is a world of black (being unknown and deprived of attention) and white (being famous and celebrated).

Remind you of anyone Jason?? NPD is a horrible lifelong condition and i can sympathise, as i suffer from some traits.

From a low

It reminds me of a good majority of people in the modern day. Everyone has some degree of narcissistic traits at some point in their life, but it doesn't become a disorder unless it is negatively impacting or otherwise diminishing the quality of his / her own life or those around him. Now isn't that irony?

It also doesn't show any sort of morale on your end either, other than you showing off a simple psychological definition and showing that you have skimmed through the DSM.

It's also pretty hard to profile people through the computer if you can't access their history or childhood.

aquaman

So looks like it's 6 against 5 here, and I'm ahead. Nice try, though. :rolleyes:
If you all wanna step it up a notch, you'll see how intense my support can get. ;):spades:

Truly interesting to watch you continue to burn yourself to the ground.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

;);););););)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

OP
Area-1255

Area-1255

Lmao this thread
These guys are clearly trolls, it's not the first time it's happened. Years back one of my threads running a group buy was hijacked by Java trolls who tried infecting the posts with pokemon wallpapers (a silly java hack), until each of them were banned and their code was eventually removed.

OP
Area-1255

Area-1255

You do realize every time you post, you are increasingly feeding those watching this thread, exactly what they want? Who do you think runs this show, who do you think moderates this forum? :smuggrin:

aquaman

A PM from Area-1255 I got earlier:

"It's over buddy, you are caught.
We know who you are conversing with and this is a co-op between you and CSP."

Paranoia much?

Admins - Is it possible to block people on the board?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

NathanK

Lol. @cantstoppeating. @Simonsays Thanks for the post. Nice work @Tarmander

@Area-1255, I dont know who you are, but it seems you relish the attention. I have read some of your articles, which seem to have sprouted up around here. Your self perception doesnt seem to match my perception of you or your site. Maybe there is more to you or your site that I am missing, but I dont have the time to try to make your site part of my cache of interesting things to read on the internet.

If you desire respect, then that is something earned by our community in which you started your thread. If you are not commanding the respect you think you deserve then I recommend looking at yourself and not blaming the environment or long standing posters. That being said, it sounds like you are getting exactly the response you want.

Your initial approach to break the mold and establish yourself as an authority reminds me of a post an old buddy wrote 11 years ago: Social Engineering : How to Infiltrate a Community - Tynan

If you want to contribute to the forum, just do it. No introduction needed. Hopefully your input holds weight and is also open to scrutiny in as much as any praise. Until then, you havent earned any praise, which you think you have already earned by creating a user name.
:hattip

L

lollipop

I must say this thread has descended to...I do not even have a name for it.

Disappointed.

It reminds me of nannying my niece when she was 4 and 5 yrs old and having to referee problems between young boys on the public park playground equipment.

I remember a zen quote here (paraphrased as best as my memory):

"Be yourself, life will give you honest feedback."

Must agree with @Tarmander
...stop making it so hard for people to like you. You are knowledgeable so explain, don't treat people like they should know how great you are. Get outta here with this us vs them crap and use your knowledge.

Milky

I could care less if you 'like me' or not. Many appreciate my work, a few here and there don't - and I could care less.

Not knowing how to say "I couldn't care less" says it all.

OP
Area-1255

Area-1255

Lol. Nice work @cantstoppeating. @Simonsays Thanks for the post.

@Area-1255, I dont know who you are, but it seems you relish the attention. I have read some of your articles, which seem to have sprouted up around here. Your self perception doesnt seem to match my perception of you or your site. Maybe there is more to you or your site that I am missing, but I dont have the time to try to make your site part of my cache of interesting things to read on the internet.

If you desire respect, then that is something earned by our community in which you started your thread. If you are not commanding the respect you think you deserve then I recommend looking at yourself and not blaming the environment or long standing posters. That being said, it sounds like you are getting exactly the response you want.

Your initial approach to break the mold and establish yourself as an authority reminds me of a post an old buddy wrote 11 years ago: Social Engineering : How to Infiltrate a Community - Tynan

If you want to contribute to the forum, just do it. No introduction needed. Hopefully your input holds weight and is also open to scrutiny in as much as any praise. Until then, you havent earned any praise, which you think you have already earned by creating a user name.
:hattip
So you are a few people who have your own opinions, and yet, thousands agree with my points. You are just a few people out of those thousands who appreciate the research our organization has done. So again, I could care less. I have respect throughout, I have respect in my career, I don't need the approval of every or any one of you. That being said, even here as you can see, there are many who admire my work. Why it is you have taken it upon yourselves to form a team of ignorance, when you haven't even been able to locate the offending entity or seem to ignore the fact that someone elses posts were clearly provocative. Most of my posts were either informative, or defensive, why you have ignored that is beyond me.

Either way, I'm not going anywhere. Nobody's going to run me away from the site, and nobody is going to stop me from responding or participating in threads.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals