At my wits end - severe lifelong ADHD turned into debilitating fatigue

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
@Healthseeker

Sorry for calling you demonic that was uncalled for.

I think once my membership runs out i’ll just take a break for some months. EAT what I CRAVE even if it has a bit pufa. Just no frying in seed oil. Fix digestion and gut. Take zinc and copper. Start growing vegetables in the sun again. In fact around august 2023 I was just taking zinc and vit C and felt great. Even though I was basically drinking PUFA and eating fish and chips and all sorts of rubbish.

Healthseeker

No problem. I understand how it is. And, I probably am a demon. I mean we all have soul, right. Something keeps me going despite everything, its probably that.

Alpha

View attachment 61278
Is it possible to develop traits like this from a bad childhood? I know ADHD has some overlap with psychopathy am I just stressing? I mean I can relate to so many of those traits on that list it makes me worried.

When I was taking the ADHD medication and it gave me some social awareness I immediately started seeing what I could get away with saying and doing to people. Now it just makes me cringe. IS IT THE DRUG that did this to me?

Can this sort of thing be reversed with good food and caring for my plants and animals? Last night I found myself skipping like I did when I was a child after eating my organic cereal. Today I had my cereal with some raw milk and its really feeling like its doing something in my body.
What medications did you take and at what ages and for how long?

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
The benzos and ssri aside, how was your experience with Vyvanse? What were your symptoms to begin with?
Good impulse control and calmer but it just made me feel so lazy honestly I'd just lay in bed all day on it. Although sometimes it would give me an adrenaline rush.

The only reason I went on it was 'psychiatrists' and 'counsellors' telling me ADHD is a 'medical problem' and that it will never go away. People used my proof of the reaction to the drug as a sign I'm inherently genetically inferior and that nothing can be done for me. I've literally been told that by people.

Alpha

Good impulse control and calmer but it just made me feel so lazy honestly I'd just lay in bed all day on it. Although sometimes it would give me an adrenaline rush.

The only reason I went on it was 'psychiatrists' and 'counsellors' telling me ADHD is a 'medical problem' and that it will never go away. People used my proof of the reaction to the drug as a sign I'm inherently genetically inferior and that nothing can be done for me. I've literally been told that by people.

I still don't know what symptoms did you have to get an ADHD diagnosis and why did you stop?

Stimulants can sometimes make people calmer and more relaxed and lower energy, counterintuitively, but that only happens with people who have ADHD, which you seem to have based on your reaction. That goes away and normalizes with time. It's also better to take it with food, and cut out all caffeine
/nicotine while on it. If that doesn't work, adding wellbutrin usually helps a lot.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
I still don't know what symptoms did you have to get an ADHD diagnosis and why did you stop?

Stimulants can sometimes make people calmer and more relaxed and lower energy, counterintuitively, but that only happens with people who have ADHD, which you seem to have based on your reaction. That goes away and normalizes with time. It's also better to take it with food, and cut out all caffeine
/nicotine while on it. If that doesn't work, adding wellbutrin usually helps a lot.
Original symptoms were innatention and impulsivity as well as just being hyper but I think a lot of it comes down to a lack of energy in the brain body. Also it makes your anxiety worse long term. Also gave me an irregular pulse. These drugs are very harmful. I also think it ironically made more copper accumulate in the body. I think amphetamines must be estrogenic too. They gave me fat legs which I have never had before.

It did also help me sleep at first but I know these drugs aren't the solution.

Alpha

Original symptoms were innatention and impulsivity as well as just being hyper but I think a lot of it comes down to a lack of energy in the brain body. Also it makes your anxiety worse long term. Also gave me an irregular pulse. These drugs are very harmful. I also think it ironically made more copper accumulate in the body. I think amphetamines must be estrogenic too. They gave me fat legs which I have never had before.

It did also help me sleep at first but I know these drugs aren't the solution.
ADHD can be thought of as a metabolic dysfunction of the brain, that is true. But it is very much a real diagnosis signifiying a deficit in executive functioning of the frontal lobe, and the motivational reward pathway of the nucleus accumbens. Not everyone feels better from amps, they might need methylphenidate and vice versa, you have to experiment with your psychiatrist and find the right medication and dose for you.

Amphetamines are the opposite of estrogenic, they speed up metabolism and suppress prolactin. The fat legs is an odd thing and for sure not a side effect of amps, unless its exacerbating an existing heart condition.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
ADHD can be thought of as a metabolic dysfunction of the brain, that is true. But it is very much a real diagnosis signifiying a deficit in executive functioning of the frontal lobe, and the motivational reward pathway of the nucleus accumbens. Not everyone feels better from amps, they might need methylphenidate and vice versa, you have to experiment with your psychiatrist and find the right medication and dose for you.

Amphetamines are the opposite of estrogenic, they speed up metabolism and suppress prolactin. The fat legs is an odd thing and for sure not a side effect of amps, unless its exacerbating an existing heart condition.
No I also got love handles and a fat tomach from them. I have always had poor digestion. You can't speed up metabolism if theres no nutrients to burn. It makes no sense to take them if I'm partially starved.

If I'm copper toxic it makes no sense to take amphetamine. It makes the racing thoughts 10x worse when I'm in public. Zinc can be the same as methylphenidate, it does the same thing in the brain. It makes no sense to take a drug that drains your cells.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
I put on all the weight AFTER I went off it I was literally craving the most disgusting food ever possible, and it totally ruined my digestion.

Alpha

No I also got love handles and a fat tomach from them. I have always had poor digestion. You can't speed up metabolism if theres no nutrients to burn. It makes no sense to take them if I'm partially starved.

If I'm copper toxic it makes no sense to take amphetamine. It makes the racing thoughts 10x worse when I'm in public. Zinc can be the same as methylphenidate, it does the same thing in the brain. It makes no sense to take a drug that drains your cells.
You are just saying word salads that have no scientific background.

Vyvanse did not give you a "fat stomach" or "love handles", it is literally impossible. What you typically see from cocaine or methamphetamine users is they lose a lot of weight and look hollow under their cheekbones. What instead happened is it improved your environmental awareness and attention, and you realized how fat you were when you didn't realize before.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
You are just saying word salads that have no scientific background.

Vyvanse did not give you a "fat stomach" or "love handles", it is literally impossible. What you typically see from cocaine or methamphetamine users is they lose a lot of weight and look hollow under their cheekbones. What instead happened is it improved your environmental awareness and attention, and you realized how fat you were when you didn't realize before.
I lost an insane amount of weight on them. When I went off I have just been constantly hungry. I already had poor digestion and these drugs were ramping my anxiety up through the roof. Although not on all days. Some days I'd be calmer and some not. Now my digestion is awful.

Alpha

I lost an insane amount of weight on them. When I went off I have just been constantly hungry. I already had poor digestion and these drugs were ramping my anxiety up through the roof. Although not on all days. Some days I'd be calmer and some not. Now my digestion is awful.

You had a rebound because you didn't taper off, that is expected, you probably went back to baseline weight.

Anxiety is something that usually improves with time, it is important like I said before, to avoid caffeine, nicotine, and to take it with food, ideally early in the day, and to exercise a few times a week.

As far as digestion goes, "made my digestion worse" is not a diagnosis, what exactly was worse? DIgestion is a biochemical and mechanical process, what has been made worse?

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
You had a rebound because you didn't taper off, that is expected, you probably went back to baseline weight.

Anxiety is something that usually improves with time, it is important like I said before, to avoid caffeine, nicotine, and to take it with food, ideally early in the day, and to exercise a few times a week.

As far as digestion goes, "made my digestion worse" is not a diagnosis, what exactly was worse? DIgestion is a biochemical and mechanical process, what has been made worse?
I wasn't chubby before lol. Before I could run and climb and do all sorts. Now I'm very fatigued all the time, Also why do I need a diagnosis if I can feel my body and food sat in my stomach. I am too fatigued to exercise anymore. These drugs really drain your body of something in a fundamental way and I know it. I only crave the most nutritious food now. Animal organs and meats and wholegrains recently mostly for some reason but it changes a lot depending on what I need.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
@Alpha

I literally don't get why you would tell a young person they are just bullshitting themselves and they need to try harder and that what they saw with their own eyes doesn't matter. I don't want to become more of a biochemical disaster so I'd rather not just do those sorts of things anymore. You are telling me to do what got me here in the first place.

I tried taking the medication with food. It makes zero difference. I'd be really hungry when I went off and I'd crave junk food which is all you can eat when you are like that. Now I don't even like the smell of vegetable oils.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
@Alpha

Literally don't care what you have to say anymore every single person on this thread has slowly made my life better now you try set me back. Don't post on my thread again.

Alpha

@Alpha

Literally don't care what you have to say anymore every single person on this thread has slowly made my life better now you try set me back. Don't post on my thread again.
You gotta get a grip, emotional dysregulation is a hallmark of ADHD. Just giving you good advice, medication can improve quality of life. There is no evidence in RCT or a mechanistic explanation for why Lisdexamfetamine can cause any of that, and besides, you seem to have experienced all of your issues after stopping, not during.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals