Becoming A Man With Peat And Haidut

HumanLife

Congratulations on your transformation Tyler! Your results will definitely help encourage more people to be accepting of Ray Peat's principles like on thyroid, sugar, serotonin and progesterone.

What do you eat during the day at your work? I find it hard to keep something with me to take while I am out so I do not binge on something from a shop.

cremes

This isn't possible. I have been reliably told by many internet experts that there are no Ray Peat success stories.

/sarc

Mauritio

Wow @tyler ! This must be one of the most impressive transformations I have seen. I remember seeing your post when I was new on the forum, normally people like you dont come back, so I appreciate that. Im sure that will give so much hope to young guys who are just ****88 by the system in so many ways.

I was wondering why you kept Vitamin K as one of your daily supplements and what dosage you take ?

OP
tyler

tyler

Wow @tyler ! This must be one of the most impressive transformations I have seen. I remember seeing your post when I was new on the forum, normally people like you dont come back, so I appreciate that. Im sure that will give so much hope to young guys who are just ****88 by the system in so many ways.

I was wondering why you kept Vitamin K as one of your daily supplements and what dosage you take ?
Thanks dawg, happy to share my experience.

I've always felt a noticeable difference taking k2 when compared to not, and those benefits are great (libido, strength, muscle fullness, teeth quality, etc). I use about 6mg topically, daily. Usually in the morning, as I've noticed it can stimulate me a bit and reduce sleep quality when i take it in the evenings. I use the idealabs product.

Ismail

Progesterone improved the quality of my sleep dramatically, also notice reduced water retention, and a pro-libido effect. It continues to be a very powerful anti-stress agent for me. So I kept it in my routine. I use it 3-5 times per week, 5mg and under, before bed.
Absolutely amazing transformation!!!

Congratulations for not giving up and thank you for coming back to share your update and story, very much appreciated!

Which brand of progesterone are you taking? Are you taking it topically? 🙏

youngsinatra

I've always felt a noticeable difference taking k2 when compared to not, and those benefits are great (libido, strength, muscle fullness, teeth quality, etc). I use about 6mg topically, daily. Usually in the morning, as I've noticed it can stimulate me a bit and reduce sleep quality when i take it in the evenings. I use the idealabs product.
Do you apply topical K2 on your testicles or on other areas?

Very inspiring transformation, good to see how well you are doing!

I strongly suspect BJJ in particular is a powerful psychological stimulus for testosterone production... it is the closest thing to a real fight most people will ever experience.

Mauritio

thanks! I get similar effects from Vitamin K ,its my favorite idealabs product (along with magnoil).

OP
tyler

tyler

Congratulations on your transformation Tyler! Your results will definitely help encourage more people to be accepting of Ray Peat's principles like on thyroid, sugar, serotonin and progesterone.

What do you eat during the day at your work? I find it hard to keep something with me to take while I am out so I do not binge on something from a shop.
My on the go meal is usually a shake in a big thermos (milk, oj, fruit, egg yolks, sugar).
Absolutely amazing transformation!!!

Congratulations for not giving up and thank you for coming back to share your update and story, very much appreciated!

Which brand of progesterone are you taking? Are you taking it topically? 🙏
Thank you - I currently use progestene from idea labs but have had good effects from progest-e and luna oil from ona's natural.
Do you apply topical K2 on your testicles or on other areas?
Alternate between taking it orally and topically on my nutsack.
Very inspiring transformation, good to see how well you are doing!

I strongly suspect BJJ in particular is a powerful psychological stimulus for testosterone production... it is the closest thing to a real fight most people will ever experience.
Thanks man, couldn't agree more. The psychological/physiological shift from how I feel on my way to bjj to finishing a bjj training session is one of the most profound things i've ever experienced.

Roni123@

My on the go meal is usually a shake in a big thermos (milk, oj, fruit, egg yolks, sugar).

Thank you - I currently use progestene from idea labs but have had good effects from progest-e and luna oil from ona's natural.

Alternate between taking it orally and topically on my nutsack.

Thanks man, couldn't agree more. The psychological/physiological shift from how I feel on my way to bjj to finishing a bjj training session is one of the most profound things i've ever experienced.

Hello brother, I don't want to bother you.

Did it take you a while to start seeing results such as motivation and energy? I was coming from low fat and a lot of carbohydrates, but I can't have the energy.... I'm thinking about adding more butter to my potatoes and eating meat.

Have you noticed any increase in the looks of women desiring you?

Brother, the last question, did your face take a while to become more beautiful?

Explorer

Interesting, your total T was in 200s zone and u have a noticable naval hair line stripe while mine is usually in 500s but I have way less body stomach hair overall, seems like body and facial hair may not be related to pure androgen levels as even some women with PCOS only with 50ng/dl grew full thick beards quite fast and those buzzfeed guys with T in 200s

My friend got total T in 1500ng/dl by 25mg DHEA daily and still didn't grow much facial hair

Mossy

My friend got total T in 1500ng/dl by 25mg DHEA daily and still didn't grow much facial hair
This is totally by memory, but I believe it was on this forum where I read DHT is a bigger factor in beard growth. Maybe I recall that incorrectly, but I'm pretty certain I read that.

Explorer

This is totally by memory, but I believe it was on this forum where I read DHT is a bigger factor in beard growth. Maybe I recall that incorrectly, but I'm pretty certain I read that.
I know that but I don't think I have low DHT either as my penis grew to 8 inches during puberty and I never had gyno or anything like that which may be lower DHT/unopposed estrogen related yet my first facial hair only appeared at 17 and I do have many hairs on chest and stomach but they are only visible in stronger lighting and are in that light colored vellus stage although there are a plenty of them they haven't matured/grown long enough to be noticable

I'm blondeish/strawberry blonde/light brown haired though so maybe it contributes to the whatever body/facial hair I have to seeming less due to a lighter tone

Also high histamine can slow body-facial hair growth (I read it in one of @Hans articles) on the beard thread a guy says Cyproheptadine boosted his beard grow so there may be something to it as I often have had high histamine type signs e.g. random stuffy nose/mucus production that drips in neck and pieces of dry-ish mucus after sleep that can be pulled out, tendency to misophonia/easy nerve irritation (if not mistaken histamine similar to glutamate/adrenaline/etc. promotes more neuroexcitory neurological-personality profile) and so on

Explorer

Things that never happened.
He showed a blood test and I have no reason to not believe him as he's also a biohacker aspergic type and has told the truth but he also did other stuff like Peaty type eating and took K2 and a lot of stuff combined so he says he has no idea if DHEA itself contributed to it or all of the things he was doing

I usually test total T in 500s range and despite it my body/facial hair growth is stilll slow-ish but my cortisol was above reference range in a blood test and I have had misophonia/more sensitive nervous system for years so I assume this domino effect of having aspergers-like nervous system characterics contributes to me getting stressed out easier and then the high cortisol may be blocking full androgenicity from occuring despite decent serum levels and also lowering serum androgens themselves

On the same test I got above ref range cortisol at 9am my DHEA-SO4 was on the lower end too so the cortisol may be depleting base hormones needed for maximum androgen potential

For some reason people on public forums especially those with a more neurotypical lower openness type neuroprofile tend to be more sceptical/cynical

akgrrrl

Hey, the commercial fishermen and Alaska Railroaders I know here that find theselves 12 hrs away from civilization all pack beef jerky and salmon jerky, individ wrap cheesesticks, and high quality chocolate. Also powdered green tea like matcha, and premium sugared/ground ginger to make hot drinks

HumanLife

Milk and orange juice mixed together? I am surprised to hear that considering how often I am told they cause stomach issues. Will try it out a bit out of curiosity.
Hey, the commercial fishermen and Alaska Railroaders I know here that find theselves 12 hrs away from civilization all pack beef jerky and salmon jerky, individ wrap cheesesticks, and high quality chocolate. Also powdered green tea like matcha, and premium sugared/ground ginger to make hot drinks
That all sounds so good and tasty!! Thank you for the tip!

akgrrrl

Milk and orange juice mixed together? I am surprised to hear that considering how often I am told they cause stomach issues. Will try it out a bit out of curiosity.

That all sounds so good and tasty!! Thank you for the tip!
Tyler is teaching you how to make an "Orange Julius" ! Before smoothies were popular, you could find them in store malls made with powdered egg white, sugar, oj and milk. Somehow I am thinking that came out of CA, but at any rate that was when you could find them in malls with REAL cream/eggs/sugar/vanilla ice cream shops, not the fake 18ingredient junk labeled as such for the current gens, who mostly do not care.

Mossy

I know that but I don't think I have low DHT either as my penis grew to 8 inches during puberty and I never had gyno or anything like that which may be lower DHT/unopposed estrogen related yet my first facial hair only appeared at 17 and I do have many hairs on chest and stomach but they are only visible in stronger lighting and are in that light colored vellus stage although there are a plenty of them they haven't matured/grown long enough to be noticable

I'm blondeish/strawberry blonde/light brown haired though so maybe it contributes to the whatever body/facial hair I have to seeming less due to a lighter tone

Also high histamine can slow body-facial hair growth (I read it in one of @Hans articles) on the beard thread a guy says Cyproheptadine boosted his beard grow so there may be something to it as I often have had high histamine type signs e.g. random stuffy nose/mucus production that drips in neck and pieces of dry-ish mucus after sleep that can be pulled out, tendency to misophonia/easy nerve irritation (if not mistaken histamine similar to glutamate/adrenaline/etc. promotes more neuroexcitory neurological-personality profile) and so on
Hmm, then beyond the DHT, it must be some other factor, as you say. Also, maybe some genetic traits are at play.

jet9

What’s up dawgs.

Long time no post.. its been about 6 years since my last post here. About time for an update.

I’m 29 now, and a completely different man than the sad boy who originally created this thread 7 years ago.

Sorry to all the people who have messaged me and asked questions. If you’re still around and looking to chat, feel free to hit me up.

Anyway, I’m sitting very comfortably under my bioenergetic umbrella amidst the shitstorm that is the state of the world. Every day is the new greatest I’ve ever felt (which is not to say I don’t still have setbacks). I’ve been lucky enough to have the opportunity to help some other people with Ray’s research and philosophies the past few years too. Full circle.

I’ve since completely recovered my health - especially hormonally. I’ve been using many of the same principles I originally shared. To this day I’ve continued my own research independently and haven’t stopped experimenting. Various foods, ways of eating, eating windows, supplements, compounds, lifestyle practices, training regimens, etc. I’ll tell you what - maintenance is far easier and way more fun than recovery. Sending power to all of you in a dark place. Hope my experience can serve as some light to you.

My current total testosterone sits between 930-1200, and has been up in this range since 2018. Wild to consider I was once at 130, especially as a 21 year old. Stoked to be on the other side. My most recent test reading below.

View attachment 55681

My thyroid status, estrogen, prolactin, vitamin D, and all other markers remain in good standing also. I get blood work twice per year, but symptoms are far more important to me.

Beyond the dietary measures, addressing my lifestyle was a huge turning point for me. Changing my job to something much less stressful and time consuming was what took my wellbeing to the next level. Moving to a place with more sun and maximizing sun exposure was also a massive step forward. Reading Hans Selye and releasing the burden of other stress in my life (relationships, environments, etc) was as important, if not more, than diet. I wish I focused on this sooner.

I currently sit at 180 lbs and am slowly increasing in weight. My body composition is fairy lean and has pretty much stayed this way throughout my journey. I continue to put on muscle without doing much, if any, hypertrophy training. My facial structure has shifted dramatically along with the size and shape of my muscle bellies.

View attachment 55682

Most of my physical activity comes in the form of sports - surfing, BJJ, skating, and snowboarding. Outside of that my training is primarily mobility/parts focused with some maximal strength work. (FRC anyone?) Avoiding over-training was also huge in my recovery and still is to this day- my main setbacks come from very large bouts of physical activity. My focus as of recently has been nutrition in regards to athletic performance so I can avoid these setbacks whilst continuing to improve and push myself in my athletics.

My macros and caloric intake are largely intuitive at this point. I haven’t tracked in awhile but if I was to guess, I would say its 50% carbs, 35% fat, and 15% protein. I pretty much eat whatever I *feel* like eating in regards to amounts and macros, and feel best doing it this way. (I think achieving this level of intuition is wildly important) For me, it tends to be high carb, high-ish fat, and relatively low/moderate protein. I can lean out super drastically if I lower fat, but I feel best on a higher fat diet from all other standpoints (sleep, libido, stamina, athletic performance, strength, mood, confidence, digestion, skin health, etc) so I usually stay there.

My diet revolves around milk, cheese, maple syrup, cane sugar, espresso, fruits, coconut water, juice (orange and grape), mushrooms, eggs, connective tissue, oysters, and occasional muscle meat. Sugar benefits me more than starches, but I will eat a serving of starches daily. Potatoes, rice, coconut oil potato chips, and traditional corn tortillas. I eat most in the morning, and less and less throughout the day.

Daily supplements are thyroid, vitamin K, and progesterone. Frequently use aspirin, cyproheptadine, B1, magnesium, vit E, vit D, glycine, and taurine. But I’m always experimenting with others too.

Anyway, that’s all. sending love and power to you all.
How does your breakfast look like?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals