Began To Eat According To Ray Peat = Weird Effects On My Body

OP
M

max9505672

Both starch and sugar can feed bacteria in the gut and cause overgrowth, leading to milk intolerance. It might be worth trying a course of antibiotics to see if it helps your indigestion.
Do you have any suggestion of antibiotics? Do I need a doctor's prescription?

Any good thread on this subject?

kiran

Peat recommends Amoxicillin or Minocycline.

You should look into SIBO on this forum, and perhaps google for it as well.

EIRE24

I wonder if you have gut overgrowth. I'll bet your carb consumption increased after starting peat. Carrot salad, mushrooms or even a course of antibiotics might help.
I suspect this was my problem. I don't think any of the above helped in the slightest though

OP
M

max9505672

I wonder if you have gut overgrowth. I'll bet your carb consumption increased after starting peat. Carrot salad, mushrooms or even a course of antibiotics might help.
I'm sorry, sometimes I do not think...

I actually take 100mg Doxycyxline daily (which is a antibiotic) prescribed for inflammatory acne. I've been taking it for about 1.5 years.

At that time, my dermatologist also suggested to lower dairy intake which, according to him, are a direct cause of acne. Funny fact is since my milk intake 2 days ago, 3 new acne pimples just popped out...

Could this all be related to poor gut health?

kiran

Could this all be related to poor gut health?

You could handle milk before going Peat, and you can't now.
Could it be the carrot salad or mushrooms? Both irritate my gut.
This is a wild guess, but could it be the synthroid?

OP
M

max9505672

Honestly I have absolutely no clue... I'm at a point right now where I feel like everything affect everything and it's getting hard to understand how all of this works..

EIRE24

You say they both irritate your gut but recommended them above? I don't think either the carrot or mushrooms would directly help with clearing acne in my opinion.

kiran

You say they both irritate your gut but recommended them above? I don't think either the carrot or mushrooms would directly help with clearing acne in my opinion.

Its complicated. I used to eat a daily carrot salad a while ago, but I couldn't tolerate it when my gut was bad due to unrelated circumstances.
Both should help in dealing with SIBO.

EIRE24

Its complicated. I used to eat a daily carrot salad a while ago, but I couldn't tolerate it when my gut was bad due to unrelated circumstances.
Both should help in dealing with SIBO.
What was up with your gut? So what kind of foods do you eat now if your gut is giving you trouble?

kiran

What was up with your gut? So what kind of foods do you eat now if your gut is giving you trouble?

My diet went off the rails for a bit, and I had a nasty infection in the gut which was helped by minocycline.
I'm more serious again, and carrot salad seems to work ok now that the antibiotics have done something.

I'm more strict avoiding all the fiber.

OP
M

max9505672

Here are my liver blood results:

2vs5htz.jpg

Seems like Bilirubine is high. (Some words might be in french)

blackkzeus

I've been having the same issues. For the past 2 weeks I've been waking up in the middle of the night feeling very hot, hungry and thirsty.

It started when I began to eat more. I upped my caloric intake maybe like a 1000 calories.
I can't tolerate milk, dairy, and fruit so I dont eat those. Basically, I eat alot of rice, pototoes, muscle meat, fish,
protein shakes and cookies.

Waynish

What if you try reducing carbs at night, and also adding some herbs which reduce bacteria in the small intestine?

OP
M

max9505672

Ok guys, thanks for everybody's help but I think I might need it again.

Since last waking up with sweats and hunger episodes, I've stopped milk and never had anymore of them.

Since then, I completely stopped other dairy products (cheese, cream) thinking they were the cause of my acne. I also stopped taking the antibiotics (Doxycycline) thinking I don't need them anymore without dairy. Since then, I've had couple more episodes of those night sweats and hunger.

Any opinion on what could cause those strange episodes? Looks like there's a correlation with the antobiotics. Could this hide any digestion/GI/gut problem?

I might take the antibiotics back to see if the episodes disappear again..

thms

Ok guys, thanks for everybody's help but I think I might need it again.

Since last waking up with sweats and hunger episodes, I've stopped milk and never had anymore of them.

Since then, I completely stopped other dairy products (cheese, cream) thinking they were the cause of my acne. I also stopped taking the antibiotics (Doxycycline) thinking I don't need them anymore without dairy. Since then, I've had couple more episodes of those night sweats and hunger.

Any opinion on what could cause those strange episodes? Looks like there's a correlation with the antobiotics. Could this hide any digestion/GI/gut problem?

I might take the antibiotics back to see if the episodes disappear again..

Any updates??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals