Big/distended Stomach, Not Fat Or Gas

pro marker

a year ago i went on a keto diet for a few months and my stomach just suddenly became big. like way bigger than normal. its not fat and i have no gas. i switched to a carnivore diet for a few months, then an aajounous raw primal style diet before transferring to a peat like diet. throughout this whole journey my belly has stayed big. it feels very uncomfortable and i have no idea what happening. does anybody have any idea what this could be? did i ruin my stomach by eating to much at once during my idiotic omad period? my stomach is a little bit less bloated in the mornings, but as soon as i eat ANYTHING, its like all my stomach muscles turn off and my stomach just falls out. im pretty skinny otherwise, not a lot of fat. please help me its driving me nuts.

tara

How big? Have you assessed that no untoward mass has developed?

Tarmander

Your microbiome is probably just unbalanced

bunch of stuff you can try. Make sure you give whatever youre trying at least a week to 10 days:

Neem
Tulsi
Haritaki
Mutaflor
Lumbrokinase
Berberine
Bifido only probiotic
Oregano oil
Olive leaf

OP
P

pro marker

How big? Have you assessed that no untoward mass has developed?
i mean if you look at it from the side its twice as big as it was before. dont know what you mean by "untoward mass"

OP
P

pro marker

Your microbiome is probably just unbalanced

bunch of stuff you can try. Make sure you give whatever youre trying at least a week to 10 days:

Neem
Tulsi
Haritaki
Mutaflor
Lumbrokinase
Berberine
Bifido only probiotic
Oregano oil
Olive leaf

why would an unbalanced microbiome cause a bloated stomach? i feel like my intestines are swollen.

EIRE24

a year ago i went on a keto diet for a few months and my stomach just suddenly became big. like way bigger than normal. its not fat and i have no gas. i switched to a carnivore diet for a few months, then an aajounous raw primal style diet before transferring to a peat like diet. throughout this whole journey my belly has stayed big. it feels very uncomfortable and i have no idea what happening. does anybody have any idea what this could be? did i ruin my stomach by eating to much at once during my idiotic omad period? my stomach is a little bit less bloated in the mornings, but as soon as i eat ANYTHING, its like all my stomach muscles turn off and my stomach just falls out. im pretty skinny otherwise, not a lot of fat. please help me its driving me nuts.
Are you sure you dont have a hernia or an ulcer? I would go to a doctor and try get their opinion. They make send you for a scan or a endoscopy.

thats probably Ascites fluid build because of liver problems
But do people with ascites suffer from more bloating after eating? I thought they just had the same amount of bloat all the time.

OP
P

pro marker

fluid build up^

how does one get rid of that fluid build up?

Are you sure you dont have a hernia or an ulcer? I would go to a doctor and try get their opinion. They make send you for a scan or a endoscopy.
cant they just do an ultra sound?

Uhh, because it happens all the time
ill ask you since you seem like you know a lot of peat. what are his reccomendations on how to fix a weak liver? i cant find a solid answer.

GreekDemiGod

a year ago i went on a keto diet for a few months and my stomach just suddenly became big. like way bigger than normal. its not fat and i have no gas.
Had the same happening on Keto / Carnivore. Flat-ish stomach for a few weeks, then suddenly bloated at some point

Tarmander

ill ask you since you seem like you know a lot of peat. what are his reccomendations on how to fix a weak liver? i cant find a solid answer.
lower endotoxin load...meaning deal with the gut bacteria. So same advice really.

tara

i mean if you look at it from the side its twice as big as it was before. dont know what you mean by "untoward mass"
I still don't know how big before or after, but it may not matter. I'm just trying to get an idea of whether it's more than trivial.
If it's not fat or gas, the alternatives seem to be solid and/or liquid.
Liquid could be something like ascites.
Solid could be tumour (Don't panic, I'm not saying that's the most likely thing, just one possibility. And if tumour, some are more benign than others.)
Or could it be the stuff inside your gut itself, that's slow to move on, either because of slow transit issues or partial blockage?

I would go to a doctor and try get their opinion.
+1
If it doesn't seem to fit with normal response to food.

Last edited:

Vins7

My case is the same as yours, just what you describe.

thomas00

Maybe you've become hypothyroid for doing those diets. What's the rest of your health like? Gut symptoms can be a product of stress.

Or perhaps you got an infection from the raw diet in particular.

Maybe starting with anti septic approaches might good- shredded carrot with coconut oil, charcoal, the antibiotics.

Cyproheptadine is also useful.

Vins7

YES!! have you solved it? ******* keto maaaaan god damn it

how did you get it?
I couldn't fix It, I'm at the same point as you.
I have never eaten keto, this happened in the season I began yo be sedentary, stressed and eat more junk food.
I have recently had a gastroscopy and have seen that there is a flattening of the intestinal villi. I went to the doctor for symptoms of low metabolic rate and very slow digestions.

Last edited:
I couldn't fix It, I'm at the same point as you.
I have never eaten keto, this happened in the season I began yo be sedentary, stressed and eat more junk food.
I have recently had a gastroscopy and have seen that there is a flattening of the intestinal villi. I went to the doctor for symptoms of low metabolic rate and very slow digestions.
Are you eating gluten, nightshades, etc.? If so, these things may be damaging your gut lining. Intestinal villi aren't supposed to be flat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals