Bile flow problem solved… with water

BearWithMe

Garrett Smith still suggest the Matt Stone/eat for heat method of slight water restriction but I personally do better with a bit more water than this, in terms of bile flow as well as muscle/fascia hydration. I think the key is that the body has to have the ability to structure the water you take in, otherwise it goes right through you. This means either high metabolism/body heat, exercise after drinking the water, or external heat/light exposure. Some woo-woo seeming techniques to pre-structure the water before drinking do seem to work for me as well such as vortexing the water or vibrating the water with a weighted tuning fork. After doing either of these the water seems to be absorbed better.
Does microwave heating affect the structure of water?

brongfogboy

Suddenly I stopped producing (or releasing) bile about a year ago. I would occasionally have a bowel movement that was somewhat dark here and there but 99% of the time it was very pale.

I have adapted to lower water intake since following a lot of the diet recommendations on here. I never really had a drive for thirst throughout my whole life unless I really pushed myself at the gym. Recently I took a step back and realized I don’t really get more than 16oz of pure water a day, plus another 16oz of other fluids at most. I am an active young male.

I decided to really up my water intake, pure water without added electrolytes. I am pushing about 100oz of water a day most days now.

Wow. My stools are almost black. Consistently for a week and a half now without a missed day. Will continue.
Interesting, after only two weeks! Did you heat your water or drink it room temp, or cold?
I had the exact same experience as you.

My gallbladder was completely stuck after years of stupid diets, like WFPB, and being sick/inflamed.

I started sucking down 4 pints of hot water between meals and immediately my bile started flowing. Haven't had problem with bile flow since then. It was a miracle cure for me! Better than TUDCA
How long was it stuck for? How did you heat your water?

Clyde

Its not about water intake, its about the rest of the diet. When I ate a high fruit diet the thought of water almost made me sick, but if you are eating dense foods like liver, oysters, coffee, milk, cooked everything etc you will need more water to help the organs process such dense sources of nutrition. Ray on multiple interviews mentioned that its a good idea to drink water or orange juice upon waking to help blood flow after the nightly detox (glymphatic system etc)

There is an ayurvedic rehydration protocol that involves drinking a few sips of water every 30 minutes. It doesnt involve drinking a ton of water but what it does do is prevent electrolyte flushing and helps to replenish the lost moisture in the body even by things as simple as breathing and skin moisture loss. This is what i suggest for people who seem to really need more moisture. Its even better if that water is warm/ hot.

I worked in a sushi restaurant and the only people drinking cold water were the Americans coming in, the entire Asian staff would drink water out of a hot thermos, and they all looked pretty good.

The difference between hot and cold water is night and day. I can hear digestive sounds after the hot water but nothing after drinking cold water.

What about European or Slavic people, do they drink cold water or just Americans?

Very useful post and thread.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

The difference between hot and cold water is night and day. I can hear digestive sounds after the hot water but nothing after drinking cold water.

What about European or Slavic people, do they drink cold water or just Americans?

Very useful post and thread.
"Western Slav" here. We drink cold water.

Clyde

"Western Slav" here. We drink cold water.
Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. It puts a dent in some conspiracy narratives but I'm still glad to know it isn't just Americans who like to ruin their digestion.

Brits like warm beer but it's only warm for beer at 55 degrees.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. It puts a dent in some conspiracy narratives but I'm still glad to know it isn't just Americans who like to ruin their digestion.

Brits like warm beer but it's only warm for beer at 55 degrees.
I'd say our diets and lifestyles are quite similar to American, and they are getting more similar over time. But there are differences between European countries.

For example, some Germans or Poles like warm beer. Suggesting this idea in Czechia or Slovakia is punishable by death. Drinking hot water will cause some raised eyebrows, but your life likely will be spared.

We are putting a heavy emphasis on eating multiple warm meals a day, though.

Last edited:

RealNeat

I'd say our diets and lifestyles are quite similar to American, and they are getting more similar over time. But there are differences between European countries.

For example, some Germans or Poles like warm beer. Suggesting this idea in Czechia or Slovakia is punishable by death. Drinking hot water will cause some raised eyebrows, but your life likely will be spared.

i think one should drink cold things if they crave it, but i think more appropriate would be to understand "cooling" "heating" "damp" "drying" foods that many traditional healing systems refer to. Some foods have nothing to do with temperature but rather how they metabolize and what they do in the body.

Clyde

i think one should drink cold things if they crave it, but i think more appropriate would be to understand "cooling" "heating" "damp" "drying" foods that many traditional healing systems refer to. Some foods have nothing to do with temperature but rather how they metabolize and what they do in the body.
The motivation to have cold drinks could be to keep someone cool but could sipping on cold liquids and these big icy smoothies possibly improve digestion? I just imagine that it would paralyze the system especially after reading your post.

But I would also imagine that it wouldn't effect digesting at all if you were very active. I doubt a professional soccer player or someone working farm land in hot weather would have any trouble quickly warming up the liquid in their stomach but maybe for someone working a desk job it could create real problems.

I've known alcoholics that would rather dry out than drink warm beer. There's a very strong aversion in the US for certain.

Maybe the Germans and Poles drink beer in a different context than the Czechs and Slovaks so somehow it works for them. Possibly it doesn't matter unless you're drinking larger amounts or if the rest of the meal is fairly easy to digest or... There could be so many reasons they ended up with these traditions.

Warm beer reminds me a lot of Kombucha which is known to be very good for digestion. I would think warm beer would taste terrible but stimulate digestion really well.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals