Caffeine Has Same Effects On Metabolism As Dinitrophenol

dand

So, if 450mg achieve 67μM, then (assuming linear dose-dependency) you need about 1680mg caffeine to achieve the concentration from the first study, shown to increase metabolism. Needless to say, I would not take nearly as much caffeine at once but in divided doses it is very doable. I am currently taking 400mg x3 a day for a total of 1200mg.

Interestingly enough, this dosage 1200mg-1400mg is very close to the dosage shown to increase lifespan by 52% in the study I posted couple of weeks ago...

Gonna lose about ten pounds, I think. Although, I am little bit heavier than normal, I do think my bodyfat is dispersed quite a bit differently than usual and that is reflective of a less stressed metabolism. For example, at this weight I would usually have some love handles and abdominal fat, but I am relatively lean despite being ten pounds heavier than usual.

I am thinking for about a month, I am going to 400mg of caffeine 3x a day and also add in about an hour of walking a day. I am not going to change any other variables, though I may eat a little bit less or just avoid starches and keep fat relatively low. I'll also add theanine and sugar to the caffeine

Thoughts?

DaveFoster

How do you find it? Your carb intake must be pretty high to combat the adrenaline surge, I assume.
I just had a borderline panic attack; I can't tell if its from low blood sugar or from not enough caffeine to cover up the drop in stress hormones. I'm inclined to believe it's a combination.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I just had a borderline panic attack; I can't tell if its from low blood sugar or from not enough caffeine to cover up the drop in stress hormones. I'm inclined to believe it's a combination.

Wow. I have always been afraid to go higher on caffeine for that reason. T3 potentiates beta-2 agonists. I was close to a panic attack after every coffee or protein shake on Lapodin. Such a potent supplement, I have to take 1/4 dose now, but my body couldn't compensate the low BG with the non-existent cortisol so it just released adrenaline. How are you taking the caffeine? I find again and again that something like NoDoz produces a very controlled energy, whereas coffee is a yucky, unrestrained kind of high. It feels like extended release vs standard release. I also have mixed feelings about the other xanthines in coffee.

Last edited:

Constatine

Anyone getting over a gram of caffeine per day these days? I'm doing about that.
Thanks for always embarking on extreme experiments. It provides some good information for the rest of us cowardly folk. Have you felt any good androgenic effects from that much caffeine? Or has the progesterone promoting effects nullified such benefits?

DaveFoster

Thanks for always embarking on extreme experiments. It provides some good information for the rest of us cowardly folk. Have you felt any good androgenic effects from that much caffeine? Or has the progesterone promoting effects nullified such benefits?
I think I feel best on around 800 mg/day. It's hard to measure libido, as I'm coming off of mirtazapine (weird withdrawal symptoms). Stamina during sex has improved significantly. It's mostly me throwing around a rag doll at this point with the strength improvement. Caffeine has a pretty neutral effect on libido in my experience, although small doses can enhance libido.

DaveFoster

Wow. I have always been afraid to go higher on caffeine for that reason. T3 potentiates beta-2 agonists. I was close to a panic attack after every coffee or protein shake on Lapodin. Such a potent supplement, I have to take 1/4 dose now, but my body couldn't compensate the low BG with the non-existent cortisol so it just released adrenaline. How are you taking the caffeine? I find again and again that something like NoDoz produces a very controlled energy, whereas coffee is a yucky, unrestrained kind of high. It feels like extended release vs standard release. I also have mixed feelings about the other xanthines in coffee.
Coffee in the evening with caffeine pills earlier in the day for convienience. Coffee feels more like raw stimulation (temperature, focus), while caffeine feels more like a high, bouncy feeling (progesterone like effect). I'm not sure if it was low blood sugar, but I hallucinated in math class (and I've done far more caffeine with no such problems.) I guess the increase in cortisol was too much for my brain.

Constatine

I think I feel best on around 800 mg/day. It's hard to measure libido, as I'm coming off of mirtazapine (weird withdrawal symptoms). Stamina during sex has improved significantly. It's mostly me throwing around a rag doll at this point with the strength improvement. Caffeine has a pretty neutral effect on libido in my experience, although small doses can enhance libido.
Lol. Poor girl :eek:. So there is a dramatic strength increase then? I'll have to run my own rag doll...I mean caffeine experiment.

DaveFoster

Lol. Poor girl :eek:. So there is a dramatic strength increase then? I'll have to run my own rag doll...I mean caffeine experiment.
Yes: strength and stamina. A buddy of mine and I always have long, drawn-out handshakes where he tries to overpower me, and I always win. After drinking more coffee, he makes it about 20 seconds and has to quit. Grip strength is one of the most reliable predictors of longevity, by the way. I'm not sure if that applies in the context of caffeine.

TubZy

Dose 5 grams of vit C with your caffeine, I found it to help increase my caffeine tolerance greatly. It reduces stress hormones.

DaveFoster

TubZy

Nice, yeah here is the study I was talking about too: Vitamin C supplementation attenuates the increases in circulating cortisol, adrenaline and anti-inflammatory polypeptides following ultramarathon r... - PubMed - NCBI

I tried to find a clean version/USP version, I just take these and open up the caps and put them in water with some baking soda and chug. I hope to not use these brands for too long until, Haidut or someone else comes up with a cleaner version.

Amazon.com: Dr Clark Vitamin C, 1000 mg, 100 capsules: Health & Personal Care

DaveFoster

Nice, yeah here is the study I was talking about too: Vitamin C supplementation attenuates the increases in circulating cortisol, adrenaline and anti-inflammatory polypeptides following ultramarathon r... - PubMed - NCBI

I tried to find a clean version/USP version, I just take these and open up the caps and put them in water with some baking soda and chug. I hope to not use these brands for too long until, Haidut or someone else comes up with a cleaner version.

Amazon.com: Dr Clark Vitamin C, 1000 mg, 100 capsules: Health & Personal Care
I tried a gram; it's very hard to tell if anything happened beyond normal variation in mood. I'll try a couple more.

TubZy

I tried a gram; it's very hard to tell if anything happened beyond normal variation in mood. I'll try a couple more.

Not enough, I had to use at least 5 grams or even more at least in my case. I think the studies used at least 3+ grams in regards to cortisol reduction.

DaveFoster

Not enough, I had to use at least 5 grams or even more at least in my case. I think the studies used at least 3+ grams in regards to cortisol reduction.
Tried three more grams. My cognition seems to have improved in that intrusive thoughts and impulsivity has reduced. I'd really like a pure supplement, though.

Back to inosine, it's an adenosine receptor agonist much like CBD (cannabidiol), so this might be a safer way to gain the reported anxiolytic benefits of CBD that appear all over the internet.

I also found this thread, which has some erroneous assumptions, but it's informative: TREATING ANXIETY SAFELY & EFFECTIVELY - Mental Health

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

The 800mg daily also happens to be the only dose on which the rodent studies found weight loss. Lower doses were not effective while higher ones had kidney side effects. There may be a sweet spot for caffeine and metabolism, which seems to be in that range. Higher doses may work like DNP but just like DNP there are side effects to worry about.

TubZy

Tried three more grams. My cognition seems to have improved in that intrusive thoughts and impulsivity has reduced. I'd really like a pure supplement, though.

Back to inosine, it's an adenosine receptor agonist much like CBD (cannabidiol), so this might be a safer way to gain the reported anxiolytic benefits of CBD that appear all over the internet.

I also found this thread, which has some erroneous assumptions, but it's informative: TREATING ANXIETY SAFELY & EFFECTIVELY - Mental Health

Cool, yeah same, I would prefer one too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals