Chicken feet

tommyg130

Bone broth with chicken feet.

Id rather pig or beef or lamb, but I don’t have access to feet in that form.

I make a very gelatinous broth with chicken feet.

Online it seems to say it’s fatty, but what I’ve gathered from here is it’s basically no fat and very gelantious and has lots of cartilage and collagen. That matches w my experience too.

I clean off the feet first. Any issues w CHICKEN feet broth? It’s really the only way to get broth for me? They’re organic feet

Online it seems to say it’s fatty, but what I’ve gathered from here is it’s basically no fat and very gelantious and has lots of cartilage and collagen. That matches w my experience too.

I clean off the feet first. Any issues w CHICKEN feet broth? It’s really the only way to get broth for me? They’re organic feet
I make my gelatinous chicken bone broth with wings and leftover bones. I don’t like using the feet because I can taste the cleaning agent used to clean those feet. My sense of taste and smell are keen! They are a terrible sight too, having to cook mine with the lid off and all those claws reaching out like a witches cauldron. I just can’t want to eat it after seeing that. I linked below my thread on everything that is chicken bone bone broth…

OP
T

tommyg130

I make my gelatinous chicken bone broth with wings and leftover bones. I don’t like using the feet because I can taste the cleaning agent used to clean those feet. My sense of taste and smell are keen! They are a terrible sight too, having to cook mine with the lid off and all those claws reaching out like a witches cauldron. I just can’t want to eat it after seeing that. I linked below my thread on everything that is chicken bone bone broth…

Got it thank you . Since I have the feet already right now, I’ll use. For future I’ll try to find wings. What bones do you use? Oxtail?

I think my butcher only has feet and backs? Backs are very fatty right?

Got it thank you . Since I have the feet already right now, I’ll use. For future I’ll try to find wings. What bones do you use? Oxtail?

I think my butcher only has feet and backs? Backs are very fatty right?
I have a perpetual thing going with chicken bone broth. I start with a gelatinous bone broth, add filtered water and boil my wing for dinner in it for about 25 minutes, which makes more bone broth to freeze. I refrigerate the bone broth overnight and scrape off, and discarded the fat, which rises to the top, so it is PUFA free. What’s also nice about using wings is you don’t throw anything away, the wings make a nice dinner, and if you pull the meat of the bones instead of contaminating them with your mouth, you can make make a second batch of bone broth, 3 purposes for one purchase of wings. I do like to use oxtails, knuckles or leftover steak bones for my gelatinous beef bone broth. Here are pics, below, of how good mine gets, for very little boil time and no other ingredients, just bones and water.

Attachments

• 70877D60-3A69-42FF-9B3E-CD6C6BCB7737.jpeg
    70877D60-3A69-42FF-9B3E-CD6C6BCB7737.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 19
  • 2B038E68-80C7-4C0A-9955-06451CB9C914.jpeg
    2B038E68-80C7-4C0A-9955-06451CB9C914.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 18

Eldermusl57

My spouse buys chicken feet from a local Asian market. He consumes the feet. I go for the gelatinous broth. We both have no joint issues or bad skin. Love chicken feet gelatin!

OP
T

tommyg130

Hi again! So I
I have a perpetual thing going with chicken bone broth. I start with a gelatinous bone broth, add filtered water and boil my wing for dinner in it for about 25 minutes, which makes more bone broth to freeze. I refrigerate the bone broth overnight and scrape off, and discarded the fat, which rises to the top, so it is PUFA free. What’s also nice about using wings is you don’t throw anything away, the wings make a nice dinner, and if you pull the meat of the bones instead of contaminating them with your mouth, you can make make a second batch of bone broth, 3 purposes for one purchase of wings. I do like to use oxtails, knuckles or leftover steak bones for my gelatinous beef bone broth. Here are pics, below, of how good mine gets, for very little boil time and no other ingredien, just bones and water.
I have a perpetual thing going with chicken bone broth. I start with a gelatinous bone broth, add filtered water and boil my wing for dinner in it for about 25 minutes, which makes more bone broth to freeze. I refrigerate the bone broth overnight and scrape off, and discarded the fat, which rises to the top, so it is PUFA free. What’s also nice about using wings is you don’t throw anything away, the wings make a nice dinner, and if you pull the meat of the bones instead of contaminating them with your mouth, you can make make a second batch of bone broth, 3 purposes for one purchase of wings. I do like to use oxtails, knuckles or leftover steak bones for my gelatinous beef bone broth. Here are pics, below, of how good mine gets, for very little boil time and no other ingredients, just bones and water.
Hi again ! Quick question. So I got “chicken wingettes”from my butcher. You said you used wings for your broth. Are you referencing these wings ? To me these are like party wings or wings you would if you got buffalo wings from a bar. Are these gelatinous and can be used for a broth? Or is there a different type of larger wing I would need to get ? These won’t go to waste regardless but I’m curious do these suffice for a broth?

Attachments

• C70D81E5-5210-430F-BFBC-7A4EB18BB61C.png
    C70D81E5-5210-430F-BFBC-7A4EB18BB61C.png
    446 KB · Views: 13
Hi again! So I

Hi again ! Quick question. So I got “chicken wingettes”from my butcher. You said you used wings for your broth. Are you referencing these wings ? To me these are like party wings or wings you would if you got buffalo wings from a bar. Are these gelatinous and can be used for a broth? Or is there a different type of larger wing I would need to get ? These won’t go to waste regardless but I’m curious do these suffice for a broth?
Yeah I use party wings with the drumsticks.

Attachments

• 7A8C2B4E-D508-4049-995B-D46CD002FF01.jpeg
    7A8C2B4E-D508-4049-995B-D46CD002FF01.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 13

TopG

I‘d be concerned about the PUFA. Especially when buying conventional.

I‘d be concerned about the PUFA. Especially when buying conventional.
I would be concerned too if I didn’t boil all of the PUFA’s out of them and broil them in coconut oil, like Ray Peat’s bacon. I wouldn’t even consider eating them if they weren’t organic and pasture raised on some bugs. I find eggs to be worse, and I don’t eat them if I can’t find corn and soy free ones.

TopG

O
I would be concerned too if I didn’t boil all of the PUFA’s out of them and broil them in coconut oil, like Ray Peat’s bacon. I wouldn’t even consider eating them if they weren’t organic and pasture raised on some bugs. I find eggs to be worse, and I don’t eat them if I can’t find corn and soy free ones.
Oh god.. I hate eggs so much. The fat tastes terrible!

O

Oh god.. I hate eggs so much. The fat tastes terrible!
I was never too fond of them either, and they made me feel awful, until I found these corn and soy free ones. I love them now! The fat is regular eggs is nasty PUFA’s.

Attachments

• 1CB99C85-79A1-4961-A876-FEAA9F914C69.jpeg
    1CB99C85-79A1-4961-A876-FEAA9F914C69.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 8
  • 9CE22ED1-9430-4802-BD77-3D41DED628AF.jpeg
    9CE22ED1-9430-4802-BD77-3D41DED628AF.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 8
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals