Low Toxin Studies "Coconut Oil is favorable for the loading and retention of beta-carotene (new study)"

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Peater

Flashbacks to my sweet potato baked with coconut oil after gym snack way back in my paleo days...

Sounds like it's ok for a zero Vit A meal like porridge made with water?

mosaic01

The question is how coconut oil compares with other fats. The study doesn't really answer that.

What does this mean. My English is not my main langauge.

Coconut oil, a fat, is good at absorbing/transporting beta-carotene, which is fat-soluble. Eating coconut oil with a food rich in beta-carotene will increase the absorption of beta-carotene from the intestine into the body.

Apple

Aajonus was strongly against coconut oil. He called it just a solvent like any other oils. Living in Philippines he probably knew smth about it. But he was all into fresh raw coconut cream.
The warming (pro-thyroid) effect of coconut oil that Ray Peat talked about when he tried it first was probably due to some kind of inflamatory reaction on irritants. No wonder he always hesitated between olive oil or coconut oil for his carrot salad.

Last edited:

Morten

Forum Supporter
The question is how coconut oil compares with other fats. The study doesn't really answer that.

Coconut oil, a fat, is good at absorbing/transporting beta-carotene, which is fat-soluble. Eating coconut oil with a food rich in beta-carotene will increase the absorption of beta-carotene from the intestine into the body.
Thanks.
That sounds negative.
Instead of excriting it as poop.

Morten

Forum Supporter
Aajonus was strongly against coconut oil. He called it just a solvent like any other oils. Living in Philippines he probably knew smth about it. But he was all into fresh raw coconut cream.
The warming (pro-thyroid) effect of coconut oil that Ray Peat talked about when he tried it first was probably due to some kind of inflamatory reaction on irritants. No wonder he always hesitated between olive oil or coconut oil for his carrot salad.
Which fat would you prefer?(to the carrot)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Apple

Your gray hair still ok without the carrots?
More grey hair now without carrot salad. I think carrots actually mask grey hair giving them orange hue (Carotenemia ). But maybe I'm wrong and carrots help to restore proper pigmentation of hair. After all carrot (juice) has all been revered by health practitioners as anti cancer treatment. It didn't work for Steve Jobs though.
I tried washing grated carrot and it just loses its power.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals