Colloidal silver for hair loss

LLight

Has anyone ever tried topical colloidal silver for his/her hair loss? If this is the case, did it give interesting results?

I might try and first see if it can reduce itchiness I have.

Some resources:
The rationale of this paper is the silver nanoparticles' responsive behavior by activating adult stem cells of mesodermal and ectodermal in vivo origin. Reports on regeneration of hair follicles in rabbit skin, meaning an accelerated healing of surgical wounds and a process of hair follicle neogenesis, produced by subcutaneous implantation of some nanofibers functionalized with silver nanoparticles have been highlighted. Another laboratory scaled injury model of rat striated muscle, showed an enhanced histological aspect of healed muscle comparing to placebo, by using an oily nanodispersion of silver. In vitro stimulation of mesenchymal stem cells by silver nanoparticles has also been reported by the literature. However, it is noteworthy to mention that even if the silver nanoparticles do not produce mesenchymal stem differentiation in vitro, the interleukin 6 and 8 secreted by mesenchymal stem cells under the action of these nanoparticles, could accelerate the healing of cutaneous lesions. Moreover, the process of hair follicle neogenesis found in our studies would not be possible, without proliferation and differentiation of hair follicle stem cells. An assumed confirmation of the above mentioned hypothesis will open a new research direction toward silver nanoparticles, using in plastic and reconstructive surgery, degenerative diseases and anti-aging therapy. Specific histological methods concerning the responsive behavior of the stem cells in injured tissues, which are treated with pharmacological preparations containing silver nanoparticles, will be used. Taking into account the experimental studies showing a pronounced regenerative /responsive behavior of silver nanoparticles, novel pharmaceutical formulations with topic response have been synthesized.

Last edited:

Inaut

Following. It really can’t hurt much topically

OP
LLight

LLight

I might tend to overcomplicate things (and do too much hypotheses) but I wonder whether silver could be linked with oxytocin.

Indeed, peptides such as oxytocin are able to carry metals like copper and this it might also be the case for silver (which has similarities with copper).

Moreover, oxytocin seem to be also linked with tissue regeneration (it involves stem cells too), a quick Google scholar can give interesting results regarding that topic: it seems to be the case for the liver, muscles including the heart, the nervous system and bones (like silver by the way, experiments have shown that silver helps bones regeneration).

Finally, I believe I've seen the testimony of someone regrowing hair with help of probiotic involved in oxytocin production (L reuteri?).

Last edited:
OP
LLight

LLight

Some sources:

OP
LLight

LLight

I've put some (like 5mL) 15ppm colloidal silver on my scalp this morning (should it be as far as possible from my shower?).

The move I make with my fingers to apply it could be helpful on its own but it doesn't really matter because I cannot use another way to put silver on my scalp as I still have hairs everywhere.

Finally, if it really works, I may forget that I have itchiness in the first place :laughing:

OP
LLight

LLight

Induction of local tissue regeneration in the human would best be accomplished if the patient's own cells at the desired site could be caused to dedifferentiate into the required embryonic stem cells. A system involving the electrical iontophoretic introduction of free silver ions into human wounds for their antibiotic effect has been in clinical use since 1975. In addition to a major antibiotic effect, the technique was found to produce the regeneration of all local tissues, apparently by stimulating dedifferentiation of mature human cells. More recently the use of a newly developed silvered nylon fabric has been found to have similar results without the need for electrical parameters. The results of a preliminary laboratory and clinical study of this material are presented.

OP
LLight

LLight

In this study, we attempted to unravel the effects of morphological and physiological changes of porcine fibroblast cells exposed to electrical biostimulation. It was mainly the electrically generated silver ion that was responsible for the cellular changes observed in the present work, including morphological changes and gene expression changes. Silver ion exposure for 21 hours did not increase the expression of pluripotency genes and did not reprogram fibroblast cells to an undifferentiated state as we hypothesized. However, upon characterizing transcriptomic changes using RNA-sequencing, the results suggested most functions and pathways impacted are associated with various processes of cellular metabolism, which indicated an increase of oxidation phosphorylation in the silver ions treated cells. Additionally, the investigations towards the change of key metabolites further confirmed that low concentrations of silver ions could boost oxidative phosphorylation without causing cell death. It is known that silver ion is an antibacterial agent that can inhibit the proliferation of bacteria during wound healing. The findings in this study demonstrated additional effects of silver ions on metabolic function alterations. The valuable benefits of silver in health care have been recognized for thousands of years but the concern of adverse and toxic effects towards mammalian cells should not be ignored as well. As the application of silver products is rapidly growing in a variety of fields [84], it is necessary for future studies to evaluate and determine the optimal form and concentration of silver that will be utilized. The electrically generated silver ion as a novel method for treating diseases, as compared to silver nanoparticles and silver salts, should be investigated further in the studies of animal and human healthcare, as well as the clinical applications of silver.

OP
LLight

LLight

Some sources:
The same study has been carried out with silver and peptides like oxytocin and vasopressin.
We have investigated Ag+ binding of six biologically important peptides in the mass range 1–2 kDa to determine their intrinsic binding ability. The [Peptide-(Ag)n] + complexes were prepared and characterized by MALDI-MS. The peptides show the binding of 5–7 Ag+ and the possible amino acids responsible for the binding are analyzed based on the DFT-calculated relative binding energies of Ag+ with individual amino acids.
The peptides OT and AVP show the formation of their dimers and its Ag+ complexes. In addition, the mass spectra also show fragment ion formation of the intact peptide and its complexes due to the in-source decay phenomenon. The binding of more Ag+ with these peptides indicates the greater affinity for Ag+ as compared to other studied singly/doubly charged metal ions. Thus, it is expected that these peptides become more effective with their respective receptors when tagged with Ag due to their change in conformation. Hence, they may be used as carriers for AgNPs in targeted drug delivery as well as an alternate for iodinated contrasting agents in the dual energy X-ray imaging technique.

OP
LLight

LLight

I've put colloidal silver 4 times on my scalp and haven't found a miraculous effect on the itchiness.

I'm thus trying to take CS orally (which I was already doing) and maybe putting it on my skin once in a while.

I will also try to restrict my fluid intake to see if elevated vasopressin and (hopefully) oxytocin concentrations may bring the silver to the places it might be needed.

ThinPicking

Fascinating stuff Mr Light, thank you. I'm practically norwood 3. Although it's never really bothered me that much I have been using a caffeine shampoo for over a decade because it seems easy and otherwise benign.

The holy grail may lie somewhere between this and the gent who made the RAAS/hair loss thread. It makes sense to me.

OP
LLight

LLight

I had already posted these hypotheses elsewhere but I've just seen it mentions colloidal silver too:
Etheric biology

Several observations made during the course of studies on stealth-adapted viruses are explainable by a pervasive, energy-rich, ether environment. Activation of an alternative cellular energy (ACE) pathway provides stealth virus damaged cells with a repair mechanism that is independent of the cellular immune response. ACE activation can also assist in the systemic healing of infections caused by conventional viruses such as Herpes simplex virus, Herpes zoster virus and human papillomavirus. ACE pigments convert conventional forms of physical energies into a biological cell healing energy, the nature of which is still uncertain. More recent studies suggest that ACE pigments may also capture etheric energy. In addition to cellular repair, ACE pigment activation can lead to the biogenesis of lipid-like chemical structures. ACE pigment and virus culture healing activities were also seen with several natural products, including a homeopathic formulation. A colloidal silver solution appeared to facilitate the transmission of ACE and to enhance its biosynthetic activity. These results open a window into a greater understanding of a fundamental force of nature of potential therapeutic importance.

Capturing etheric energy
The working model for how iodine is working is that it is facilitating the absorption of an external (etheric) energy.

OP
LLight

LLight

A

Adf

I've put some (like 5mL) 15ppm colloidal silver on my scalp this morning (should it be as far as possible from my shower?).

The move I make with my fingers to apply it could be helpful on its own but it doesn't really matter because I cannot use another way to put silver on my scalp as I still have hairs everywhere.

Finally, if it really works, I may forget that I have itchiness in the first place :laughing:

Why don't you purchase a cheap spray bottle and put your CS in that? Just spritz it on your head? If you can't spritz it between your hairs, do you really need to be worried about hair loss?

OP
LLight

LLight

Why don't you purchase a cheap spray bottle and put your CS in that? Just spritz it on your head? If you can't spritz it between your hairs, do you really need to be worried about hair loss?
I have one but it's not the most useful thing if you still have hairs.

TucsonJJ

Yep. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7765683/

Good video, but Silver Wings is a better brand than Sovereign Silver

OP
LLight

LLight

Yep. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7765683/

Good video, but Silver Wings is a better brand than Sovereign Silver
Interesting.
I've no idea how the quality of the french brand I'm using really is.

There is something that happens quite consistently when I starts taking colloidal silver (also with gold by the way), is that I experience more lucid dreaming /dream recall. I don't know if it gives an indication on whether it's "good" or not but I wondered if it could be linked to how silver could interact with vasopressin and oxytocin.

TucsonJJ

Interesting.
I've no idea how the quality of the french brand I'm using really is.

There is something that happens quite consistently when I starts taking colloidal silver (also with gold by the way), is that I experience more lucid dreaming /dream recall. I don't know if it gives an indication on whether it's "good" or not but I wondered if it could be linked to how silver could interact with vasopressin and oxytocin.
Hmmmmm... odd. I have increased dreams too when I take colloidal silver... I didn't make that connection... since I smoke a little grass before bed... it usually keeps me from dreaming...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals