Cracked Heels Anyone?

Mathgirl

I have had some success with putting paper tape over the whole heel and just leaving it there. I wonder if keeping air away from it helps it heel

Kray

Ha! Grant Genereux said the opposite -- that his no vitamin A diet cleared the problem right up for him!
Isn't it true that some vitamins- B vitamins for example, IIRC- can present the same symptoms from either too much of the vitamin, or from too little? Could this be true about Vitamin A in 2 separate cases of cracked heels?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have them. And no way I’m deficient in A. As I’ve been pounding eggs, OJ, cheese, liver for the past few years.
Yup, I picked up on that yesterday too.

Beatrix_

I developed cracked heels around 10 or so years ago, when I started to increase my activity level. Don't know if it was tied in.

The only time it got better was when I started some new probiotics. Then it got worse again (I'm no longer taking the probiotic). So that would indicate it is tied in to gut issues, wouldn't it?

Now it's bad again. I am hoping in the longer run as I raise my temps and HR, it will get better.

Any ideas or experiences?
Definetly thyroid related. Things that improve it are P5P and iodine, perhaps zinc. Very tricky to juggle the nutrients.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Definetly thyroid related.
No, its definitely liver related which is injured due to "vitamin A" toxicity. The liver controls the thyroid, not the other way around. Fix the liver by lowering toxic "vitamin A" intake and other toxins while repleting crucial minerals and adding in a bit of nicotinic acid, and that will fix everything.

Kray

I have them. And no way I’m deficient in A. As I’ve been pounding eggs, OJ, cheese, liver for the past few years.
Per your quote by G. Smith- aren't you saying you are VA toxic, not the other way around?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals