Cynomel No Longer Produced In Mexico?

ilovethesea

artemis said:
Yes, it is the one by Abdi Ibrahim, just the outside packaging is from Singapore. I just thought that was strange, since with any other meds I've ordered from Mexico, the outside box was clearly from Mexico.

Oh! How weird. I think it's much cheaper to get the Tiromel from Cyprus, if you have a legit source. Mine should arrive soon so I'll report back.

johns74

ilovethesea said:
Has there ever been a case where patient activism has changed medical policy? I know that whenever I come across a thyroid forum or article about hypothyroidism, there are literally 100s of comments from people complaining about their doctors. It's shocking how inhumane these MDs are.

I believe the breakup of the United States and secession of the states is more likely than common treatment with T3. Hope I'm wrong though.

Well, at least they won't outlaw chickens (and their necks).

ilovethesea

johns74 said:
I believe the breakup of the United States and secession of the states is more likely than common treatment with T3. Hope I'm wrong though.

Well, at least they won't outlaw chickens (and their necks).

Sadly I agree.

I thought you can't buy chicken necks with the thyroid still in, or do you mean the whole chicken. Here in Canada they made it impossible to get thyroid that way... so I guess next step is I start slaughtering my own live chickens???

johns74

ilovethesea said:
Sadly I agree.

I thought you can't buy chicken necks with the thyroid still in, or do you mean the whole chicken. Here in Canada they made it impossible to get thyroid that way... so I guess next step is I start slaughtering my own live chickens???

I would guess that if you o straight to the produces and talk to them personally they would be willing to sell you the necks.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm in the U.S. and the first and only time I noticed someone had cytomel prescribed it was for the diagnosis of depression not hypothyroidism. I thought I'd mention that just incase it might help someone trying to obtain a prescription for t3 through their doctor. I don't know if it will work and from what I can tell it's not common practice but it still might be worth a shot.

jaguar43

Blossom brings up a good point, I would guess the majority of the cytomel prescriptions are for depression rather than hypothyroidism. I wonder who started that trend, because its completely unorthodox to what they are "suppose" to do.

But to add to the topic of change in the medical field. A few years ago, I went to a doctor and he told me that "with the internet everyone is a doctor now." ( Because everyone already knew their diagnosis based on their symptoms ) He laughed sarcastically, but I think he knew deep down that it's pretty much a revolutionary force. And thats really what Ray Peat refers to when he says he wants to see a disestablishment of medicine. It will be interesting how it plays out.

XPlus

Whole thyroid from a cow (calf ideally) is huge and lasts a good while. I find it as effective as meds in stimulating metabolism.
Quickly steamed one 0.5cm piece or a couple 1cm cubes boiled with ox tail gelatin broth, are a good dose to experiment with.

I'd make some farmer friends if it is not possible to get from the market.

tara

XPlus said:
Whole thyroid from a cow (calf ideally) is huge and lasts a good while. I find it as effective as meds in stimulating metabolism.
Quickly steamed one 0.5cm piece or a couple 1cm cubes boiled with ox tail gelatin broth, are a good dose to experiment with.
How big is huge? Roughly how many 1cm cubes would get from one?

XPlus

tara said:
XPlus said:

I just measured these thyroid bags I have for you. Together, they're roughly around 10*10*5cm - 500 1cm cubes. I can't remember for sure whether the butcher gave me more than one gland but I think it was one chunk. I'll take pictures of it before processing next time I get some.
If my calculations are correct, this could make over a year's supply given that the hormones don't degrade in the freezer, eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_20150429_034641.jpg
    IMG_20150429_034641.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 929

tara

XPlus said:
tara said:
XPlus said:

I just measured these thyroid bags I have for you. Together, they're roughly around 10*10*5cm - 500 1cm cubes. I can't remember for sure whether the butcher gave me more than one gland but I think it was one chunk. I'll take pictures of it before processing next time I get some.
If my calculations are correct, this could make over a year of supply given that the hormones don't degrade in the freezer.
Ta. You really wouldn't want to eat a big chunk of it at once!
Sorry if you've already posted this, but are you using this to replace some other previous form of supplement, or is this the one you are starting with?

XPlus

Of course. Yes, too much would not be a good idea.
It's the one I started with. To be honest. I tried the quickly steamed cubes for few times. The first time, I ate a large, 2cc piece. It was the the first time ever my pulse went over 100. The effect lasted few days and was amplified by eating.
Wasn't a very pleasant experience since my system was very sluggish. I weaned off to 1cc - and felt that was about right.
Now, I just put few chunks in my bone broth - I make it so lasts about a week. I don't feel the need to supplement any extra thyroid when I drink around 500ml of the solution a day. This way it's easier to control the dosage.

I used to take Nutrimeds NDT when I don't have any gelatin thyroid broth around. Not very effective.
Recently I haven't had the time to make any broth and I had a bottle of cynomel lying around. I'm experimenting with it.

ilovethesea

Just confirming that my Mexmeds4you Cynoplus order got delivered safely to the US according to UPS. Now that I know they're legit I'm placing another order, since they are way cheaper than My Mexican, and Cyno is out of stock at Farmacia. They also let you pay with Paypal... so more convenient than Meds .com.mx money order process. I just want to stock pile lots of Cyno since I know their T3 at least works.

What's weird is that both Mexmeds and My Mexican have these weird popup ads now to other random pharmacies when you go on their sites. Wonder what that's all about. They probably are getting cyber terrorized by the US pharmaceutical companies.

ilovethesea, where in Canada are you? I'm in Vancouver and have been successful with getting stuff across from mymexicandrugstore before but am hesitant to try again.

ilovethesea

Kai@theCellLevel said:
ilovethesea, where in Canada are you? I'm in Vancouver and have been successful with getting stuff across from mymexicandrugstore before but am hesitant to try again.

I'm in TO. How many times have you ordered? For me it worked once or twice but then I got a scary 5 page warning letter from the government, and the shipment got sent back. So now I have them send it to a friend in the US and it gets through here fine. Just have them pack it in another box so it doesn't scream "pharmacy" on the label. And declare low value, something like chocolates.

I don't want to find out what happens if I order again :(

A

Anonymous

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see why you can't just take one of the raw thyroid glandular products that are easily available. Nutri meds, nutri pak, etc. It's the same thing that broda barnes used, why shouldn't it work for you? And it's not a pain to dose like Cytomel.

jaguar43

JRMoney15 said:
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see why you can't just take one of the raw thyroid glandular products that are easily available. Nutri meds, nutri pak, etc. It's the same thing that broda barnes used, why shouldn't it work for you? And it's not a pain to dose like Cytomel.

I have tried nutri pak a few years ago. It literally does nothing to increase thyroid. Not even the amour thyroid of today is comparable to one during broad barnes times.

And cytomel isn't really a pain to dose. People make it more complex than it already is.

ilovethesea said:
Kai@theCellLevel said:

I'm in TO. How many times have you ordered? For me it worked once or twice but then I got a scary 5 page warning letter from the government, and the shipment got sent back. So now I have them send it to a friend in the US and it gets through here fine. Just have them pack it in another box so it doesn't scream "pharmacy" on the label. And declare low value, something like chocolates.

I don't want to find out what happens if I order again :(

Ok I'm in Van. Yeah I've only ordered once. Don't know anyone in the US that would be willing to send me thyroid supplements in the mail (thought if anyone on here wants to help me out...) :P

jaguar43

It looks like cynoplus is out at both mymexicandrugstore and mexmeds4you. It's really too bad.

ilovethesea

JRMoney15 said:

Not sure what country you're talking about but at least in Canada *nothing* is easily available... any type of thyroid including raw glandular is by prescription only. We aren't allowed to order it ourselves from international pharmacies.

If I get desperate I'll have to go the NDT route (ie find a way of getting some into the country), but it's not as simple as just switching brands. First of all it tends to have a lot of excipients/fillers that can cause bad allergic reactions. I can't take Erfa NDT at all, as it gives me runny nose and sneezing. Second, potency varies wildly from brand to brand... Ray has talked about this. Some brands are barely active or not active at all. There is a reason he only recommends the synthetics now.

I agree that Cytomel can be a bit of a learning curve to dose, but many hypo people actually do much better on a higher ratio of T3. Especially females.

ilovethesea

jag2594 said:
It looks like cynoplus is out at both mymexicandrugstore and mexmeds4you. It's really too bad.

Meds .com.mx still has some. Might order there - I forgot to place a 2nd order with Mexmeds4 you! I really should have done that as they accepted Paypal, whereas this other place is a huge pain to send money to.

I guess this is the last of Grossman! :cry:

Does anyone have any further feedback on the Tiromel or Triyotex?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals