Dandruff Overload

ddjd

Put niacinamide, aspirin and caffeine in your shampoo at the same strength as solban. If it doesn't help then I don't know what will
i dont understand how something topical will ever solve a problem that clearly is caused by an internal dysfunction. surely you have to get to the root cause

paracelsus

I know the acid/alkaline thing doesn't have a lot of sway here, but I tried lemon juice on my scalp and it cleared up an ongoing dandruff problem quickly.

YMMV

paracelsus

Actual lemon juice, and I washed it off after a minute or so. Didn't think it would do anything but seemed pretty safe to try. Pleasantly surprised.

ddjd

I'm a 28 year old woman and have recently gotten much more careful to eat more strictly "Peatarian" but even before that it seemed like my dandruff was getting much worse. I started taking Estroban to cure my acne about a year ago, but the dandruff of this severity is fairly recent. I have switched to using dr bronners (as shampoo) and vinegar rinses to help, but it seems to only get worse!

I don't eat liver but I eat plenty of organic eggs and dairy.

I take:
B-100 supplements 2x a day
I use the estroban (A 5,000/D3 1,000/E 65mg/K 2 mg) 1x a day
1250 Magnesium 2x a day
A once daily vitamin (without iron)
A D3 500 iud in addition
Progest-E

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I've recently had good success with taking vitamin A acetate with zinc gluconate. The Zinc seems to be essential. You need the two together.

Here's a good product with vitamin A in retinol acetate form;

https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamins-a-d3

And the zinc gluconate powder is from a company called nutrabio

tomisonbottom

Actual lemon juice, and I washed it off after a minute or so. Didn't think it would do anything but seemed pretty safe to try. Pleasantly surprised.

That's great! How many times did you do that till it went away, and how long did you have dandruff?

I've recently had good success with taking vitamin A acetate with zinc gluconate. The Zinc seems to be essential. You need the two together.

Here's a good product with vitamin A in retinol acetate form;

https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamins-a-d3

And the zinc gluconate powder is from a company called nutrabio

How much did you take and how long till your dandruff went away?

ddjd

That's great! How many times did you do that till it went away, and how long did you have dandruff?

How much did you take and how long till your dandruff went away?
Within a day or too. I take a very small amount of zinc gluconate powder which I got from nutra bio. About 20mg maybe. Alongside the vit A acetate or retinol palmitate, dandruff disappeared

ddjd

Awesome, thanks!
Another good tip Tom is to try methylene blue.

Every day I take 200mg Niacinamide and then 10 minutes later two drops MB from health natura mixed into a glass of water. I'm convinced the Methylene blue is good for hair health and particularly stopping dandruff but I don't know the mechanism for this. The Niacinamide I'm sure also helps but also helps how the body absorbs the Methylene blue.

If the Vitamin A plus zinc doesn't work then try this. Let me know if it works or not please.

LCohen

If you're able to find %96 Ethanol, crush some Aspirin pills inside it. Shake it and wait for 1 day. Store it in a cool place.

After that day. Put it in the scalp.

No dandruff, no oilyness, no flakes. Clear scalp.

You can also use Salicylic Acid instead of Aspirin which is nearly same thing.

ddjd

Apparantly dandruff is connected to high Estrogen. So a product like haiduts Androsterone might also work

jacob1111

i have had issues with this in the past a lot of peaters will suffer from this and i think it should be cleared up, it could be one of two things. 1 is your metabolic rate is so high your vitamin intake is not adequate enough this will also cause hair loss, get tested see if your deficient mine went away with a daily multivitamin. 2 its your consuming too much sugar that fungi/bacteria/parasites are picking up won't your not using, everyone has a healthy level of these organisms but they can grow out of control if you feed them too much. If you have acne this may be the cause(acne can be these organisms releasing toxins through the skin) there are foods that keep these organisms from getting out of hand they dont like anything spicy, (infact many foods are spiced because the foods can contain these organisms) garlic and ginger can get rid of any overgrowths. Also your genetics play a roll in what you should eat personally i think if you come from european background where the ground freezes all winter you probably shouldn't be drinking a ton of orange juice and tropical fruits in the wintertime your body has cycles just like the world does... try to eat little more with whats in season depending on your background genetics. p.s any topical solutions that are not vitamins will never solve the problem. i use a topical vitamin a mixed with vitamin e good for scars too hope this helps :)

ddjd

Just an update to my comment above re dandruff and estrogen. Everything that strongly reduces estrogen has stopped my dandruff. Extremely effective. I would say high estrogen is the key cause of dandruff now.

inurendotoxin

Just an update to my comment above re dandruff and estrogen. Everything that strongly reduces estrogen has stopped my dandruff. Extremely effective. I would say high estrogen is the key cause of dandruff now.

That's some useful insight - thanks!

Alpha

Dandruff seems to be a byproduct of high Staphylococcus to Propionibacterium ratio. There are also good and bad strains of Malasseiza that is good/bad for the scalp and dandruff. It also seems that sebum is generally favorable because it provides food for the beneficial microorganisms, although the byproduct might shift the scalp fatty acid profile towards more unsaturation, and contribute to male pattern baldness.

AnnSimpson

As mentioned above, lemon juice might help. Personally, I would suggest improving it with the hair mask recipe I've found here. 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of honey, mix and rub it carefully, leave it for 20 minutes then rinse off with a mild shampoo. Done. This mask, as well as, zinc intake, helped me. It's my second dandruff-free month now.

This is handy! Thanks!

GorillaHead

I feel like peripheral body temp influences dandruff. Low peripheral body temp increases dandruff.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals