Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

here is some new interesting findings.

Literature has it that in copper deficient diseases sebboreic dermatitis is common. In fact very common if you look at the highlighted percentages.

There is also the fact I have found literature where another copper disease menkes diseases, patients often have seb derm.

There is also the fact that copper is a great antifungal.

I also want to mention how there are numerous forums of farm animal owners talking about how they solved their goats dandruff with copper.

This is all interesting because simply supplementing copper alone has not solved the issue. But perhaps a huge piece of the puzzle

Attachments

• IMG_5009.png
    IMG_5009.png
    128 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5008.png
    IMG_5008.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 27
“Which oil is best for dandruff and hair fall? Apart from being an antifungal agent, rosemary essential oil also possess these qualities. It has a very similar effect on the scalp to peppermint essential oil. With regular use, it will reduce excess oil, product build-up, flakes, dandruff and other impurities from the scalp. It also has the ability to restrict overactive fungal activity in the scalp, which is one of the symptoms of dandruff. To use this hair oil for dandruff and hairfall,mix a few drops of rosemary essential oil with coconut or jojoba oil and massage into the scalp on wet or dry hair two to three times a week until dandruff goes away completely.”

dreamcatcher

The best natural alternative to combat dandruff is neem. This is one of the best shampoos:

Attachments

• IMG_20230505_094418.jpg
    IMG_20230505_094418.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230505_094814.jpg
    IMG_20230505_094814.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 32
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Dandruff is also a sign of hypothyroidism
Ya but I am not hypo.

What ive noticed is a ton of people suffer from this and many never get cured thru any form of nutrition or thyroid. What i have noticed is many different things cures dandruff for people which tells me the causes is different for everyone.

I have a new theory though. I am going to try to avoid retinol supplementation even from foods if possible and increase fiber.

When i was a child up until 18-20 i consumed a tremendous amount of milk. Finish a whole gallon in less than a week. Well those gallons of milk looks they artificially added retinol to them. Honestly which is crazy to think they do that to milk.

I theorize that my liver leaks retinol in the bile and that retinol gets reabsorbed back into my system blocking some of the benefits of vitamin D and causing my dandruff issue. Lots and lots of Fiber my be my best bet to make retinol not absorbable in the colon.

Whenever i consume taurine which increases bile my dandruff gets way way way worse. This could be explained by the increase of retinol being dropped into my colon and then reabsorbed in my system it could also be the cause of allergies for so many people as a study came out that said fiber would tremendously reduce allergies.

Will report back in a week if i see improvement

Nebula

Lately I've made good progress on my scalp health. I started massaging diluted white vinegar into my scalp every other day (1:3 ratio). Then letting it sit for about a half hour. Then doing a thorough massage with shampoo. I guess I just needed a stronger disinfectant and more vigorous friction washing away scalp biofilm loosened up by the vinegar.

Gypsumking

Ya but I am not hypo.

What ive noticed is a ton of people suffer from this and many never get cured thru any form of nutrition or thyroid. What i have noticed is many different things cures dandruff for people which tells me the causes is different for everyone.

I have a new theory though. I am going to try to avoid retinol supplementation even from foods if possible and increase fiber.

When i was a child up until 18-20 i consumed a tremendous amount of milk. Finish a whole gallon in less than a week. Well those gallons of milk looks they artificially added retinol to them. Honestly which is crazy to think they do that to milk.

I theorize that my liver leaks retinol in the bile and that retinol gets reabsorbed back into my system blocking some of the benefits of vitamin D and causing my dandruff issue. Lots and lots of Fiber my be my best bet to make retinol not absorbable in the colon.

Whenever i consume taurine which increases bile my dandruff gets way way way worse. This could be explained by the increase of retinol being dropped into my colon and then reabsorbed in my system it could also be the cause of allergies for so many people as a study came out that said fiber would tremendously reduce allergies.

Will report back in a week if i see improvement
Any update on any progress?

peter88

Meat makes my dandruff really bad but if I get protein from eggs and milk I have 0 visible dandruff. Sucks because I find meat very beneficial.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

There is only one last possibility that is causing this. Gut issues related to some allergy issue

Gypsumking

Personally I think it's gut irritation. The problem is all the ways to clear the gut of endotoxin are very irritating to the gut. It probably comes back to energy levels of endothelial cells of the intestines and hypothyroidism but as we know that's not an easy fix for most people as they can't get thyroid medication to work for them and it can make them worse. The least irritating diet as possible whilst keeping transit time quick and endotoxin low is the ideal and what we should be aiming for. That's going to be very individual unfortunately. Whilst, doing everything else that involves, lifestyle, environment, light, nutrition, psychological aspects etc to keep thyroid and energy production as high as possible

webbt

Dandruff can be solved with fish oil and flaxseed oil and some sunflower seeds. Rosemary and small dose niacin with each meal goes well with this.

Summer

@GorillaHead are you positively certain you have dandruff as opposed to dry scalp? Like you, my issue is like a white dust. Dandruff is usually yellow flakes.

I've tried so many typical dandruff treatments for my condition (thinking it was dandruff), but none did the trick. You would think powerful anti-fungal products would be a silver bullet, but if they aren't working, then I think some reevaluation is necessary.

A simple little YouTube short opened my eyes to the possibility that what I have isn't even dandruff. It makes a ton of sense for me given that I have very dry skin. My face also gets "dusty" very easily.

I recently bought Living Proof's Dry Scalp Treatment and while I'm not a fan of the scent, it is certainly helping.

dervmai

progress
@GorillaHead are you positively certain you have dandruff as opposed to dry scalp? Like you, my issue is like a white dust. Dandruff is usually yellow flakes.

I've tried so many typical dandruff treatments for my condition (thinking it was dandruff), but none did the trick. You would think powerful anti-fungal products would be a silver bullet, but if they aren't working, then I think some reevaluation is necessary.

A simple little YouTube short opened my eyes to the possibility that what I have isn't even dandruff. It makes a ton of sense for me given that I have very dry skin. My face also gets "dusty" very easily.

I recently bought Living Proof's Dry Scalp Treatment and while I'm not a fan of the scent, it is certainly helping.
I think everyone with dandruff/dry scalp has a skin barrier issue to a certain degree. I think dry scalp and dandruff like seb derm both have a the same cause.... which is a damaged skin barrier. The thing with seb derm is that you also are having an immune system reaction to the malassezia which is present on everyone's scalp fyi. I think you need to fix the skin barrier (using gentle shampoos, always moisturizing the scalp, but be careful if you have seb derm, you need to moisturize with seb derm safe moisturizers) and you also need to address the immune system reaction if you have seb derm by fixing diet and lifestyle and lowering stress. Approach it both topically and internally. I think anti- dandruff shampoos have their place but only if you are counteracting the drying effects of the shampoo (moisturize before and after shampooing and fixing internal causes of dry skin)

Last edited:

Summer

I think if

I think everyone with dandruff/dry scalp has a skin barrier issue to a certain degree. I think dry scalp and dandruff like seb derm both have a the same cause.... which is a damaged skin barrier. The thing with seb derm is that you also are having an immune system reaction to the malassezia which is present on everyone's scalp fyi. I think you need to fix the skin barrier (using gentle shampoos, always moisturizing the scalp, but be careful if you have seb derm, you need to moisturize with seb derm safe moisturizers) and you also need to address the immune system reaction if you have seb derm by fixing diet and lifestyle and lowering stress. Approach it both topically and internally. I think anti- dandruff shampoos have their place but only if you are counteracting the drying effects of the shampoo (moisturize before and after shampooing and fixing internal causes of dry skin)
Damaged skin barrier is a topic that I've been curious about. Are you saying that it will repair itself so long as you keep the affected area moisturized? Apart from the product I mentioned above, what would you recommend moisturizing the scalp with? It's a tricky area since a lot of products tend to make the hair look greasy.

dervmai

progress
Damaged skin barrier is a topic that I've been curious about. Are you saying that it will repair itself so long as you keep the affected area moisturized? Apart from the product I mentioned above, what would you recommend moisturizing the scalp with? It's a tricky area since a lot of products tend to make the hair look greasy.
Yes, as long as your diet is good. Internal health is like 60%, 20% is topicals, 20% is mental health (actively lower anxiety and stress via things like ; mediation, EFT tapping, CBT therapy, cold showers, exercise like walking, shifting your mindset to a more hopeful, less pessimistic view on life, herbal teas that lower anxiety- look into TCM).

MCT oil, squalene oil, BioM8 conditioning oil- this has a combination of seb derm safe oils, it also has caprylic in it which is antifungal similar to MCT oil, it also has vit e in it, works well and isn't too oily like MCT, it still is oily don't get me wrong but not as much. I have a method I'll mention below that reduces the oiliness of the oil.

This is what I recommend. Japanese skincare has this method called double cleansing... it sounds like it means you cleanse twice with harsh soaps but its quite the opposite. They rub oil based cleansers (you can just use the oils listed above) and they rub it in. It is very moisturizing and also cleansing at the same time. Look into oil double cleansing. You essentially do that to your scalp... before shampooing, apply a generous amount of oil all over your scalp, let it sit for 5-15 minutes then shampoo (ideally only 2-3 times a week with a gentle shampoo) and then follow up with a couple drops of oil as a conditioner. I find that if I apply the oil again after shampooing and let it sit for a minute or 2 then wash it off, I still get the moisturizing effects of the oil without it being so greasy afterwards. Shampooing strips the oils, and if you have dandruff you probably don't use a conditioner because it tends to make you flare. This keeps you in a loop because your skin can never heal because you keep stripping it of it's natural oils.

You can use anti fungals, but limit it a lot. Typical anti fungals say use it like 2 times a week which is way too much in my opinion. Use it more like 2x a month, being sure to moisturize heavily before and a little afterwards. Try to get a shampoo that also disrupts the biofilm on the scalp if you have seb derm like a shampoo with selenium sulfide.

If your diet is good, which means a low inflammation diet... not a peaty diet......... some people can be intolerant to something like dairy for example. You need to figure out your food sensitivities which is a headache to try to figure out... you most likely need to get on some form of an elimination diet for maybe a month and then reintro keeping a very keen eye on your biomarkers like bowel movements, how your stomach feels, sleep quality, mood etc....

Also I think a good probiotic is a must. Not anything like pills, think more along on the lines of like kefir, or sauerkraut. This goes under internal causes which I think accounts for roughly 60-70%. A healthy gut bacteria population allows you to tolerate starches and carbs more easily, which means less inflammation. It will help digest your safe carbs like potatoes and rice better, further lowering inflammation in the body.

Hope these tips help. Please keep me updated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals