Digestion Problems, Food Choices

Diokine

Eat what you think tastes good and doesn't cause you upset. $450 / month is a ton, if you're running out you're doing something wrong.

tara

I'd go for a bit more variety.
Do you have a kitchen you cook in?

Consider, if they agree with you:
Fruit, whatever's in season, cheap, ripe, and tasty.
Cook up cheap soup bones, mushrooms, eventually add veges for soup.
Some cheese if it agrees with you.
Liver once a week.
What else do you like?

Last edited:

theLaw

White Sugar (or honey)
Oysters
Beef Liver
OJ or AJ - a few cups per day
Fat free (or low fat) Greek Yogurt (cheap if you don't mind non-organic) for protein
Potato Juice (for high quality protein without the starch)

Personally, I just haven't seen very many members here with digestive issues do well on a starch-based diet.

I predict that you will end up ditching the starch, and even taking some Cyproheptadine for short time to get those issues under control, as other methods fail.

Also, it would probably be worth it to do a few rounds of 1-4tbsp of activated charcoal, and then add in milk slowly (start with 1/2 cup per day).

I've learned the hard way that for some this diet can't be half-assed like Paleo or Vegan, but must be strictly followed until issues improve.

Cheers!:D

Regina

I have a budget of 450 dollars a month and im eatting lots of french fries to get protein took milk out and doing a bit better digestion wise. I'm wondering though if it's too much strache leading to weight gain. I'm wondering eatting non organic with 450 bucks what should I eat? Was thinking of having chicken with conocut oil and a little bit of gelatin but worried even that I will run out of money. Suggestions?
You can make a whole lot of gelatin from one whole chicken. I get about 8 large mason jars of broth. Freeze half of them. The others I sip from. Or (as in today) dropped a couple of eggs in a bowl of broth and well-cooked kale and cheap cheese for a delicious soup. When I get a beef knuckle bone, it makes even more broth.
If you buy necks, wings, feet and tails, you really get nice gelatin stock. Whenever I make rice, I use one of these broths instead of water.

Wagner83

How are french fries healthy in any way?
As for gelatin as an important source of proteins tis may be worth a read :Gelatin Can Exarcerbate A Protein Insufficiency
Personally, I just haven't seen very many members here with digestive issues do well on a starch-based diet.

I predict that you will end up ditching the starch, and even taking some Cyproheptadine for short time to get those issues under control, as other methods fail.

Did they try lower fat , some proteins and a glass of fruit juice or soda? When do they eat their meal? How long did they try such a diet? How are they doing without the starch and without drugs or supplements?

theLaw

How are french fries healthy in any way?
As for gelatin as an important source of proteins tis may be worth a read :Gelatin Can Exarcerbate A Protein Insufficiency

Did they try lower fat , some proteins and a glass of fruit juice or soda? When do they eat their meal? How long did they try such a diet? How are they doing without the starch and without drugs or supplements?

Lower fat (under 10% of calories) can sometimes cause pretty nasty stress reactions from the FFAs released if you don't take proper precautions (Aspirin-Thiamine-Niacinamide), that each have their own issues if not dosed properly.

Cypro basically kills stress dead for a short time giving someone a chance to get their diet under control.

Many of the questions that you asked come back to the question of how long a person wants to wait to feel better on this diet...........months?...........years?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I keep gaining weight I was stable at 208-210 now im 212 i should be 150 145 at least. Any ideas? Should I take out oj because of calories.

theLaw

I keep gaining weight I was stable at 208-210 now im 212 i should be 150 145 at least. Any ideas? Should I take out oj because of calories.

Not sure if you are trolling here. Clearly you have not read any of the basics of a Ray Peat diet given your questioning of calories.

Might be wise to take some time and do some reading on the forum to familiarize yourself with the Peat basics before moving forward.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

sleep aids how to get them if doctor wont give them to you any ideas ebay what are safe ones? I want to take out potatoes from my diet to lower fat because of starch but french fries plus oj helps me sleep otherwise up all night I need a sleep aid if i change my diet ideas?

encerent

In the states I've found that the alternative PCPs (primary care providers) like NDs, PAs, ARNPs, more easily give out drugs you ask for than MDs.

How is your digustion now? Is that getting better at least?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

it was a little bit better for couple days relieve it's even worse for today only just a bad day. I'm switching out oj to dates and chicken and liver. To eat plus yogurt to get calcium. I think that will help a lot.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

why is ray against broccoli if it's very well cooked. What is wrong with it?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

eatting tuna with a lot of cocnout oil and the reducing mercury is there anything I can do like take a supplement or just don't eat many of them.

schultz

If you enjoy chicken skin so much that you don't mind getting some PUFA, then go for it.

I'd rather eat a steak or something personally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals