EXCESSIVE URINATION - PLEASE HELP

OP
Velve921

Velve921

It is small amounts at once...

Last week I had 2 mercury fillings, 2 mercury crowns, and root canal removed. Any chance that could be a cause of the issue? Also, does anyone have experience through mercury detox on a Peat Regimen?

Ewlevy1 said:
Gelatin, shrimp, grassfed milk, cheese, butter, OJ, coconut oil, tropical fruits, potatoes, carrots, eggs, and ice cream...no more coffee.
Hi, E! Can you please PM me a cronometer of what you eat, using cronometer.com, or post it here?

A few of Peat's simple principles present themselves:

1. We cannot use protein without sufficient carbohydrates, especially when there is endotoxic stress, while too much protein without sufficient carbohydrate causes stress;

2. Endotoxic stress can be mitigated with activated charcoal, cascara, lisuride and CO2; and

3. The specific gravity of your urine helps tell you how hypothyroid you happen to be at any given time, depending on the endotoxic stress you are suffering at that time. You can measure this specific gravity with an inexpensive refractometer. PM me if you would like a link to one.

The true virtue of Peat's ideas is that almost all of health is simple and practical, driven by our own regenerative consciousness. Take heart, you are likely a week or two away from being regenerated.

pboy

Ewlevy1 said:
It is small amounts at once...

Last week I had 2 mercury fillings, 2 mercury crowns, and root canal removed. Any chance that could be a cause of the issue? Also, does anyone have experience through mercury detox on a Peat Regimen?

yea it could, lots of immune system action can temporarily inflame the lymph nodes and spleen...which might also add pressure. Keep iron low for a little while, good amount of calories...I wouldn't add too much salt, just keep it light...cause that will only add more pressure, it seems like that's not the problem based on what you've wrote. I agree, within a few weeks youll be better

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Visionofstrength -

Here is my daily routine

Wake up

22oz of Kalona Whole Milk w/ 1oz of Xtra by Univera (Adaptogen) and 1 tbsp of gelatin
Nibble of dessicated thyroid hormone

epsom salt bath under red light for 1 hour

7am - 1pm - I sip on 50 oz of the following combination
Whole milk - 25 oz
OJ - 25 oz
4 tbsp of gelatin
1 tbsp of salt
2 tbsp of coconut oil
I nibble on dessicated thyroid 2 times throughout this time period

1pm

3 pasteur raised eggs with a little bit of kerrygolds cheese cooked in coconut oil
3 slices of watermelon
1 carrot

Afternoon

Epsom salt bath under red light for 30-60 minutes
Until dinner time

I sip on 25 ounces of:

whole milk - 12.5 oz
Oj - 12.5 oz
2 tbsp of gelatin
teaspoon of salt
1 tbsp of coconut oil
nibble on dessicated thyroid 2-3 times until dinner

Dinner

6-8oz of either meat or shrimp w/ bake potato and kerrygolds butter and little bit of cheese
10 oz glass of oj with 1/4 teaspoon of salt

Before Bed

1 pint of 3 Twins Ice cream with salt and gelatin sprinkled on top
4 drops of progest e
1/4 teaspoon of pregnenolone (3 times a week only)
1/4 t4

I occassionally use aspirin before bed but have not found consistency as I do not fully understand it yet.

I wake up twice a night currently, each time I take 1/4 t4 and swig OJ with salt.

Hope this gives you an idea...let me know if I need to go more in depth.

Jennifer

visionofstrength said:
3. The specific gravity of your urine helps tell you how hypothyroid you happen to be at any given time, depending on the endotoxic stress you are suffering at that time. You can measure this specific gravity with an inexpensive refractometer. PM me if you would like a link to one.

WOW! I finally come across someone on a Ray Peat forum who recommends using a refractometer to check their urine. I thought I was the only nut here using one. ;)

Do you also use it to check the Brix of your produce?

marcar72

Excessive urination would seem to point to a sodium deficiency. Your body may not have enough sodium (salt) in it to hold the water your body needs in place. So off the top of my head I'd say your diet may need a bit more salt. :2cents

Edit: well I see the post where you say you add salt to everything, so probably not salt then. I don't see oysters in your menu, but I do see you have some meat everyday. So your zinc is probably good unless you're quite sexually active, with a partner or with yourself. I'm assuming you're a male.

It might be an issue with your prostate gland being swollen, not allowing your bladder to fully empty.

I see you're coming from low carb paleo, that's a big hurdle to overcome. From what I understand it eventually wrecks your whole endocrine system.

So the only other that I can think of is maybe your body has still got a lot of FFA's (free fatty acids) floating around causing havok. If so most peeps in a Peat paradigm would be sure to eat 4 or 5 times a day to ensure that the body always has enough glucose to burn.

Also a lot of peeps using the Peat paradigm would supplement aspirin (along with vitamin K to counter aspirin's vitamin K leeching ability) to keep the FFA's from being released into the blood. I'm not sure the mechanism of how this works and have never supplemented aspirin though. I was fortunate enough I think to not ever try any low carb WOE's and feel my FFA ratio isn't nearly as detrimental as some other peeps who consumed way more PUFA's than I did. Again this is all just my :2cents worth.

tara

Jennifer said:
visionofstrength said:

WOW! I finally come across someone on a Ray Peat forum who recommends using a refractometer to check their urine. I thought I was the only nut here using one. ;)

[off topic:] I did this for a while too [pee not produce]. Still occasionally measure PH too, partly as a check that I'm not overdoing the calcium supplements. Hope that's valid. Considering starting an RBTI thread at some stage. Bet Daimyo measures brix on his produce. [/OT]

tara

tara said:
If you are only drinking about a litre of fluids that doesn't look like a huge amount, but if you are peeing clear that is often a sign that your body is not able to handle that much at the moment.
On your later menu, it looks more like 2 1/2 litre of fluids. In the long run it would be good to be able to drink this much. But in the short term, till you've got other things moving more in the right direction, I really would try drinking less for a while to see if it gives you a break.
I'd be peeing clear and frequent too, if I was drinking that much liquid with so little solids. You might benefit from boosting the calorie density of your drinks and increasing your carb intake by adding sugar to your drinks, condensing your milk, etc. And eating more solids in the morning.

Ewlevy1 said:
Here is my daily routine ...let me know if I need to go more in depth.
Cronometer.com lets you enter the amount of each of these, especially the fruit, and then calculates the totals. It saves a lot of time over looking everything up. Would you be able to do a cronometer entry (it's free), when it's convenient?

Frequent urination is usually endotoxic stress of some kind. You might want to try Peat's dense nutrition non-allergenic suggestions, which you can see by clicking here.

tara said:
[off topic:] I did this for a while too [pee not produce]. Still occasionally measure PH too, partly as a check that I'm not overdoing the calcium supplements. Hope that's valid. Considering starting an RBTI thread at some stage. Bet Daimyo measures brix on his produce. [/OT]
[on again off again topic:]I actually wondered if you had tried measuring the specific gravity around the times of your migraines, when you notice your urine increases and runs clear?[/OaOaT]

tara

visionofstrength said:
tara said:
[on again off again topic:]I actually wondered if you had tried measuring the specific gravity around the times of your migraines, when you notice your urine increases and runs clear?[/OaOaT]
A couple of times I did measure as I was going down, and it was lowish - brix about 1. But getting in more sugar then was too late to reverse it. At other times brix was often higher. Conductivity often on the high side, indicating high salt loss I think.

Wilfrid

Did you have, recently, your PTH, calcium/calcitonin, potassium, sodium and aldosterone/renin checked ?
And also your vitamin D ? ( as besides the ( very important) relation between vitamin D and PTH status, I think that there is also a link between low D and ADD....but the case of the vitamin D is a tricky one, though...since I read the different posts made by Suikerbuik on D, I now changed my mind about the systemic supplementation with it.)
Are you often thirsty? Are you prone to constipation?

I'm not a doctor, but the symptoms of hyperparathyroidism are , among few others, the following:

-fatigue
-depression
-generalized muscle aches and pains
-difficulty concentrating
-difficulty with memory
-insomnia
-excessive urination
-excessive thirst
-constipation

Suikerbuik

All interesting info.

My diet is extremely low and oxalats foods because of peat...why is oxalate so bad?

How much Sodium bicarbonate a day do you do? And how do you consume it? I currrently just brush my teeth and use it for deodorant.

I am just so mentally drained..this is by far the most difficult thing in life I've ever had to overcome. I cannot tell if my regimen is right and I just need to hold course? Or are there important concepts that I am missing? Besides the advice you have given me is there anything else that just seems so simple I am missing? Can you look through the entire thread with all my details and tell me what you think?

Thanks again!

Oxalic acids is one of the most important factors in kidney stones. When your kidneys 'sense' there's any crystallisation occuring they will increase your urine ouput. However even a saturatered solution of oxalic acid does not have to induce kidney stone formation. More is involved like, uric acid, probably lactid acid, GFR, Vit. D metabolism, PTH, calcyfying nanopartcles also sometimes revered to as nanobacteria and more.

Another point I tried to make is pH of your urine. Acids decrease your urine pH this will also increase your urine output. And such acids can irritate the bladder, thus make you go even though your bladder isn't full.

I use 1,5 gram/ day mostly. Be carefull to not overdo it, uneses you measure your pH (should be between 6 and 7,5 most of the time).

There may very well be concepts and details that you're missing. Life is complex matter and indeed includes much more than what has been said so far. Also little details that can be so much useful, are often overlooked. I don't feel like telling you more at this point in time, nor I think I can based on forum interaction, because I think most things will actually distract you (no core issue) and/or simply do not apply to you. If anything is really needed you will come across, with time comes counsel as they say !!.

Hold course, see if you can find patterns. Wilfrid gave you some further interesting information which is in line with what I am thinking and what may be happening in your case. Just can't help you out more at my position here, sorry.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Wilfred,

My Vitamin D levels are good, however my PTH was a little High and calcium was high in the blood which was the only measure that was off the chart at my last blood test. This was before I started Peating...I will have it checked again in sept.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Sulkerbulk,

Thank you for all your help! Truly means a lot and I understand reasoning. I will tinker with the sodium bicarbonate.

Jennifer

tara said:
Jennifer said:
visionofstrength said:

Oh cool! I have my reagents and pH cards still sitting in my bathroom drawer for occasional use. For over a year, I was under the care of a really knowledgable practitioner (Su Aberle from Promise Outreach) and I learnt a lot from her, much of which is aligned with Ray's teachings, so it would be nice to have a discussion with others. I'd love to see an RBTI thread.

Sorry for getting off topic!

Suikerbuik

No problem, you're welcome. Poor sleep patterns can be one of the most distressing things and is essential for optimum health. Hope I can be of any help.

Symptoms, your personal experiences, how you describe you feel are too abstract to judge about. Numbers however, although they are a snapshot, are something we can work with. Especially PTH and calcium can say much related to this condition. Vitamin D, at least on it's own as the 25D metabolite, not so much.

Were you on a diet containing sufficient calcium when these values were determined? Have you been supplementing this Vit. D3 before by the way?

Enough calcium from the diet should lower your PTH and inhibit calcium loss from your bones (calcium from your bones are probably the cause of these elevated numbers). If your calcium intake is sufficient, with a remaining elevated PTH then the situation is getting more complex. On a Peat inspired diet calcium should be sufficient. Looking forward seeing your new numbers before being 3 steps ahead of the situation.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I use to take Vitamin D3...once my levels were good and my calcium was too high I backed off. I use to never get any calcium...since peating for 4 months I definitely get enough calcium as well as magnesium, potassium, and sodium.

THe urination began after a 4 month leaning process 3 years ago where I did:

processed meat, veges, nuts, seeds,fish oil, coffee on a warrior diet with high intensity training with no rest during my workouts. I think my body was severely damaged during that time...how long did it take your body to heal before you started seeing good results in urination? peeing zero times a night?

pboy

I know sleep isn't the main part of this topic...but I had a revalation the other day. Ive kind of sensed it but then verified it. When I go to sleep with full energy...even feeling stimulated like I don't need to sleep...I end up falling asleep easier, dreams are much better and I remember them on wake, I don't urinate as much during the night, need less overall sleep, and feel better upon wake. In other words...sleep should not be a pass out escape because of exhaustion, it should be an enjoyable activity utilized while in a high energy state....so to help yourself sleep, make sure youre a bit up and feeling pretty good before hand, plenty of energy intake...when I drink tea even at night, the energy is higher, and its easier to sleep...even though I feel like I need it less

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals