EXCESSIVE URINATION - PLEASE HELP

Surfari

Ewlevy1-
How do you feel after the baths? The reason I ask is because I’ve noticed if I have the water too warm I feel drained after a soak, not relaxed. I have to have the water at almost room temp to avoid this, and not stay for too long, because then the water gets cold. I have to be careful with showers being too hot too. I also can feel stressed from sitting under light.

Peata

I try not to take hot baths because I end up feeling stimulated rather than relaxed when I get out.

Suikerbuik

I use to take Vitamin D3...once my levels were good and my calcium was too high I backed off. I use to never get any calcium...since peating for 4 months I definitely get enough calcium as well as magnesium, potassium, and sodium.

THe urination began after a 4 month leaning process 3 years ago where I did:

processed meat, veges, nuts, seeds,fish oil, coffee on a warrior diet with high intensity training with no rest during my workouts. I think my body was severely damaged during that time...how long did it take your body to heal before you started seeing good results in urination? peeing zero times a night?

My night issues became after a similar episode 5 years ago (just turned 17). I was/am suffering sibo and (gradually) eating less made me feel much better - symptom wise. At the time I could handle this and I had much resilience. I even began fasting periodically and drinking much water and restricting salt (>3L) (was which all seemingly healthy....). Sporting a lot, school, work, etc you know it, and quitting was no option (and still no option ;)). At the age of 18 I was completely broke. Became socially isolated, school was impossible, no sports, had given up work earlier. My metabolism slowed down, thyroid tested too low, had low weight (BMI of only 17.0 at 18-20 years) and more.

I began reading about health, mind, stress, how a body works, etc. Unfortunetaly much being written out there is crap and according to doctors it's all in your head. I put all my remaining energy in investigating health. With experience (burned my **** too many times to count on your hands), feeling and curiosity I came across new things everytime. Everytime I came across something new only a tiny bit was true for me. I Kept the good things and discarded what didn't fit me (which is/was a lot!). Most things are not completely wrong in theory, but most stuff has no relevant value for reality.

A similar situation, you have been in, occured to me too. I was using vitamin D supplements (only 1000 - 2000 i.u. /day) and calcium (500 mg/ day). I start suffering symtpoms of hypercalceamia, I occasionaly felt something like crystals in the kidneys with an intense short pain moment. I also start peeing more than usual 4-5 times a night during a few months.
My body is quite sensitive and began researching the whole vitamin D metabolism. I start avoiding vitamin D supplements and things began to go better and better. A controversial thing is that when I initially started vitamin D suppletion I began feeling better in just a few weeks and felt really awesome 2 months after I began supplementing vitamin D. I even thought I was curing and advising vitamin D to a few relatives..... (at the time vitamin D was really hot topic - 2009/2010)

It is this whole process brought me to were I am now. I came across the work of Peat last year. I am 22 now, and the last 2-3 months my need to pee at night is gone most of the time. I can sleep 8 hours a night without waking up even once. (As far as my memories go, not once the last 14 days). As said this peeing issue at night didn't have my focus and I still don't track it. It really is a blessing to be able to sleep for 8 hours straight, but there's other things that have my focus.
At this moment I am still avoiding vitamin D supplements, fatty fish and all that (i.e. cod liver oil). I really can't give you any prognosis. I know you are able to reverse this without any doubt.

You may want to dig into the subject yourself? This vit. D metabolism could certainly a factor in solving your issues, but unlike the other 'simple' practical useful things this requires more understanding of the human body - it has complex interactions with almost anything. Some keywords can be : parathyroid hormone, 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitatmin D receptor, RANKL, 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D, osteoclasts, ... ?? I can help you understand the subject, but these things take time and much dedication to understand. Even my understanding is by far not complete despite Hourssss of reading ;).

aquaman

Ewlevy1 said:
I typically go to sleep around 9:30 and wake up at 12ish, 3ish, and up between 5 and 6.

in one Radio interview, RP mentions a man who woke up every hour roughly, so he set an alarm clock of slightly shorter intervals and drank juice or milk and sugar to offset the stress hormones, and RP says within a week he was sleeping through the night.

You could try this before your regular wakeup times?

The idea as I understand is to reduce the cumulative stress hormone effects, meaning that the next night you have less to deal with, and less on each consecutive night.

aquaman

Peata said:
In addition to what you've already been advised, I would cut my liquid intake some and replace it with solid foods.

Yes, surprised this hasn't been said more on the thread. Go for homemade cottage cheese and fruit preserve/cooked apples instead of milk, for example.

aquaman

visionofstrength said:
3. The specific gravity of your urine helps tell you how hypothyroid you happen to be at any given time, depending on the endotoxic stress you are suffering at that time. You can measure this specific gravity with an inexpensive refractometer.

Where did you see this from RP?

aquaman said:
visionofstrength said:
3. The specific gravity of your urine helps tell you how hypothyroid you happen to be at any given time, depending on the endotoxic stress you are suffering at that time. You can measure this specific gravity with an inexpensive refractometer.

Where did you see this from RP?
Peat typically refers to osmolarity, especially in his Water article. Measuring specific gravity is an inexpensive way of looking at osmolarity.

aquaman said:
Errr... you're drinking nearly a gallon of fluid a day. If I did this I'd pee 10 times a night!
Try it sometime. You'll be surprised, you won't, or if you do, it likely means you're hypothyroid, stressed or have inflammation impinging on your bladder.

aquaman

visionofstrength said:
aquaman said:
Errr... you're drinking nearly a gallon of fluid a day. If I did this I'd pee 10 times a night!
Try it sometime. You'll be surprised, you won't, or if you do, it likely means you're hypothyroid, stressed or have inflammation impinging on your bladder.

I have and did for a long time. most people find RP through being Hypo and stressed, so to advise to drink that much fluid is wrong for many I think. See Mittir's posts about calorie density of foods.

Jennifer

aquaman, I'm not sure if this will matter much since your personal experience tells you otherwise, but Ray doesn't think all the fluids from milk and juice are a problem even for hypothyroid people because they are osmotically balanced. He thinks only plain water is an issue.

"Q:You have mentioned in interviews and articles that excess fluid intake is problematic for
hypothyroid people. You also mentioned that thirst is a good guide and salt helps with excess fluid.
In forums, many hypothyroid people think that they have to drink 2-3 quarts of milk and OJ for the
nutrients even if they do not feel thirsty. That is why i asked about reducing milk and juices.
This way a hypothyroid person can get all the nutrient without consuming excess fluid."

"Ray Peat wrote:
Milk and fruit juice are osmotically balanced with minerals and sugar, so they don't cause imbalance of body fluids, the way drinking plain water can in a hypothyroid person. Many doctors have recommended drinking a certain amount of water every day, regardless of thirst, and that often causes problems in people with hormonal problems."

I have to say, when I was doing RBTI after doing 80/10/10 for two years, I couldn't even look at fluids without my sugars crashing, sending me running to the bathroom all day long and peeing clear. I was still shy with the salt at that time so I wonder if that contributed. Anyhow, now I can drink a gallon of milk and pee only 4-6 times in a 24 hour period.

aquaman said:
visionofstrength said:
aquaman said:

I have and did for a long time. most people find RP through being Hypo and stressed, so to advise to drink that much fluid is wrong for many I think. See Mittir's posts about calorie density of foods.
Oops, I may have misunderstood, I assumed we were talking about a gallon of milk or fruit juice, not plain water? If you are drinking milk and fruit juice, and still urinating excessively, then you just need to fix the hypothyroidism or stress, which may not take long, and your urination becomes just one more thing you can monitor to see if you're getting better.

aquaman

visionofstrength said:
aquaman said:
visionofstrength said:
aquaman said:

Oops, I may have misunderstood, I assumed we were talking about a gallon of milk or fruit juice, not plain water? If you are drinking milk and fruit juice, and still urinating excessively, then you just need to fix the hypothyroidism or stress, which may not take long, and your urination becomes just one more thing you can monitor to see if you're getting better.

Agreed.

Yes it's milk and juice, no water.

Skim milk powder pancakes with fruit preserve/cooked fruits work well in the mornings to get lots of calories, protein and nutrients with minimal water.

It's 1 cup of skim milk powder, 1-2 eggs, 1/3rd cup milk, few tbsp sugar, blended and cooked like normal pancakes in coconut oil.

It's about 35 frams of protein in a cup of skim milk powder, plus the egg protein.

tara

Found this in RP Email Advice thread:

Ray Peat said:
Estrogen can cause ovarian cysts to develop, and can contribute to the development of skin tags and moles. Its effects on the urethra might help with incontinence, but it can cause problems with the bladder muscle, and cystitis.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1035&start=30#p11587

I imagine you've ruled out UTI's. For me, a key part of solving them was regular small amounts of cranberry juice. If I understand it right, UTI's are fairly easy to diagnose, but I think there are other kinds of more generalised pelvic inflammation that are harder to identify. I think interstitial cystitis can increase pressure on the bladder. Wikipedia says its a diagnoses by exclusion.

answersfound

I wanted to chime in here, I noticed the OP mentioned high calcium in the blood. I recently tested with elevated calcium levels and also find I have frequent urination NO MATTER HOW MUCH SALT I CONSUME. I've had the high calcium in the blood for years, so I wonder what I need to do to bring it back down into range.

tara

lookingforanswers said:
I wanted to chime in here, I noticed the OP mentioned high calcium in the blood. I recently tested with elevated calcium levels and also find I have frequent urination NO MATTER HOW MUCH SALT I CONSUME. I've had the high calcium in the blood for years, so I wonder what I need to do to bring it back down into range.

I think high prolactin tends to draw calcium from bones into blood, and one possible cause for high prolactin is inadequate calcum in diet. I'm not sure what other cause there are.

answersfound

tara said:
lookingforanswers said:

I think high prolactin tends to draw calcium from bones into blood, and one possible cause for high prolactin is inadequate calcum in diet. I'm not sure what other cause there are.

i eat plenty of dairy products, i'd be shocked if i was not getting enough calcium. since peating i haven't gotten any cavities and i used to get them all the time. my prolactin levels measured middle of the range at 7.8 (range was 4.0-15.2)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals