Dry Eyes

Shrimp

Any ideas for what could help out dry eyes? I am already taking NDT (temps/pulse normal/high), Vitamin A, magnesium, K2, and some pregnenolone daily. Diet right now is mostly OJ, cheese, chicken breasts, beef, rice, potatoes, butter, applesauce, peaches, occasional oysters, gelatin. Eye drops don't seem to help much, and most of the nutritional stuff I've read has recommended omega3/6/9 supplements...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

m_arch

I suffered dry eyes for years until a few months ago.

For me oysters and beef liver were the answer. If it was me, I'd Eat a lot of both for a few days and see how I went. If it is those foods, it shouldn't take long to see improvement

dd99

I occasionally suffer from dry, red eyes. Tried all sorts of drops. But now I've found what works for me: saline solution. I made my own batch and put it in a sterilized bottle, but that didn't help. Once I bought those mini individual saline dropper bottles, my eyes felt intense relief.

Brandon

I suffered dry eyes for years until a few months ago.

For me oysters and beef liver were the answer. If it was me, I'd Eat a lot of both for a few days and see how I went. If it is those foods, it shouldn't take long to see improvement
Why do you think liver and oysters work ?

Amazoniac

Zinc is a cofactor for some of the functions of fat-soluble vitamins; and you need some copper along to maintain its balance..
There are many experiments to read online where they compared vitamin A (and even D) alone and in combination with zinc; the difference is quite remarkable.

J

James IV

What's your fat intake at percent of calories wise? I find when carb to fat ratio gets too high for too long (unless you are overfeeding), dry eyes, and vision issues (floaters, sensitivity, etc) follow.

EIRE24

What's your fat intake at percent of calories wise? I find when carb to fat ratio gets too high for too long (unless you are overfeeding), dry eyes, and vision issues (floaters, sensitivity, etc) follow.

What would be a good ratio? I guess you don't think low fat diets are good to run long term?

ddjd

Dry eyes could be caused by anti cholinergic things. Low choline equals dry eyes

Apple

Benadryl is known to cause dry eyes as well.
yep, antihistamins cause dry eye
Dry eyes could be caused by anti cholinergic things. Low choline equals dry eyes
I also think that reducing the amount of eggs in my diet contributed to dry eye. I used to eat 2 eggs every day and had a very good eyesight but then figured eggs are bad for my skin (acne).

Coffee and tea make my eye dry. For some reason only one eye feels dry and has floaters, the other one is ok .
How can we counteract that ? ( I don't want to refuse drinking coffee and antihistamins (when needed) )

ddjd

yep, antihistamins cause dry eye

I also think that reducing the amount of eggs in my diet contributed to dry eye. I used to eat 2 eggs every day and had a very good eyesight but then figured eggs are bad for my skin (acne).

Coffee and tea make my eye dry. For some reason only one eye feels dry and has floaters, the other one is ok .
How can we counteract that ? ( I don't want to refuse drinking coffee and antihistamins (when needed) )
caffeine is also highly anticholingergic

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals