EstroBan - Liquid Vitamin (K, A, D, E) Mix

Would you buy custom, liquid suplement with the 4 fat-soluble vitamins (K2, A, D, E)?

• No

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Only if it costs less than $50 for 30 days supply

Votes: 36 9.5%
  • Only if it costs less than $40 for 30 days supply

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • Only if it costs less than $30 for 30 days supply

Votes: 106 28.0%
  • Only if it costs less than $20 for 30 days supply

Votes: 111 29.3%
  • Only if it costs less than $10 for 30 days supply

Votes: 81 21.4%

• Total voters

alebaba

Re: Custom, liquid dietary supplement with vitamins K2, A, D, E

haidut said:
alebaba said:
Just wanted to say estroban is some good stuff, I haven't gotten any break out since taking it. The only con I would say is the bottle.

Thanks! Care to share what the concern about the bottle is? The plastic, the shape, size, etc?
If it's the plastic, we do have an option to switch to a glass one but it will not have a built-in dropper and will also be a bit heavier, so we may have to raise the shipping by $1.

It's just a little pain in the **** to squeeze the bottle.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

lookingforanswers said:
haidut said:
lookingforanswers said:
What about a capsule version with higher doses, like this:

Vitamin A: 25,000 IU
Vitamin D: 5,000 IU
Vitamin E: 400 IU
Vitamin K2: 100-200 mcg

I would have to get capsules from another vendor and after doing some research they all seem to have impurities. In addition, powdered versions of retinol and tocopherol will probably contain some nasty fillers. The vendors that sell high purity stuff all sell them as liquids.
Anyways, I will keep this in mind and if I find an option to get clean raw materials I will consider it. There is no denying that capsules are very convenient.

hmm, i think a higher dose option would be my first priority over the capsules, however, i'm sure that would increase the price significantly...like an Estroban XL

Noted, I will keep an eye on cheaper ways to produce the products so we can get a larger version for similar price. Hopefully, within 6 months we will be in a new facility and that can change the dynamics a lot.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

alebaba said:
haidut said:
alebaba said:
Just wanted to say estroban is some good stuff, I haven't gotten any break out since taking it. The only con I would say is the bottle.

Thanks! Care to share what the concern about the bottle is? The plastic, the shape, size, etc?
If it's the plastic, we do have an option to switch to a glass one but it will not have a built-in dropper and will also be a bit heavier, so we may have to raise the shipping by $1.

Understood, I will see if the supplier has softer bottles. One of the reasons we chose this bottle was the type of plastic. I think all other bottles have plastic with more BPA in it, but I will check anyways.

dd99

I like the estroban bottle. The first one I got clogged up, but then I realised it's because I wasn't storing it upright. Since then, it's been great.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

dd99 said:
I like the estroban bottle. The first one I got clogged up, but then I realised it's because I wasn't storing it upright. Since then, it's been great.

Good to know, thanks. I guess sometimes things solidify if kept in cold conditions. Since the bottle is non-transparent and hermetic, it probably won't be a problem to keep it outside of the fridge for couple of months. My guess is that the product will run out before it gets to the point of somehow spoiling. In addition, the vitamin E inside protects the fats for even longer.

jyb

The bottle seemed fine for me. I store in the cold but I have no problem waiting a few minutes before I can shake it and extract drops.

haidut said:
alebaba said:
haidut said:
alebaba said:

Understood, I will see if the supplier has softer bottles. One of the reasons we chose this bottle was the type of plastic. I think all other bottles have plastic with more BPA in it, but I will check anyways.

I find it's hard to squeeze because it is very short, the plastic itself is quite soft.

answersfound

Haidut, do you ever take this orally?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

lookingforanswers said:
Haidut, do you ever take this orally?

Sometimes yes, if I don't have time to rub the ointment until it is fully absorbed.

barbwirehouse

Haidut, can I get the certificates of analysis? You might want to put them up on the product page or in the OP post.

Do you know the bioavailability of estroban topically and orally?

Charlie said:
haidut sent me the COA of the ingredients in estroban so I thought it would be a good idea to post it up for people who might be interested.

I cannot download cholecalciferol or retinol_palmitate, it gives me a php file.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

barbwirehouse said:
Haidut, can I get the certificates of analysis? You might want to put them up on the product page or in the OP post.

Do you know the bioavailability of estroban topically and orally?

Charlie said:
haidut sent me the COA of the ingredients in estroban so I thought it would be a good idea to post it up for people who might be interested.

I cannot download cholecalciferol or retinol_palmitate, it gives me a php file.

I will try to dig them up, but please ask Charlie as well. Since you are also getting an error message he may want to look into this.

janus

haidut said:
As you know, vitamin K requires 30g+ fat intake in a meal to absorb optimally

Got a reference for this?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut said:
janus said:
haidut said:

Yes, actually it is 35g of fat, and neither more nor less will increase absorption.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8877895

This definitely deserves a thread of its own in the scientific subforum seeing how expensive Vitamin K2 is and how important it is to ensure its absorption.

Seems for those on fat free diets, vitamin K2 is best taken topically, say, via the back of the wrists.

Dean

Yeah, I wasn't aware of this. I am following a low fat regime and was planning to do the 15 mg of k2(mk4) to try and help clean up my liver. So, if I wanted to do that I'd need to drop the low fat or use, what, 225 drops/day (of liquid Thorne), topically, for the equivalent. That's a disappointing revelation.

I should mention, however, that for the last month I have been taking two or three drops a day of the Thorne D/k2 and a Super K pill 2 or 3 times a week (which isn't a whole lot of vit k. in all) and yet I have been experiencing the "morning wood" of a school boy fresh out of puberty, every morning-- a phenomena I haven't experienced for decades. So, obviously despite eating very low fat and using pretty insignificant amounts of vitK, some is getting utilized, somewhere, somehow.

Why not put it on the skin?

narouz

Dean said:
Yeah, I wasn't aware of this. I am following a low fat regime and was planning to do the 15 mg of k2(mk4) to try and help clean up my liver. So, if I wanted to do that I'd need to drop the low fat or use, what, 225 drops/day (of liquid Thorne), topically, for the equivalent. That's a disappointing revelation.

I should mention, however, that for the last month I have been taking two or three drops a day of the Thorne D/k2 and a Super K pill 2 or 3 times a week (which isn't a whole lot of vit k. in all) and yet I have been experiencing the "morning wood" of a school boy fresh out of puberty, every morning-- a phenomena I haven't experienced for decades. So, obviously despite eating very low fat and using pretty insignificant amounts of vitK, some is getting utilized, somewhere, somehow.

This subject, "morning wood," deserves of course a dedicated thread :) but...
in my experience
the phenomenon is not related to sexual arousal
but rather to urine load pressing upon prostate.
So...not sure how this fits into the Vit K discussion...

I now return you to your regular PG programming.

sweetpeat

haidut said:
janus said:
haidut said:

Yes, actually it is 35g of fat, and neither more nor less will increase absorption.

If I'm reading the study right, it looks like a 15mg dose of K was used. If this is so, would a smaller dosage require a smaller amount of fat needed for absorption?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

sweetpeat said:
haidut said:
janus said:
haidut said:

If I'm reading the study right, it looks like a 15mg dose of K was used. If this is so, would a smaller dosage require a smaller amount of fat needed for absorption?

I don't think the dosage matter since the people were of different weight and 15mg per person is effectively different dosage in mg/kg depending on how much each person weighs. Since they all got similar absorption, I think the issue that you have to eat certain amount of fat to trigger the fat breakdown enzymes and allow the intestines to absorb the vitamin. I am not an expert in bioavailability of K2 so not sure on that. Peat said in one interview that human studies showed optimal absorption of nutrients when some saturated fat was present in all meals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals