Fatigue, aging and recuperation

Blossom

Forum Supporter
November 2006 newsletter
Ray wrote:
Water in the body occupies three major compartments- blood vessels,extracellular matrix, and the moist cell substance itself- and its condition in each compartment is a little different, and subject to variation. There are no textbooks in use in the U.S. that treat intracellular water scientifically, and the result is that physicians are confused when they see patients with edema or with disturbances in blood volume. It rarely occurs to consider the disturbances of water distribution in problems such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, sleep disturbances, frequent urination, slow bladder emptying, anxiety, parenthesis, movement disorders, and the tunnel syndromes, or even slowed thinking, but "intracellular fatigue" leading to over-hydration is probably the central problem in these, and many other degenerative and inflammatory problems. The improvements in cell functions and water distribution that are inversely related to oxygen pressure, and directly related to carbon dioxide, won't be discussed in medical textbooks until they have given up the idea of membrane-regulated cells.
The "treatment" for intracellular fatigue consists of normalizing thyroid and steroid metabolism, eating a diet including fruit juice, milk, some eggs or liver, and gelatin, assuring adequate calcium, potassium, sodium and magnesium, and using supplements of niacinamide, aspirin and carbon dioxide when necessary.

paper_clips43

So he actually recommended supplemental Co2 there at the end.
Does anyone else do this? I am considering buying some Co2 and sitting in it like Ray Peat said he does.
I remember he said you can feel it warm when it hits your skin and I wonder if that could help the cold extremities!

Can you do anything else with Co2 besides just sit in it and put it in bags over limbs?

SQu

Thanks Blossom! I really need to ponder this as I have/had the first four on the list and good sleep still eludes me

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
paper_clips43 said:
So he actually recommended supplemental Co2 there at the end.
Does anyone else do this? I am considering buying some Co2 and sitting in it like Ray Peat said he does.
I remember he said you can feel it warm when it hits your skin and I wonder if that could help the cold extremities!

Can you do anything else with Co2 besides just sit in it and put it in bags over limbs?
I'm fairly confident bag breathing would count towards supplementing CO2. I'm curious about sitting in CO2 too! I think he talked about it in the 2009 CO2 video. If you go for it be sure to share and I will do the same! I believe I've read on the forum of some others trying that technique. :D

tara

I got a CO2 tank a couple of weeks ago, and a plastic mattress bag, and have a date lined up to try it with someone in the weekend.
Seller helpfully warned me against freezing my hand on the outlet (I don't have a regulator on it, just a hand controlled tap and hose), and avoiding any knocks to the valve that would turn it into a missile.
I plan on soaking fungus foot in vinegar before and after, because I gather it makes fungi regenerate well too.
Will report after I've tried it.

tara

Dry CO2 bath experiment 1: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3503&start=30#p42125

Philomath

I too would like to try the bag technique! I've considered just putting a block of dry ice in a bag with me to see if it would have the same effect of a purchased canister of CO2.
I've also read about carboxy therapy, where the have been succesfully reducing scars, wrinkles and dark circles by directly injecting CO2 subcutaneously. There's also a japanese/Korean product you can buy on Amazon that is essentially a mask that when combined with a gel creates CO2. I tested something like that at home - I put a thin strip of baking soda combined with cream of tartar on a small patch of Press'n'seal. I covered the powder with a thin ply toilet paper and sealed it in by adhering it to the the press'n'seal. when I added a few drops of water I could hear it bubbling. At some point, I hope to try "sticking" the press'n'seal "bandage" to my skin to see if the released CO2 is absorbed in the skin. Just one more thing on my ever growing Peat "to do list"!!

tara

Philomath said:
I've considered just putting a block of dry ice in a bag with me to see if it would have the same effect of a purchased canister of CO2.
Did you try this? From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide), I gather that a kilo block of dry ice will expand to about 2 cubic meters when it sublimes at normal air pressure and temperature. So something like 100 g might be good? I guess it will also suck a bit of heat out of the environment, including you if you are in the bag with it at the time, to do this. Haven't done the physics to work out how much, so I don't know if it's significant. But evaporating from the cannister created a bit of (wet) ice on the outside. Please report if you try it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals