Fenbendazole/Mebendazole in DMSO

ampersand

I'm hoping someone could answer a quick question for me. A relative of mine has non-small cell lung cancer that has metastasized to the lining of his brain, and his most recent prognosis is 3-6 months. I'm reading about fenbendazole and mebendazole, both of which can penetrate the blood-brain barrier and have some interesting anti-cancer properties, but they have low solubility in water so it can be difficult to get high concentrations of the drug into the body from oral ingestion. So I was wondering if people have tried using DMSO as a carrier.

I came across this product ( https://cdn.caymanchem.com/cdn/insert/18872.pdf ) being sold for research purposes, but I don't understand one of the lines: "Mebendazole is soluble in the organic solvent DMSO, which should be purged with an inert gas, up to a concentration of approximately 10 mM." I don't have any chemistry or biology background, can anyone explain to me what they mean by "purged with an inert gas"?

Does it seem plausible that this is a drug that would be effective applied topically? I'm still trying to do more reading, but figured I'd ask just in case someone here already has an opinion on this.

Attachments

• 18872.pdf
    182 KB · Views: 41

aliml

Bubbling a solution with a high-purity (typically inert) gas can pull out undesired (typically reactive) dissolved gases such as oxygen and carbon dioxide. Nitrogen, argon, helium and other inert gases are commonly used. To maximize this process called sparging, the solution is stirred vigorously and bubbled for a long time. Because helium is not very soluble in most liquids, it is particularly useful to reduce the risk of bubbles in high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) systems.
Do I have to purge my DMSO with an inert gas to make my solution?

OP
ampersand

ampersand

@Palerider @aliml thank you both for your responses. The Dr Golding site is very useful and so is the cancer treatment research site.

I still don't totally understand the purpose of the degassing but I'm guessing it's for lab research purposes and not for simply dissolving the drug in dmso for topical use.

Mauritio

The in vivo effects of it on cancer are impressive.
Look at the tumor volume and weight in the FZ (fenbendazole) group!

Screenshot 2023-11-10 16.29.55.png

- Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways

ddjd

I'm hoping someone could answer a quick question for me. A relative of mine has non-small cell lung cancer that has metastasized to the lining of his brain, and his most recent prognosis is 3-6 months. I'm reading about fenbendazole and mebendazole, both of which can penetrate the blood-brain barrier and have some interesting anti-cancer properties, but they have low solubility in water so it can be difficult to get high concentrations of the drug into the body from oral ingestion. So I was wondering if people have tried using DMSO as a carrier.

I came across this product ( https://cdn.caymanchem.com/cdn/insert/18872.pdf ) being sold for research purposes, but I don't understand one of the lines: "Mebendazole is soluble in the organic solvent DMSO, which should be purged with an inert gas, up to a concentration of approximately 10 mM." I don't have any chemistry or biology background, can anyone explain to me what they mean by "purged with an inert gas"?

Does it seem plausible that this is a drug that would be effective applied topically? I'm still trying to do more reading, but figured I'd ask just in case someone here already has an opinion on this.

View: https://twitter.com/iluminatibot/status/1777562462541303901?t=scrq9Eqw23D61GNf95ZxDw&s=19

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals