Fish antibiotics

cjm

Mine doesn’t come out too chalky tasting. I make mine with @ 2cups of carbonated water and 1/2 tsp mag hydroxide. Does that sound right?

Yep! It's a nice mild "earthy" chalk flavor.

Are you thinking about a course of doxycycline?

OP
D

Darleen

Yep! It's a nice mild "earthy" chalk flavor.

Are you thinking about a course of doxycycline?
Ok thanks. In November I did 2 weeks of ampicillin and it helped my rash and my dry eye as well. This month the rash came back even though I was starting a low dose doxycycline (50mg bid) for dry eye as per my doctor. But then I started getting a different rash on my fingers, they were so itchy and burning and had some hives so I stopped the doxy.
I think I’m going to start back on my desiccated thyroid and test in a few weeks. See how that goes. Have so many issues Like rashes, severe anxiety corneal erosions from the dry eye and chronic nausea, I had thought for a while I had some kind of autoimmunity. Was going to try a fish ampicillin.

cjm

Ok thanks. In November I did 2 weeks of ampicillin and it helped my rash and my dry eye as well. This month the rash came back even though I was starting a low dose doxycycline (50mg bid) for dry eye as per my doctor. But then I started getting a different rash on my fingers, they were so itchy and burning and had some hives so I stopped the doxy.
I think I’m going to start back on my desiccated thyroid and test in a few weeks. See how that goes. Have so many issues Like rashes, severe anxiety corneal erosions from the dry eye and chronic nausea, I had thought for a while I had some kind of autoimmunity.

Ugh, did you even get relief from the dry eye? One problem solved, another created.

I feel for you, especially with the accompanying anxiety. Magnesium could help there, and with the thyroid.

What else worked for dry eye? Any experience with ketotifen? It helps me reduce "screen strain" from my desk job.

OP
D

Darleen

Ugh, did you even get relief from the dry eye? One problem solved, another created.

I feel for you, especially with the accompanying anxiety. Magnesium could help there, and with the thyroid.

What else worked for dry eye? Any experience with ketotifen? It helps me reduce "screen strain" from my desk job.
I’m hoping getting my thyroid active will help woth the anxiety. My dry eye is definitely hormone related, I would notice a worsening (the Corneal erosions) would happen right around day 7-14 of my cycle. Progesterone and pregnenolone have mostly eliminated the issue this past month. Have not heard of ketotifen, what is that? I’ll look it up. I don’t use much computer but have night mode and reduced white point on my iPhone, then color filters (red at night) as to avoid blue light as much as possible. And also have blue blockers that I have for sundown. Was doing all that before the dry eye started.
I am almost 40, and seemed to be experiencing symptoms of early menopause :( makes me sad bc I know my stress contributed. My cycle went irregular when my stomach got sick about 3 years ago. Yes it seems I’m always trading symptoms ?

cjm

Progesterone and pregnenolone have mostly eliminated the issue this past month.

AWESOME. Nice timing.

Have not heard of ketotifen, what is that?

It's an older anti-histamine, H1 antagonist I believe, but it's scope of action is much larger than that. A forum search should yield a ton of information.

Was doing all that before the dry eye started.
My cycle went irregular when my stomach got sick about 3 years ago.

It's good to be aware of that stuff. No need to chase ghosts since you understand how and when things changed. Now that you've sort of cornered the symptoms with hormones, you can amplify that signal with thyroid and train your body into a natural rhythm it so badly wants!

OP
D

Darleen

AWESOME. Nice timing.

It's an older anti-histamine, H1 antagonist I believe, but it's scope of action is much larger than that. A forum search should yield a ton of information.

It's good to be aware of that stuff. No need to chase ghosts since you understand how and when things changed. Now that you've sort of cornered the symptoms with hormones, you can amplify that signal with thyroid and train your body into a natural rhythm it so badly
AWESOME. Nice timing.

Cool thanks I’ll have a look around. I have tried pataday which is another antihistamine eye drop. And one doctor had me on erythromycin ointment but I was able to stop that once I started the pregnenolone (I’ve always been on and off of progesterone so believe the pregnenolone was most helpful)

It's good to be aware of that stuff. No need to chase ghosts since you understand how and when things changed. Now that you've sort of cornered the symptoms with hormones, you can amplify that signal with thyroid and train your body into a natural rhythm it so badly wants!
Yes thanks so much.

mostlylurking

I too have bad breath regardless of excellent dental hygiene. I wake up with it and have had it since I was very young.
That's your gut issue that's affecting your breath. Focusing on improving your mitochondrial function with thyroid and thiamine may be a very good way to solve this issue too. Add cooked mushrooms and I'll bet you will be happy with the results!

Cascara sagrada improves gut motility too, although from your response to the thiamine that may be more important. Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse.

OP
D

Darleen

That's your gut issue that's affecting your breath. Focusing on improving your mitochondrial function with thyroid and thiamine may be a very good way to solve this issue too. Add cooked mushrooms and I'll bet you will be happy with the results!

Cascara sagrada improves gut motility too, although from your response to the thiamine that may be more important. Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse.
This sounds like a solid plan. I think I might raise my thiamine a bit for a while and add in the mushrooms and thyroid and monitor. I was taking cascara her and there but might try just a bit more for a few days ina row. Totally agree about the gut causing the bad breath. Thanks again, much appreciate the help.

T

TheBeard

Nice. Something I've never tried. I can't bring myself to eliminate bread but I have started buying unenriched Spelt loaves from a local farm. Iron, as in enriched flour, is implicated in pathogenic bacteria and nasty smells.

If you suffer enough you can bring yourself to do anything.
You're just not suffering enough yet.

cjm

@Darleen

After realizing my non-rx Chewy doxycycline is probably loaded with excipients, I wanted to make a topical version, so I did. I poured two caps into an ounce of rubbing alcohol and smeared 25% of it across my abdomen, into my belly button, and over my groin where I've had some swollen lymph nodes since forever. It's early, I just applied it, but I think this is an appropriate alternative to the oral route. It actually might be superior! due to 1.) no excipients and 2.) the lower absorption rate through the skin is more appropriate for dosing in the "respiratory/cellular" and not the antibiotic range of doxy's good effects.

mostlylurking

@Darleen

After realizing my non-rx Chewy doxycycline is probably loaded with excipients, I wanted to make a topical version, so I did. I poured two caps into an ounce of rubbing alcohol and smeared 25% of it across my abdomen, into my belly button, and over my groin where I've had some swollen lymph nodes since forever. It's early, I just applied it, but I think this is an appropriate alternative to the oral route. It actually might be superior! due to 1.) no excipients and 2.) the lower absorption rate through the skin is more appropriate for dosing in the "respiratory/cellular" and not the antibiotic range of doxy's good effects.
Rubbing alcohol is toxic. Try moving on to something like vodka or everclear. It's still toxic, just not as intentionally poisonous.

cjm

Rubbing alcohol is toxic. Try moving on to something like vodka or everclear. It's still toxic, just not as intentionally poisonous.

Yeah, I've heard that before but it's never seemed to affect me. Might be the small amounts I'm using, i.e. an ounce or less. But point taken, I've had it in the back of my mind to use cheap vodka and move on with my life, lol.

cjm

Cascara sagrada improves gut motility too,

And it's a source of doxycycline cousin emodin!

"The emodin in cascara is a three-ring substance and the tetracycline is a four-ring substance, but they are all quinones that are intensified by adding the extra ring. So from vitamin K all the way up to tetracycline, it's a similar biological effect. It sounds too good to be true, to be able to stimulate respiration, be anti-inflammatory, germicidal, anti-cancer and so on."

OP
D

Darleen

@Darleen

I just did this the other day with ampicillin, although I only mixed with water. And then applied to where I have most of my rash. It did seem to help for the day. Methylene blue seemed to work as well though and it lasted a couple of days (dried it to where it almost scabbed) I wanted to try Mb again but hard to find a good time as it stains clothing lol. I definitely have an issue with my lymph so maybe even rotating these two topically for a few weeks, months? Would be a good idea

cjm

I wanted to try Mb again but hard to find a good time as it stains clothing lol.

Too real, haha! Once or twice a year I'll buy a new bottle of Kordon and swear I'll handle the MB better than I did before. This last time I accidentally got some in the dish washing machine and stained my wood utensils blue!

I like the idea of rotating supps but whatever works is best.

cjm

@Darleen @cjm

I've found that ascorbic acid gets it out pretty well. Not sure if it would work for wooden utensils or certain materials, though!

Nice, thanks! Makes sense. My poor utensils just needed a few extra washes before they started looking normal again, lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals