Fully Hydrogenated Coconut Oil Source

Wilfrid

[Moderator: This thread is about sources of hydrogenated coconut oil. If you want to discuss hydrogenation please post here or in one of the threads linked there.]

Hi all,

In France, you can buy 100% fully hydrogenated coconut oil under the brand name " Végétaline ". The price is very cheap around 5 euros for 1 kg.
For those living in Europe, you can get this stuff through this website:

https://www.frenchclick.co.uk/p-3015-ve ... e-1kg.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

zooma

I've looked for more information but there doesn't seem to be much out there, and of that it is all in french.

On the wikipedia page it says that it is a mix of coconut oil and palm oil, but that could have been a google translate mistake.

Is lanutrition reliable? That looks to show an n-3:n-6 ratio of 0, so hopefully that points to full hydrogenation

Can Wilfrid or anyone else help me here? If this really is 100% hydrogenated coconut oil then I will try it out.

There's no number for trans fats...

OP
W

Wilfrid

The older formula did contain palm oil but the actual one is made from 100% fully hydrogenated coconut oil.

zooma

on the lanutrition page it shows 93.1g saturated per 100g fat, 0.66g MUFA and then doesn't list values for PUFA and trans fats. That seems a little worrying, or is that the old formulation?

OP
W

Wilfrid

It's the old formulation label.
On the actual one, it says 100gr saturated fat per 100gr fat.
No trans fat, no mufa, no pufa.

zooma

Thanks Wilfrid. I assume the link in your OP is for the new formulation, I'll give it a try.

Have you seen any benefit from using it?

Dayman

I found a source in NZ called Kremalta, unfortunately it also contains soy lecithin :mad:
Anyone think it would still be worth a try?

Peatit

Ras

I emailed the companies I could find which seem to offer hydrogenated coconut oil, asking them if their oil is fully hydrogenated and, if so, if they will provide documentation as proof. Each company's name links to their coconut oil in question. The following are my correspondences with them, reproduced exactly as they were received:

Soaper's Choice
I emailed this company a question in June of 2012 and they responded in July of 2013, with an apology for the delay. Wherefore I'm not waiting on their reply before making this post.

Welch Holme Clark
Documentation about their oils is available on their website. When asked about purchasing, I was told:
"Minimum purchase would be a 5 gallon container at $90.00 for the oil plus shipping charges from UPS of approx. $51.00
I cannot calculate the exact shipping charge without a full address."

Bulk Apothecary
Over multiple emails, they said:
"It is hydrogenated, as far as fully or paritally, I am not positive. The 76 degree is not. Please let us know if you have any other questions."
"It is fully hydrogenated. Thank you!"
"Unfortunately we do not have this documentation. I believe the law states that any product that is not fully has to state on the product that it is only partial. But we do not have documentation to show this."

Pure Essential Supply, Inc
I believe they were confused, as I did not order from them, but they said:
"Yes it's hydrogenated
And the paper work is in one of the boxes
We rushed to get it out to you and didnt write on the box that had the paper work in."

TKB Trading
They sent the pdf which is attached to this post.

Attachments

• Coconut Oil 92 degree - TDS - TKB Trading.pdf
    125.4 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

NathanK

This is excellent. I had a hard time sourcing some. Which have you tried? Welch sounds like the most expensive coconut oil on the planet

Ras

92 degree coconut oil is fully hydrogenated.
Wikipedia has the melting point of fully hydrogenated coconut oil a few degrees beyond 92F, though they give no references for those numbers. Another's word and an official statement can provide relief, in cases of doubt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals