Gut inflammation with endometrial infiltration

mostlylurking

Thanks Blossom. It's great that you know your needs and what works best for you. I tried whole psyllium husks and had a hard time swallowing.

I may try wheat bran since it has mostly insoluble fiber hoping it will help with more regular bowel function. fyi- not sure if you have ever compared insoluble to soluble, but I was surprised to find that wheat bran (Peat has said this is preferable over oat bran as far as brans go) has the highest insoluble to soluble, about 80/20, whereas oat bran is only about 50/50. Psyllium is around 30/70.

Thank you for your help!

Although I was never diagnosed with celiac, once upon a time my doctor treated my symptoms as IBS. After I was tested, I found I was allergic to wheat among other foods. So out of caution I wonder if wheat bran would not be my friend either.
I'm strongly gluten sensitive too so I myself would steer clear of wheat anything.

You mentioned having a hard time swallowing which made me wonder if you are having issues with peristalsis. I used to have a terrible time with swallowing because my peristalsis was not working properly. My stomach acid was also very low which caused lots of digestive problems downstream. I was able to correct all my digestive tract problems (including constipation) by supplementing with thiamine (and some magnesium glycinate). And eating cooked mushrooms. Mustn't leave out the cooked mushrooms.

suggested reading:
More about Eosinophilic Esophagitis- Hormones Matter

"Digestion: Where Mechanical Meets Chemical​

The vagus nerve is the 10th cranial nerve. Its action, initiated in the lower part of the brain, is to send outgoing messages to the spleen, an important organ that is used for controlling inflammation. The vagus nerve uses a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine and it also deploys messages to the esophagus and the entire intestinal tract. The wave pattern in the respective parts of the intestine that is induced by this nerve is called peristalsis. It pushes the contents along while the complex process of digestion occurs. Without going into details, the synthesis of acetylcholine depends on vitamin B complex, dominated by thiamine. Without thiamine, there is less acetylcholine and without this vital neurotransmitter, the control of inflammation and peristalsis in the esophagus, the intestinal tract, or both, are all compromised."

Thanks Blossom. It's great that you know your needs and what works best for you. I tried whole psyllium husks and had a hard time swallowing.

I may try wheat bran since it has mostly insoluble fiber hoping it will help with more regular bowel function. fyi- not sure if you have ever compared insoluble to soluble, but I was surprised to find that wheat bran (Peat has said this is preferable over oat bran as far as brans go) has the highest insoluble to soluble, about 80/20, whereas oat bran is only about 50/50. Psyllium is around 30/70.

Thank you for your help!
are you mixing it with enough liquid? it takes quite a lot. Sometimes a little juice or milk mixed with the water helps it go down smoother, at least mentally.

Kray

are you mixing it with enough liquid? it takes quite a lot. Sometimes a little juice or milk mixed with the water helps it go down smoother, at least mentally.
Thanks for that tip. Probably not. Sounds like a learning curve. Just stumbled upon cellulose fiber, the kind Peat recommends (insoluble). Covered in studies, etc as being positive. Why not that, if other sources could be questionable? What might you have read about cellulose?

Thanks for that tip. Probably not. Sounds like a learning curve. Just stumbled upon cellulose fiber, the kind Peat recommends (insoluble). Covered in studies, etc as being positive. Why not that, if other sources could be questionable? What might you have read about cellulose?
All I know is that cellulose sounds like a very vague description. Where did it come from?

edit--where did the cellulose come from, what plant?

Kray

All I know is that cellulose sounds like a very vague description. Where did it come from?
I think from trees. The two companies I found that make it are known for hypoallergenic, good quality control. (Allergy Research Group, Nutricology). IMO anyway. And Vital Nutrients makes one. Haven't come across any in capsule form. Apparently the powder is hard for some due to texture. But I think they're all that way-- you have to take it quick and be done with it.

From what little I've read, cellulose can be a good option for those who are sensitive to wheat (celiacs) or don't want too much soluble fiber (psyllium or other). Cellulose is purely insoluble, AFAIK.

IDK it just sounds very processed to me.

I was reading a thread last night that talked about how cellulose is usually made from pine trees, and that particular lady is allergic to pine trees, and so when cellulose was in her compounded thyroid meds it stopped them from being absorbed properly.

Kray

I was reading a thread last night that talked about how cellulose is usually made from pine trees, and that particular lady is allergic to pine trees, and so when cellulose was in her compounded thyroid meds it stopped them from being absorbed properly.
Interesting. I guess there's going to be processing in all these fibers. If one wanted to consider cellulose, best to contact mfg and get all details. Thanks for your input!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Kray,
I personally would not risk wheat bran if you have been told you’re allergic to wheat.
I chose the psyllium husk powder in hopes that it would be gentler than the whole husk since I have a super sensitive gut.
I think it’s worth a try since it’s safe and affordable. I just mix mine in water and drink it down.

Kray

@Kray,
I personally would not risk wheat bran if you have been told you’re allergic to wheat.
I chose the psyllium husk powder in hopes that it would be gentler than the whole husk since I have a super sensitive gut.
I think it’s worth a try since it’s safe and affordable. I just mix mine in water and drink it down.
Thank you, I'll take that on good advice 😊

Do you know anything about cellulose powder as an option?

@Kray,
omg blossom you have 9999 messages

Kray

from this thread #4 :

Carboxymethylcellulose, ubiquitous food/drug additive, is highly inflammatory​

Like the same effects, they are almost the same molecule and considered identical replacements of each other. Somebody asked Ray about supplementing with cellulose powder and he said that only the plain cellulose would work, and that the esters such as hydroxymethyl and carboxymethyl are likely estrogenic and will irritate the GI tract, which the study now confirms.

Vileplume

I initially started on the idealabs NDT but my RT3 went quite high after about 6 months. So, I don’t really know what else to do w my liver 🤷‍♀️… I drink coffee and take aspirin.. my fat intake is about 25%.. so that’s when I started to try cynoplus… my temps didn’t respond strongly to this so I added cynomel as well. Now temps and pulse and reliably high… I have NOT tested RT3 lately though so perhaps that’s something to look at.
What ratio of T4:T3 ended up boosting your temps? How much of each? Still working out the balance myself.

eimearrose

I know what you mean about beans not agreeing with you. They never agreed with me until I "gutted" up and tried eating 1/2 cup 5 times a day. It took awhile but eventually I had no gas or other problems. I don't eat nuts and seeds. I actually don't follow her protocol except to eat the beans. The main thing it has helped me with is removing excess estrogen from the bile. I think with your endometriosis you could use some help getting rid of excess estrogen. Adding progesterone doesn't hurt but getting rid of the estrogen will help even more. And your digestion will improve. At least it has for me.
I've also been interested in Karen Hurd's protocol but I am not convinced on the views on saturated fat, dairy or fruit. I think in people with a high estrogen burden, caffeine probably is problematic. I've been vegan before for short periods of time and beans give me pretty bad gas, but I went from nothing to them being my main 'protein' source. Anyway I am pretty desperate now with terrible period pain and heavy bleeding, gut cramps and chronic constipation, thyroid or thiamine hasn't helped these issues, and most of the problems have gotten worse on a very low starch, very stereotypical RP style diet of lots of fruit and dairy. I have tried psyllium a few times recently and it has helped but I don't think I've been consistent enough. After a recent trip to the ED with bad pain, I threw out all my supplements including collagen powder which I was starting to think might have made my gut cramps worse. I am curious what your typical eating looks like, since you only do the beans part of the protocol - do you continue to consume dairy, coffee, fruit? And do you take any supplements?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I've also been interested in Karen Hurd's protocol but I am not convinced on the views on saturated fat, dairy or fruit. I think in people with a high estrogen burden, caffeine probably is problematic. I've been vegan before for short periods of time and beans give me pretty bad gas, but I went from nothing to them being my main 'protein' source. Anyway I am pretty desperate now with terrible period pain and heavy bleeding, gut cramps and chronic constipation, thyroid or thiamine hasn't helped these issues, and most of the problems have gotten worse on a very low starch, very stereotypical RP style diet of lots of fruit and dairy. I have tried psyllium a few times recently and it has helped but I don't think I've been consistent enough. After a recent trip to the ED with bad pain, I threw out all my supplements including collagen powder which I was starting to think might have made my gut cramps worse. I am curious what your typical eating looks like, since you only do the beans part of the protocol - do you continue to consume dairy, coffee, fruit? And do you take any supplements?
My diet is not very Peaty because I limit Vitamin A and beta carotene. I eat pinto, black eyed peas or black beans at three meals. Other foods are chicken, beef, rice, coconut oil, vinegar, olive oil, white corn tortillas, apples, pineapple, onions, eggs, iceberg lettuce, a small amount of ice cream or Greek yogurt, blueberries and other things if I go see relatives. I am older and even past menopause I could tell when my estrogen would go up. I spent about six months eating low fat and 1/2 cup of beans five times a day and all those irritating problems went away. Now I just eat plain beans with meals. I don't agree with Karen Hurd's recommendations to eat a lot of vegetables, nuts and oils. I don't digest milk well so I avoid it. I do agree with Karen Hurd's theory that the bean or psyllium fiber will help remove toxins from bile and estrogen is one of the toxins. I don't drink coffee and avoid caffeine and I am much calmer because of that. I take B vitamins, Vitamin C, magnesium glycinate, and some others less regularly. You probably have enough progesterone but you need to get rid of excess estrogen. The progesterone will slow gut motility but if you are getting enough fiber to remove the estrogen your digestion should improve. If you are younger and having lots of problems with pain, I would try to get plenty of salt throughout the month (a former user said she used salt tablets near her period after a recommendation from a pharmacist, I can't find the thread because that user is no longer active here) and maybe try bee pollen as @Rinse & rePeat mentioned in a thread recently. I had plenty of period pain when I was younger and I wish I had known some of what I know now.

This is the thread:
Dilation and Curettage Procedure or Raspa

And this is @Rinse & rePeat quote from post #11:

Bee Pollen is amazing for woman’s health, and got rid of my menstrual cramps, in my late twenties. I didn’t take it all the time, but always a few days to a week before my period, to have it prepare my system for what was to come. I have always felt normal through my periods because of it. I would feel an extra need to eat a lot the day before starting, and some fatigue, but bee pollen made my life a breeze. I think it is worth taking solidly with female problems, since it is only food. MSM is good at skin and cell repair and breaking down keratin and fibroids. I would probably add some other things to your stack, but I would start with those two first, and see how things go, and make at least one or two major changes in the diet, and getting the wheat gone would be my first choice. The other one would depend on the current diet. Here is a pic of the only MSM brand I trust, because other ones were not pure and I could tell. Sometimes doing too much all at one can be hard on the body too, just do something good to add and something good to take out, that is so much easier, mentally even.

My diet is not very Peaty because I limit Vitamin A and beta carotene. I eat pinto, black eyed peas or black beans at three meals. Other foods are chicken, beef, rice, coconut oil, vinegar, olive oil, white corn tortillas, apples, pineapple, onions, eggs, iceberg lettuce, a small amount of ice cream or Greek yogurt, blueberries and other things if I go see relatives. I am older and even past menopause I could tell when my estrogen would go up. I spent about six months eating low fat and 1/2 cup of beans five times a day and all those irritating problems went away. Now I just eat plain beans with meals. I don't agree with Karen Hurd's recommendations to eat a lot of vegetables, nuts and oils. I don't digest milk well so I avoid it. I do agree with Karen Hurd's theory that the bean or psyllium fiber will help remove toxins from bile and estrogen is one of the toxins. I don't drink coffee and avoid caffeine and I am much calmer because of that. I take B vitamins, Vitamin C, magnesium glycinate, and some others less regularly. You probably have enough progesterone but you need to get rid of excess estrogen. The progesterone will slow gut motility but if you are getting enough fiber to remove the estrogen your digestion should improve. If you are younger and having lots of problems with pain, I would try to get plenty of salt throughout the month (a former user said she used salt tablets near her period after a recommendation from a pharmacist, I can't find the thread because that user is no longer active here) and maybe try bee pollen as @Rinse & rePeat mentioned in a thread recently. I had plenty of period pain when I was younger and I wish I had known some of what I know now.

This is the thread:
Dilation and Curettage Procedure or Raspa

And this is @Rinse & rePeat quote from post #11:

Bee Pollen is amazing for woman’s health, and got rid of my menstrual cramps, in my late twenties. I didn’t take it all the time, but always a few days to a week before my period, to have it prepare my system for what was to come. I have always felt normal through my periods because of it. I would feel an extra need to eat a lot the day before starting, and some fatigue, but bee pollen made my life a breeze. I think it is worth taking solidly with female problems, since it is only food. MSM is good at skin and cell repair and breaking down keratin and fibroids. I would probably add some other things to your stack, but I would start with those two first, and see how things go, and make at least one or two major changes in the diet, and getting the wheat gone would be my first choice. The other one would depend on the current diet. Here is a pic of the only MSM brand I trust, because other ones were not pure and I could tell. Sometimes doing too much all at one can be hard on the body too, just do something good to add and something good to take out, that is so much easier, mentally even.
You mention the beans Dolomite, and I agree that a half cup here and there is enough to mop up some estrogens, without adding to much of their own. Years ago Ray Peat talked about that, and I wish I knew where, but he has said many times since that he enjoys a little hummus, and I’ll bet it was for that beneficial reason, and not just for enjoyment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals