Have you ever wondered why your best friends all look like you? THIS STUDY HAS THE ANSWERS

JamesGatz

According to this study,

DNA HAS THE ABILITY to recognize similar DNA from a distance and congregates with DNA that is similar to themselves

So what does this mean in a nutshell?

It MEANS THAT you're inclined to approach and speak with people that LOOK LIKE YOU from a DNA standpoint,

So you would be more inclined:
- to approach and speak with a man who may be the same skin tone as you
- to approach and speak with a woman who has the same hair color as you
- to approach and speak with someone who is the same height as you
Etc.

So interesting study to say the least...

It seems from a DNA standpoint the body prefers to be around people with similar DNA (so for best friends or for crushes on girls, a guy would naturally gravitate towards someone that may be the same race as him or same hair color, etc.) and naturally be less inclined to congregate with someone who does not look like him

That's actually true. I also think one chooses his friends based on how stable their mitocondria is. Right now i stay with low serotonin people and lots of strangers we met thought that we are relatives.

ursidae

Humans tend to have significantly higher in-group standards for behaviour, health, attractiveness, income and education attainment. The reason is likely linked to the cause of diminished cross-race facial recognition.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Humans tend to have significantly higher in-group standards for behaviour, health, attractiveness, income and education attainment. The reason is likely linked to the cause of diminished cross-race facial recognition.
Blablablabla Hey man, THROW AWAY that Anthropology book you've been reading for Uni with a bunch of big words that don't actually mean anything and listen to the FACTS, this is the Ray Peat forum Class and CLASS IS IN SESSION

Attractiveness goes hand-in-hand with DNA
health goes hand-in-hand with DNA
All of these factors you mentioned affect DNA too, so you proved me right if anything

You sound like you want me to be your health coach? Is that right?

ursidae

If you share the same ethnicity, are in the same age and socioeconomic group as another, they will have higher standards for your behaviour and the bar for receiving their approval (friendship) will be higher.

This is the reason people who struggle with social inadequacy seek out interaction with significantly younger or older individuals, outcasts within an ethnic group with low attractiveness seek partners outside of it who struggle with cross-race facial recognition (cannot assess their attractiveness) and affluent individuals whose character deviates from the norm seek out financially dependent partners. What these situations have in common is that in each case the individual struggles to live up to the high in-group standards.

Since people tend to take the path of least resistance, it is common to seek interaction, friendship, partnership with out-of-group people. Those who have no out-of-group leverage, will turn to another species (pets) to form bonds and meet emotional needs, which is becoming increasingly prevalent.

Last edited:
OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

If you share the same ethnicity, are in the same age and socioeconomic group as another, they will have higher standards for your behaviour and the bar for receiving their approval (friendship) will be higher. This is the reason people who struggle with social inadequacy seek out interaction with significantly younger or older individuals, outcasts within an ethnic group with low attractiveness seek partners outside of it who struggle with cross-race facial recognition (cannot assess their attractiveness) and affluent individuals whose character deviates from the norm seek out financially dependent partners. What these situations have in common is that in each case the individual struggles to live up to the high in-group standards. Since people tend to take the path of least resistance, it is common to seek interaction, friendship, partnership with out-of-group people.
No its not man Oh my Goshhhhhhhhhhhh ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I already told you facial attractiveness is caused my metabolism, so what does that mean?

Attractive people are MORE FRIENDLY/SOCIAL and/or MORE OPEN TO INTERACTION since they have a healthier metabolism

Unattractive people are NOT MORE FRIENDLY/SOCIAL and tend to be socially awkward since they have high stress hormones - it doesn't even matter if YOU THINK you want to socialize - if you have this vibe people can sense it and will ignore you

NO ONE IS DENYING THAT - BUT - ALL FACTORS EQUAL, PEOPLE GRAVITATE TOWARDS OTHER PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE THEM

opethfeldt

I think it's more that people of similar vibrations (thought patterns) tend to be attracted to one another. Another thing that can influence this is a person's hormone and neurotransmitter profile. I find that all of my friends seem to have similar hormone levels and of course, a similar average vibration to me. You'll notice that as you change and your friends change, you sometimes don't "click" the way you used to. If your frequencies are too out of sync, communication won't occur as easily or, if the frequencies are really far apart, none at all. If it were really down to DNA, we'd all be super close to our families, and we know that isn't always the case.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals