Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Is it raw honey? do follow up with coconut oil, lanolin or anything like that?
Yes raw honey. I don’t use any oils on my skin anymore, and my skin is calmer for it, not dry or oily and the tone is even, and not ruddy anymore. I do on occasion use this cleanser, and swear by it for those with acne. Washing one’s face everyday, and twice a day is too much.

Attachments

• 12652CD9-0D5C-4B65-9118-4A7E8FD8FEE9.jpeg
    12652CD9-0D5C-4B65-9118-4A7E8FD8FEE9.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 027358D7-4DDA-49A7-907D-4602336942EF.jpeg
    027358D7-4DDA-49A7-907D-4602336942EF.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 27
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Wow finally a recall the affects me. I have old can of a dry shampoo on the list….

“A voluntary product recall was announced by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Unilever United States is voluntarily recalling select lot codes of dry shampoo products produced prior to October 2021 from Dove, Nexxus, Suave, TIGI (Rockaholic and Bed Head), and TRESemmé due to potentially elevated levels of benzene.

Benzene is a human carcinogen. Exposure to the chemical can occur by inhalation, orally, and through the skin. It can cause cancers such as leukemia and blood cancer of the bone marrow. It can also cause blood disorders that can be life-threatening.“

Attachments

• C935C54E-5C1A-4EDA-997B-33CEB76C1F47.jpeg
    C935C54E-5C1A-4EDA-997B-33CEB76C1F47.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 9
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Emodin inhibits the formation of Nitric Oxide (mitochondrial poison) and prevents the reabsorption of Endotoxin, promoting (among many other things) clear and youthful skin.”

facesavant

Wow finally a recall the affects me. I have old can of a dry shampoo on the list….

“A voluntary product recall was announced by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Unilever United States is voluntarily recalling select lot codes of dry shampoo products produced prior to October 2021 from Dove, Nexxus, Suave, TIGI (Rockaholic and Bed Head), and TRESemmé due to potentially elevated levels of benzene.

Benzene is a human carcinogen. Exposure to the chemical can occur by inhalation, orally, and through the skin. It can cause cancers such as leukemia and blood cancer of the bone marrow. It can also cause blood disorders that can be life-threatening.“
I sell professional hair products and even " clean" has some bad ingredient/s. Hence looking to make my own now.

Lollipop2

@Rinse & rePeat I made a luscious face cream the other day:

*10 gms raw cocoa butter (use the Life Giving Store one.
*23 gms raw shea butter - wanted to use 20 but put a wee bit more
*70 gms raw Mango butter
*Orange essential oil and peppermint essential oil (just a tiny amount) - use any essential oil you want.

Melted it all on low in a glass bowl sitting on top of the saucepan with water - low and slow until melted. Added in the essential oils - stirred and poured into jars - two small ones and let sit on the counter until they became solid again.

I put it on my face and my skin just drank it in and sort of said; “thank you thank you!” The cream is not greasy. It really is lovely. It is the best one I have ever made. That mango butter rocks it!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat I made a luscious face cream the other day:

*10 gms raw cocoa butter (use the Life Giving Store one.
*23 gms raw shea butter - wanted to use 20 but put a wee bit more
*70 gms raw Mango butter
*Orange essential oil and peppermint essential oil (just a tiny amount) - use any essential oil you want.

Melted it all on low in a glass bowl sitting on top of the saucepan with water - low and slow until melted. Added in the essential oils - stirred and poured into jars - two small ones and let sit on the counter until they became solid again.

I put it on my face and my skin just drank it in and sort of said; “thank you thank you!” The cream is not greasy. It really is lovely. It is the best one I have ever made. That mango butter rocks it!
I screenshot what you wrote here and I am gonna look for those ingredients. Thanks Lolli!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Too much Botox? At least she doesn’t have wrinkles! Do people not know Botox is the anthrax toxin they are putting in their face with unknown long term health consequences

View: https://twitter.com/Xx17965797N/status/1584372446307954688

“In 2015, researchers from the University of Queensland found that Botox might not stay where it's injected, as Science Daily noted. Researchers found that Botox might be able to move and be transported into your central nervous system. More research on this is definitely needed because Botox is a neurotoxin“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Adding shellfish back into my diet made a noticeable difference in my skin right away….

OP
Rinse & rePeat
OldIrenaeus posted this video to make your own colloidal copper for skin care and hair

View: https://youtu.be/z5NzCMGy8FM

“There are many health claims for what colloidal copper can do.

Claimed benefits of colloidal copper include:

treats wounds, infections, and burns
supports cardiovascular health
prevents osteoporosis
helps the nervous system function
acts as an antioxidant that supports human immunity
stimulates collagen and elastin
reduces wrinkles, discoloration, and age-related skin conditions
Some studies do show that copper is good for skin as a basic nutrient:

A 2014 review referenced many studies connecting copper to great skin health. This includes wrinkle reduction, better elasticity, and healing wounds and skin issues, like athlete’s foot.
The review also referenced a 2009 study as still being valid for copper and skin. In this study, copper reduced the risks of bacterial and fungal infections in diabetics. It also helped chronic ulcers.
A 2015 study further found that copper dressings could increase collagen levels in skin. However, this study was performed on animals. This study may support using copper for youthful skin appearance and proper wound-healing ability.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Macadamia nuts are also one of the few sources of palmitoleic acid. This is an omega-7 fatty acid that researchers are beginning to discover new properties and benefits of.

The nutrients found in macadamia nuts have been found to support many promising health benefits.

1. Improves Skin Elasticity and Appearance​

Research has shown that palmitoleic acid, the omega-7 fatty acids found in macadamia nuts, sea buckthorn oil, and avocado oil may promote skin, nail, and hair health.

They do so by protecting against oxidative damage, which is one of the main culprits of skin aging, by encouraging and evoking new skin cell development.

Some research has shown this rare fatty acid may improve the body's synthesis of elastin and collagen, which are proteins that keep your skin young, strong, and reduce the appearance and onset of wrinkles [*].”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have read that an aloe Vera plant has to be many years old, 7+ years, to have any benefits. My plant is 50+ years old. I am gonna do some experimenting in my skin with it….

“In 2015 researchTrusted Source, scientists gave people an extract of aloe vera gel called Aloe sterols to take orally.

After 8 weeks, the researchers noticed that in the participants who took the aloe vera sterols:

• there was better hydration in the skin of their arm
  • their wrinkles were less deep
  • their levels of hyaluronic acid and collagen almost doubled
The researchers conclude that aloe contributes to the growth of cells that benefit the skin.

People can use products containing aloe as a topical cream or gel or an oral supplement.”

Attachments

• BF07E6A7-7949-453B-9847-C9565C19EA77.jpeg
    BF07E6A7-7949-453B-9847-C9565C19EA77.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 2
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Aloe itself is more than enough to make you look younger. Its ability is way too much to describe in mere words. Find out the highest quality organic aloe vera gel. Just cut a few slices of it and take out the extract, stir it well and apply at bedtime, you can see the difference in just a few days.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I used the fresh aloe Vera on my face last night, after having soaked it overnight to get get the yellow out of it, and liked what I saw. I can see “feeding” my skin this every day having a positive impact on my skin. I am adding it to my bedtime routine. I really like the honey mask too, but the lightening effect keeps me from doing it as often I would like. I am gonna add in the neck “sit ups” today!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals