High Dose Niacinamide Experiment

haidut

Forum Supporter
Did you mean that you notice less water retention or that you get water retention from 500mg+ per dose?

I am sorry, I notice reduced water retention. Fixed the typo in the original post.

superhuman

Great, thanx a ton as always @haidut

I was wondering. If i take the niacinamide powder on my tongue and just swish and swallow before my meal i dont get any headache etc. But if i take it during the meal i get it. Why is that?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Great, thanx a ton as always @haidut

I was wondering. If i take the niacinamide powder on my tongue and just swish and swallow before my meal i dont get any headache etc. But if i take it during the meal i get it. Why is that?

Don't know. Maybe the meal slows down the absorption of niacinamide and it irritates your stomach somehow.

TubZy

I do notice reduced water retention from 500mg+ per dose. Niacinamide is also anti-histamine, so we can add this to its positive count. Knowing how powerfully anti-inflammatory niacinamide is, it can't really be pro-histamine. Theanine and the drug ketotifen have very similar effects on mast cell histamine.
Nicotinamide: a potential addition to the anti-psoriatic weaponry. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Nicotinamide is a potent phosphodiesterase inhibitor and suppresses neutrophil chemotaxis and mast cell histamine release. It inhibits nitric oxide synthase mRNA induction and suppresses antigen-induced lymphocyte transformation. Nicotinamide increases the biosynthesis of ceramides, which upon degradation produce sphingosine. Sphingosine inhibits protein kinase C (PKC) and decreases basal cell proliferation dependent on PKC. Taken together, it can be reasoned that nicotinamide could be a useful addition to anti-psoriatic armamentarium. The combination of nicotinamide and thalidomide or methotrexate provided a powerful synergistic inhibition of murine collagen-induced arthritis. Nicotinamide decreased the methotrexate-induced hepatotoxicity. The above combinations may prove to have a powerful anti-psoriatic effect as well. As PARP inhibitors could exert anti-retroviral effect, nicotinamide could also be of special value in the treatment of HIV-infected psoriatics."

Awesome man , thanks. Yeah I can eat literally whatever I want and if I take 500mg-1000mg per meal my waist stays super tight and my abs show even after the meal- zero retention at all. My muscles are harder too even in the gym just have to make sure to eat sugar before the gym or can feel very very hypo.

pretty interesting stuff

superhuman

@TubZy that is just awesome to hear, im an athlete myself so i pay very close attention to all that. Metabolic rate, muscles, bodyfat etc. But what i struggle with the most is water retention esp in my lower body but some in my face.

TubZy

@TubZy that is just awesome to hear, im an athlete myself so i pay very close attention to all that. Metabolic rate, muscles, bodyfat etc. But what i struggle with the most is water retention esp in my lower body but some in my face.

Yeah it's great stuff man. If you used solban on your face you will get a similar effect to your skin across your entire body as well with high dose niacinamide basically skin tone is very clear and healthy looking.

I'm the same way I hate any water retention even it's a small amount especially in the face. I like to keep my waist and face tight looking. Keeping estrogen low helps too with fat soluble vitamins.

superhuman

@TubZy thats cool. I dont have solban but i use aspirin and coffee/caffeine everyday orally. Im the same way, small waist, tight face and broad shoulders :)

Any other things you have found that benefits in terms of lower water retention, lower estrogen etc?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Awesome man , thanks. Yeah I can eat literally whatever I want and if I take 500mg-1000mg per meal my waist stays super tight and my abs show even after the meal- zero retention at all. My muscles are harder too even in the gym just have to make sure to eat sugar before the gym or can feel very very hypo.

pretty interesting stuff

Niacinamide is also a precursor to NAD, and the NAD is a cofactor for both 3b-HSD and 11b-HSD steroidogenic enzymes, which are needed to make androgens. Not to mention that niacinamide is anti-cortisol, anti-estrogenic, and promotes androgen signalling, so an awesome substance all-around.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/niacinamide-lowers-cortisol.9887/
Niacinamide Is Anti-estrogenic
Niacinamide Is Androgenic And Increases Dht Effects/signaling

raypeatclips

@haidut Are you aware of any effects of niacinamide on adrenaline? I have seen the studies where taken after fasting increases adrenaline, as expected, but I wondered if you knew about its effects when taken normally with food/sugar.

TubZy

@TubZy thats cool. I dont have solban but i use aspirin and coffee/caffeine everyday orally. Im the same way, small waist, tight face and broad shoulders :)

Any other things you have found that benefits in terms of lower water retention, lower estrogen etc?

Yeah same here man haha. Those are all signs of being pro-metabolic and pro-androgenic . Check out the studies @haidut posted above on niacinamide that is what got me interested in it originally.

From my experience, here are the top things that worked for me either alone or in combination.

1. high dose niacinamide
2. pregnenolone alone or pregnenolone plus a very small amount of DHEA
3. all the fat soluble vitamins (estroban) or just vitamin E separately (they all seem to reduce estrogen/cortisol greatly from my experience)
4. taurine (keeps water retention off, increase metabolism, works in synergy with preg/dhea)

You could try them alone or all together. Just keep in mind too much estrogen/cortisol decrease can cause your joints to dry out.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Are you aware of any effects of niacinamide on adrenaline? I have seen the studies where taken after fasting increases adrenaline, as expected, but I wondered if you knew about its effects when taken normally with food/sugar.

I think niacin can do that due to liberation of FFA and histamine. Niacinamide should not be causing this when well-fed.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I didn't phrase that very well, I was meaning do you know of any research showing niacinamide specifically being anti-adrenaline at all?

Not that I know of, but I will look into it.

superhuman

@TubZy GREAT

1. You just use 500-1gram niacinamide with each meal ?

2. I do 50-100mg pregnenolone everyday atm and have tried higher doses, ive also tried DHEA 5mg each day but i have not noticed anything from either of them. Im waiting for the dhea+pregnenolone supp from haidut so hopefully that will do something

4. Taurine is a tricky one for me. I have the Taurine powder but it gives me bloated and funny feeling stomach. How much are you taking Taurine daily? what do you think can cause it the bloating and funny feeling it gives me?

TubZy

@TubZy GREAT

1. You just use 500-1gram niacinamide with each meal ?

2. I do 50-100mg pregnenolone everyday atm and have tried higher doses, ive also tried DHEA 5mg each day but i have not noticed anything from either of them. Im waiting for the dhea+pregnenolone supp from haidut so hopefully that will do something

4. Taurine is a tricky one for me. I have the Taurine powder but it gives me bloated and funny feeling stomach. How much are you taking Taurine daily? what do you think can cause it the bloating and funny feeling it gives me?

1. yes, but maybe just start at 500mg if you have never used it that high before- it can be somewhat sedating just make sure to eat enough with it especially sugar

2. nice, I do about 100mg orally in the morning with coconut oil, it took me a few weeks before I actually noticed anything from it

4. same here, I only take 1 gram in the morning. I used to take 2 grams or more but it messed up my stomach at higher doses, and it also seemed to lower my sex drive slightly (maybe from the possible raise in prolactin?) From the studies you really don't need a super big amount of taurine to get the benefits so 1 grams or maybe even less can help.

TubZy

Niacinamide is also a precursor to NAD, and the NAD is a cofactor for both 3b-HSD and 11b-HSD steroidogenic enzymes, which are needed to make androgens. Not to mention that niacinamide is anti-cortisol, anti-estrogenic, and promotes androgen signalling, so an awesome substance all-around.
Niacinamide Lowers Cortisol
Niacinamide Is Anti-estrogenic
Niacinamide Is Androgenic And Increases Dht Effects/signaling

Those are the same enzymes that taurine increases right? So I would assume taking niacinamide + taurine + preg can be a good pro androgenic/metabolic combo.

superhuman

@TubZy Hmm yeah thats very strange. I feel even 2-3x 500mg messes with my stomach or even 2x 500mg so yeah i will try only taking Taurine once a day then to see.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals