ILoveSugar History

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 99970 And with all the calcium being dangerous right now, what are some dietary guidelines you would recommend? I don't think it's that big of an issue because I was drinking very little milk for a while, eating TONS of cottage cheese which has very little calcium. Even now, I get about 2-3 cups of milk a day, and that's it.

How can cottage cheese have very low calcium? The one I get at Safeway, Giants, WholeFoods or Trader Joe all have 30% - 50% daily dose of calcium per serving, which is a lot.
It's OK to keep eating it but you seem to be getting no magnesium from anywhere and it is especially needed in hypothyroid people.

Last edited by a moderator:

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 99969 Haidut, I have been all over the place with thyroid. I have not really ventured high up yet, because eating is hard right now, and I don't want to take too much thyroid, with very little nutrients. I'm also quite skinny as is. I have messed around with varying doses of T3 and T3/T4.

My current position is 1/4 tablet of Cynoplus, 2x per day.

I agree with a previous post that this is a tiny dose of thyroid given your condition. What dangers are you concerned about with thyroid? Btw, you are probably losing weight since as long as stress hormones are high digestion will not work and you won't absorb much from the food. That's why thyroid is needed - in a stressed state it is one of the few things that can make you digest food semi-properly and avoid getting into a catabolic state.
I don't know what dose would be good for you, but I would start with a full tablet of Cynoplus at breakfast and take another 1/2 Cynoplus every 4 hours until you start feeling tempt increase or at least hand/feet getting warmer.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 99982 How much is 3 grains, and what is safe to take per dose? These little doses don't do anything, but apparently higher doses are against what RP advises? I also worry about too much thyroid with not enough food? My weight is also down.

A tablet and a half of Cynoplus is 3 grains, so half a tablet is a grain. Your condition is similar to the ones described by Barnes and Peat where 10 - 12 grain of thyroid daily were needed for a month until the person got better. This means 5 - 6 tablets of Cynoplus daily in divided doses.
I am not saying you need that much, but as you noticed the tiny doses you take so far have produced no results.

johns74

Excess iron can also cause weight loss. Adding thyroid to that could increase the weight loss even more.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 99974 Asking for any of the drugs or vitamin IV's is not an option right now. I'm broke, and without insurance, victim to this corrupt USA medical system. The thyroid I have is something I order offline.

Search Google for "all day chemist" and click on the eponymous website from the results. Then, once on the website search for "bromocriptine" and "clonidine". The clonidine is dirt-cheap and the bromo is comparable to what you'd pay for it in the US with insurance.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

johns74 said:
post 99989 Excess iron can also cause weight loss. Adding thyroid to that could increase the weight loss even more.

So you think thyroid is a bad idea?

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
I

iLoveSugar

Also, I will add that my full thyroid panel was good. In range T3, T4, .005 TSH, etc.

haidut

Forum Supporter
johns74 said:
post 100001
haidut said:
Coffee is good source, and milk also if it is not altered.

How does altering milk affect it as a source of magnesium?
johns74 said:
post 100001
haidut said:
Coffee is good source, and milk also if it is not altered.

How does altering milk affect it as a source of magnesium?

If the milk is low-fat, skim and/or UHT pasteurized many companies remove the magnesium from it. That's why most pasteurized milks sold on the market in the USA have RDAs listed for calcium, sodium, and potassium but not for magnesium - i.e. there isn't much magnesium in most of them unless you buy a special "magnesium-enriched" milk product.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 100002 Also, I will add that my full thyroid panel was good. In range T3, T4, .005 TSH, etc.

Most of these tests are only useful to show the so-called "central hypothyroidism" - i.e. one caused by failure of the thyroid gland, which is a relatively rare condition.
If temperature is low and pulse is unstable (both low and high) this means you have functional hypothyroidism or functional hypometabolism. Here is one study that discusses all of these and how thyroid supplementation should be tailored to each need.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23969925

Also, here is a presentation from the same person discussing various thyroid issues and treatment.
http://www.purebodysolutions.com/mm5/gr ... eNotes.pdf
http://www.tccompound.com/11-ZRT-Thyroi ... t-0310.pdf

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Well, just bumped up to half a cynoplus tablet for the first time. I hate placebo. I get more anxious, jittery and nervous. Mind plays tricks on me.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

About an hour after taking the 1/2 cynoplus, my temp is 98 even and my pulse is hovering at 100. I will say that I have myself worked up right now.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 100015 About an hour after taking the 1/2 cynoplus, my temp is 98 even and my pulse is hovering at 100. I will say that I have myself worked up right now.

Worked up as in emotional that it is finally having an effect or nervous due to stress hormones?
Your previous post got me confused...

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Worked up as in my mind making me think I'm going to go super hypER tyroid. Pulse is now closed to 85-90. Still a bit nervous and lightheaded.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 100021 Worked up as in my mind making me think I'm going to go super hypER tyroid. Pulse is now closed to 85-90. Still a bit nervous and lightheaded.

It's not that easy to go hyperthyroid after you have been hypo that long. Otherwise, most endocrinologist would be out of a job. A GP would be able to give a single pill to a patient and tell them "take that once and you will be fine".
The nervousness and lightheadedness is quite normal response to suddenly improved metabolism. Your brain may be finally getting the CO2 it so badly needs and CO2 makes people lightheaded. Just make sure you are well fed throughout the day as thyroid will make you more sensitive to adrenaline and you may get some jitteriness episodes when hungry even if temperatures and pulse are normal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals