increasing liuride dose

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I increased my lisuride dose from .1mg to .2mg with the following results: further increase in libido and no cold feet whatsoever. At one point I thought I might have to leave work early and meet my husband at home! I also usually have a couple predictable dips where my feet start getting cold and that didn't happen at all. Taking this supplement seems very balancing imo. I'm thinking of taking it for about four more weeks and then tapering off as spring approaches.

jaguar43

Blossom said:
Yesterday I increased my lisuride dose from .1mg to .2mg with the following results: further increase in libido and no cold feet whatsoever. At one point I thought I might have to leave work early and meet my husband at home! I also usually have a couple predictable dips where my feet start getting cold and that didn't happen at all. Taking this supplement seems very balancing imo. I'm thinking of taking it for about four more weeks and then tapering off as spring approaches.

Whenever I increased to to three pills, I felt nauseatic and I am about to throw up.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don't think I will go that high but thanks for the tip. One seems just fine.

jyb

Since anti-serotonin drugs reduce nausea and motion sickness, isn't nausea a sign that lisuride increases serotonin?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I haven't had nausea with it but I've personally never gone above 0.2 mg in one day.

jyb

I have this theory that the nausea after a certain dose (for me, it has happened at just one pill of 0.2mg!) is low sugar stores. I'm not 100% sure about it, because it hasn't happened to me with other drugs I experimented with, and also the nausea is not exactly the symptom of low blood sugar I usually have (usually its more like brain fog or feeling light headed). If it is related to sugar stores, it seems like lisuride is particularly demanding.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's good to know. I've been taking it before bed so maybe that is why I haven't experienced that issue. I will keep that in mind if I ever take it during the day! Thanks for the info.

TeslaFan

jyb said:
Since anti-serotonin drugs reduce nausea and motion sickness, isn't nausea a sign that lisuride increases serotonin?

Lisuride stimulates several 5-HT receptors, similar as LSD, so it's not entirely anti-serotonin (that would be cyproheptadine); lisuride targets dopamine receptors (and is marketed as dopamine agonist) hence "anti-serotonin" net effect. Dopamine itself is anti-serotonin, and vice versa. Nausea is common with lisuride; I get it if I take two 0.2 mg pills at once.

I discovered that taking lisuride with ondansetron will prevent nausea.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've settled on taking lisuride in 1/4 tablet increments (3-4 times) with some food spread out over the day. This way of taking it seems to provide more benefit to me than taking a larger dose of 1/2 tablet to 1 tablet only once daily.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would like to caution people if you are taking thyroid, and start introducing lisuride that theres a possibility to go "hyperthyroid" if you do not make the correct adjustments. Man oh man if I had some cabbage I would probably mainline it right now. :(

Needless to say, thats how powerful lisuride is.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Constipation is the side effect that I can say for certain that I get from lisuride. I suppose that means I am still dependent on serotonin to a certain extent for bowel movements. :eek:. Time for cascara. I've stopped lisuride twice and for me the benefits outweigh that side effect. After hearing Charlie's experience I'm wondering if lisuride contributed to my hyperthyroid phase a few months back. :idea:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Constipation is definitely a side effect and I had to increase the cascara.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I bet this is why I've been having some challenges in figuring out my thyroid dose. Thanks for reporting your experience Charlie. :oops:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I can definitely see how this could be a huge challenge, because it is.

The huge increase in metabolism caused by lisuride could probably worry some people due to the intensity of the situation.

Another important part of this is keeping the liver fueled up. This has been somewhat difficult as the demands of the effects of the lisuride are quite intense on the system. If glycogen is not replete, stress hormones would become a factor rather quickly.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How insightful! This would explain why I find splitting the dose up evenly and spreading it throughout the day to work better. This is definitely the most powerful supplement I have used and not to be taken lightly! I feel I can work with this better after our discussions on the thyroid and liver glycogen issues. What I previously thought of as my remaining imbalances were probably just not fully understanding the impact of the lisuride. I hope your thyroid symptoms are improving!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Blossom said:
This is definitely the most powerful supplement I have used and not to be taken lightly!
Agreed.

Another thing to think about since the metabolism is cranked up so hard is that you need to make sure you also have the nutrients to back it along with the sugar and protein. Long story short, feast like a Peaty king while doing this eating the most nutritious as possible, and with ample supply, would be helpful. :)

Quick note about my lisuride dosing. I started with 1/2 a pill and quickly realized it was probably too much. I then went to 1/4 a pill for a couple days and still was too much. I am down to 1/8th a pill now while at the same time decreasing my thyroid supplement by almost a 3rd so far.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, it would seem this supplement could easily derail a person's best efforts if not compensated for adequately. I was so depleted when I first started that I didn't even notice any side effects period! This is probably best reserved for very extreme circumstances. I can tell it powerfully lowers prolactin for me and also has some positive 'psychological' effects. I'm excited to move forward with this new insight!

tara

Hmm. Lisuride is apparently sometimes prescibed for migraine prophylaxis. And it's available on prescription here (unlike cyproheptadine). But for parkinson's. I wonder if I should check out whether my doctor would prescribe me this. Any one used it against migraine?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
tara said:
Hmm. Lisuride is apparently sometimes prescibed for migraine prophylaxis. And it's available on prescription here (unlike cyproheptadine). But for parkinson's. I wonder if I should check out whether my doctor would prescribe me this. Any one used it against migraine?
I have not personally experienced migraine, fortunately. If you are interested in trying it you could tell your doctor you know of someone who has used it for migraine with success and see if he/she would be willing to prescribe it for this purpose. It is a very powerful medication so if you opt to give it a go just keep an eye out for metabolic boosting that may effect thyroid function and/or increase the bodies need for sugar (generally speaking). Some have mentioned nausea as a side effect. I've been taking it with food and so far have avoided that particular issue. :D

khan

Charlie said:
I would like to caution people if you are taking thyroid, and start introducing lisuride that theres a possibility to go "hyperthyroid" if you do not make the correct adjustments. Man oh man if I had some cabbage I would probably mainline it right now. :(

Needless to say, thats how powerful lisuride is.

I would also like to add , 2 days back I took quarter of lisuride and my blood pressure became very high and my heart beat was scary for me. At 2 Am in the morning I went to emergency. Nurse took my EEG and said that is fine but my blood pressure was 163/106, she told me take some propranolol to lower the blood pressure. Be very careful with this stuff (lisuride). Always take with enough food. In my opinion don't take it in the evening.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals