Is there a way to reverse spina bifida after birth?

RealNeat

The most common explanation for spina bifida seems to be folate deficiency in the early parts of pregnancy. It seems that since it's not a truly genetic malformation that it should be reversible. The late Travis had writings in spina bifida and neural tube defects but I'm not seeing many options after it has already taken place. Surgery seems to be the go to, I'm thinking there must be things that can help, especially at a young age, to reverse the condition naturally. Hernias are also said to be non reversible unless by surgery but I have heard of people reversing them.

Pablo Cruise

The most common explanation for spina bifida seems to be folate deficiency in the early parts of pregnancy. It seems that since it's not a truly genetic malformation that it should be reversible. The late Travis had writings in spina bifida and neural tube defects but I'm not seeing many options after it has already taken place. Surgery seems to be the go to, I'm thinking there must be things that can help, especially at a young age, to reverse the condition naturally. Hernias are also said to be non reversible unless by surgery but I have heard of people reversing them.
Surgery.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

The pros and cons seem to be not very well defined depending on the type of spina bifida. Myomeningocele needs immediate intervention, but meningocele and occulta form could be watched without intervention before making a decisions, especially if there are no symptoms. So though saying "surgery" sounds simple enough, the minutia and risk balance is critical. I hope for more involved conversation in future responses to this thread.

pondering

Hernias are also said to be non reversible unless by surgery but I have heard of people reversing them.
Don’t want to hijack this thread, but I have an older relative facing the possibility of surgery for a hernia, but apprehensive due to age (79). Any quick tips for what to look into to possibly reverse it?

Edit: Found some other threads on hernias, so if you’d rather stay focused on the spina bifida, I understand.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals