Leucine synergistic with Resveratrol/NAD+ Precursors in increasing health/lifespan

Jamsey

I found this interesting as leucine is one of the more potent mtor stimulators and mtor inhibition is considered one of the most reliable pathways to extend lifespan. This study maybe adds some context to this theory.
“Leucine-resveratrol reduced insulin resistance (homeostatic model assessment for insulin resistance) 33% with corresponding reductions in glucose and insulin area under the curve in oral glucose tolerance tests.”

“Low-dose (10 nM) NAD+ precursors (nicotinic acid, nicotinamide mononucleotide, and nicotinamide riboside) synergized with leucine to increase Sirt1 activity in adipocytes, hepatocytes, and muscle cells (30–100%, P < .01) and lifespan in Caenorhabditis elegans (25%, P = .025) and to significantly regress atherosclerotic lesion size and macrophage infiltration in a mouse model of atherosclerosis.”

Fred

OP
J

Jamsey

Thank you for the link, but I’m aware of this forums view on resveratrol. I think that has very little to do with the relevance of this study, which is that they found synergism between leucine and molecules that increase nad+ in bettering health markers and increasing lifespan.

LeeLemonoil

Thanks. I tend to avoid leucine for the reasons you stated in regards to mTor-activation and it’s good to read something to broaden the context.

As a „Peater“ it’s always difficult to not be at odds with mainstream longevity science. But NAD+ precursors are also dependent on tissue situation at any given moment in regards to their effects

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom