Liver why not have 1-2 oz or 4 oz a day?

SamYo123

People recommend that you have around 4-6oz of liver per week/ and or monthly

Peats also recomends that. And was taking up to 100k IUs of VIT A in the summer daily

Could people eat 1-2oz or even 4 oz of liver a day? Thats still well below 100k..

If im under a incadesent bulb for hours on end and not hypothyroid, surely you can eat that much?

dukesbobby777

I used to eat tiny pieces of liver (30g) each morning in my early Peating days. Initially it seemed to have a beneficial effect but may have been too much of vitamin A (or other nutrients) that eventually started making me feel cranky and moody. I used to crave it a lot too during those first 3 or 4 years, but since then I never crave it at all.

MidBicep

People recommend that you have around 4-6oz of liver per week/ and or monthly

Peats also recomends that. And was taking up to 100k IUs of VIT A in the summer daily

Could people eat 1-2oz or even 4 oz of liver a day? Thats still well below 100k..

If im under a incadesent bulb for hours on end and not hypothyroid, surely you can eat that much?
I'm eating 50g a day, even at such a low dose it plays a big part for my nutrient intake. If I try to eat 200g once or twice a week I feel worse. Try things out, there are no set rules aside from avoiding PUFAs here really. I remember Danny Roddy experimenting with more frequent doses of liver and reporting that he felt better.

OP
S

SamYo123

I ate 4 oz one evening, and another 4oz the next morning, didnt feel worse or better.

grithin

You can't use a single day, or even a few days, to determine the correct dose of something like liver. For instance, I ate 1.6kg of cod liver and oil over 6 days before I started to notice symptoms of vitamin A toxicity. There is also a lot more vitamin A in cod liver.

Cow liver is ~ 15.1mg Cu per 100g (3oz). Daily intake of copper before toxicity is said to be max 10mg. It's probably not a coincidence that the max dose of liver you'll see people specifying (including, I think Weston Price) is 1-2oz per day. That's not particularly convenient though, and, so, people consume larger amounts of liver less often.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals